Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow brush

Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow brush

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a mini size of this brush from a makeup promo kit I purchased from the BB counter some time ago and it works just fine. I don't see the need to buy the full size version, at least not right now as I usually like to use my fingers to apply cream shadows. I'll use this brush to smooth out the shadow if needed.

The bristles are dense and firm and does a great job of applying cream shadows without pulling or tugging at the lids. Washing it isn't an issue as it cleans well and there's no splaying or fraying.

I find Bobbi Brown's eye makeup brushes are of better quality than her face ones so I think this one would be a good investment.

on 10/3/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own three of these brushes and I keep one in my travel kit. Although I have a decent collection of powder shadows, I use mostly cream shadows and cream shadow sticks. With sticks you can get by without an applicator, but I purchased my first Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Brush along with a little glass jar of Bone Long Wear Cream Shadow. Over the years I have bought many colors and used up entire jars of light shades that work as bases such as Bone, Malted, Shore, and Ballet Pink. Suede is another color I finished and repurchased. Some of the more exotic colors didn't fare as well. I barely made a dent in a limited edition blue one called Surf. I like the soft, skin-like look of the flesh tone shades. They don't look like makeup. Bobbi's standard formula doesn't crease on me. (I only had trouble with one Metallic formula shade that flaked glitter.) I've repurchased Bone the most. It lasts all day. I've also used this brush with other cream products such as MAC's thick Studio Finish Concealer.

The flat curved paddle of the synthetic brush has held its shape so well that I can't tell you which brush I bought first. I purchased the others two or three years apart. The bristles have withstood countless cleanings. I usually wash them immediately after use, unless I'm rushed. I bought my first one over a decade ago and it looks brand new. Bobbi Brown brushes have a signature style. I like the black metal ferrule and the long, lacquered birch wood handle.

The price has gone up since I bought mine, but they currently retail for $32 each. It's a very good quality brush and highly recommended if you frequently wear cream shadow. I use one almost daily.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/5/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have to finally admit that the Cream Shadow brush is indeed a must have when using the Long Wear Cream Shadows. For the longest time I have applied these cream shadows with my ring finger, thinking I don't need a brush, but every time I get to past the half full mark in one of those little glass jars it is more and more complicated to get the product out without also getting it under my finger nail which is obviously something I'd like to avoid. The whole point of using my fingertips to apply the cream shadow is to save time in the mornings, I'm all for it if I don't have to clean another brush. Alas, I got a mini size of this brush in one of Bobbi Brown's travel brush sets and liked the results. I applies the shadow evenly and it's easy to pick up the product from the bottom half of the jar. Since the brush is made of synthetic fibers, cleaning it with a bit of liquid soap and water is not a big deal. So I splurged on the full size brush to use at home, the mini is in my travel makeup case, and I don't regret this purchase. Retails for $30, which is definitely not inexpensive, but so far I've had luck with my Bobbi Brown brushes, they are high quality, I take good care of them and they last for many years.

on 1/30/2015 5:53:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush. I use it to apply my MAC paint pots, which I apply all over my lids after I use lid primer. The only thing I don't love about it is the price. $30 is steep for a synthetic brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wonderful brush. It is easy to clean. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it looks brand new. I clean it each time I use it with a brush spray cleaner. I spray a piece of paper towel and clean the brush with it. Applies the cream shadows beautifully.

Nice, but almost identical to the SPAresource Cream Shadow Brush. Even the handles look the same. Fellow Canadians should put this in perspective, and try that one first. It sells for only $2.47 at Walmart.

on 12/16/2010 6:13:00 PM

Earlier I used my fingers for applying and blending the BB cream shadows. Got product under my nails and didn’t manage to blend well on eyelids…. Problem solved with this cream shadow brush: The brush is amazing! It is soft and doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes - but dense enough for controlled application. Picks up the right amount of product and blends it perfectly on eyelids! Absolutely a HG!

on 5/26/2010 11:54:00 AM

This is perfect for the longwear cream shadows from BB or other brands. I love it.

on 10/23/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wear makeup every day but I am by no means an expert - I need my makeup to be easy to apply, long wear, and basically fool proof. I have owned a BB cream shadow for several months and had always applied it with my fingers. I ended up ordering the brush because the cost bumped me up to the minimum to get a promo on BB's website. I LOVE the brush - it is just stiff enough yet still soft, and it picks up just the right amount of product. This is waaaay preferable to applying with my fingers because it's easier to blend the e/s and I get the right amount of product on each eye, instead of having one eye with more e/s than the other. I also like using this brush to apply cream highlighter to my inner v's, which is nearly impossible to do well with my fingers. 4 stars! I took one off for the price, which is $28 (too high).

A Necessity For Me

This was my first Bobbi Brown brush purchase. I ordered a limited collection that included the Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy, and was told that I needed this brush. And that person was correct. I really do need this brush.

In the morning…I take out one of my cream shadows (sometimes just to prime my eyes), and dip my brush into the little pot, apply it to my eyes, and then blend with my ring finger. Get the perfect look every time. I’ve tried other brushes that look like this one (two concealer brushes from other brands that picked up too much product and another brush used for shadow/liner from another line (What a mess!). I’ve used my finger (when I couldn’t find my brush), and it smeared. I also put way more on one eye. Not a good look;)

If you can use something else or you’re better than I am with your fingers (I know BB can do it…I’ve seen her)…then this brush is optional. For me it’s a necessity, and if it ever wears out (unlikely)...I will gladly repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes