BeneFit Cosmetics Weather Girl [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics Weather Girl [DISCONTINUED]
Weather Girl [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It really sucks that this was discontinued because my friend has it and I've used it but cannot get one myself. The browns are all gorgeous. Neither of us really had any use for the lip glosses, and they got kind of dirty from being near the shadows. The packaging is cute, as always with Benefit.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think that this is the first BeneFit palette I purchase. What I like about it is, that it makes it all so easy. I actually loved the lip cream colours, they are in coppery colours in a shimmer and I mixed them towards the end. The eye colours were pretty as well, soft to apply so easy to work up if needed and blended well. I was sold on the weather girl cover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The colors are amazing (i have an olivey pale complexion), especially the lip colors, which also have a really nice creamy texture. i won it from a raffle, probably wouldn't've bought it otherwise. but hey, it is niiiice.

This is a really cute package, with really basic, neutral colors. They are very pretty but nothing particularly special. The lip creams have a fabulous texture and feel. I notice that the third shade has been very popular in reviews. I am not aware of Benefit selling that shade separately, but, FYI, the Cindy half of Tarte's double-ended lipgloss in Ronald and Cindy is very similar. Anyway, it is overall very nice palette, but nothing really special.

When I first set eyes on this palette, I was so taken by the retro cardboard packaging (I'm all for biodegradable eco-friendly products) and the neutral colours it sported. The design alone convinced me to buy it. I decided to check online reviews before making a regret purchase. The glowing reviews convinced me I should get my hands on one of these babies. But I reminded myself at the back of my head to be firm if I try it on and it doesn't jive with the price tag that comes with it (like it was going to happen).

(Disclaimer: I have olive skin and my preference of makeup leans towards neutral makeup that looks natural) Anyway, I went and tried it at the counter, fully believing to love it and buy it on the spot. I think I was blown away by disappointment (that even the cool palette packaging looked like cheap cardboard with makeup in it). The three shades of lip glosses were tantalizing in the palette. I'm a big fan of lipgloss but these three looked exactly the same on the lips-- not much difference one from the other and it all looked like I had light colourless gloss on; very lacking in pigment period, not to mention distinguishing pigment, one shade from teh other. Fine, I could still live with that.

I swiped the eyeshadow colour and it was so horrid! By that I mean, the texture was not fine enough and the colours weren't blendable enough. The effect was a streaky shade of shimmering colour, with pigment big enough to make it look like cheap shadow and not shimmery skin effect.

All in all the verdict is perfect everything except for the product itself. I had SO wanted to buy it!! I'm hoping to test it again and see if I can be convinced to change my mind. If I end up buying it I'll explain how that worked.

I really like this! It was a Sephora impulse purchase but has been in my purse ever since. I normally dislike pan lip glosses because I hate dealing with the separate brushes but this makes it easy. The colors are neutral but very flattering with my fair/blonde coloring and the lip glosses seem moisturizing, even at the start of winter. The gloss is the perfect consistency and stays on but isn't tacky. I haven't used the eyeshadows as much but the palette is worth it for the lip glosses alone. I think they'll last awhile because a little seems to go a long way and I've barely made a dent in them after using them almost daily for over a month.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really not a fan of this palette. The packaging is adorable and flimsy like everything else from BeneFit, and the contents are pretty basic. The glosses barely show up, and the eyeshadows, while pretty in the pan, are nothing special on lids. Also, the brushes in the palette are even worse-quality than those at Nordstrom available to test products.

This is my first BeneFit product...I bought it impulsively b/c of the pretty picture on Sephora.com. I have to agree with the rest of the group--the colors are fantastic! Especially the eyeshadows...I tend to like browns and neutrals anyway, but I usually go darker than the dark brown in this trio, but something about these particular colors makes them perfect with everything. I also love the staying power, and how perfectly smooth they are to apply. I usually have to do a lot more smudging and blending, but not so with the Weather Girl eyeshadows. The lip colors are great too (I have giant lips so I tend towards neutral lip colors unless I am really going for a dramatic look.) Most nudes are either too shimmery or too matte, but these are perfectly in-between. I plan to buy another ASAP so I don't use it all up and discover that this product no longer exists. I would imagine that this particular palette would be great on just about any complexion, so don't be afraid!

I love everything about this palette! All of the colours work beautifully with my cool-toned PPP skin and blue eyes. The shadows are smooth and long-lasting, and all of them are perfectly wearable and blendable. The lip creams feel SO soft, and they are the most flattering nude shades. I've never had a palette before this one that had no "useless" colours in it! Plus, the packaging is so cute. A definite must-buy.

YAY! I love this palette, I keep it with me 24/7 in my purse. Beautiful colors