Pure Luxe Cosmetics April's Mix

Pure Luxe Cosmetics April's Mix

3.9

This product seems to induce a love or hate relationship. It works for me beautifully, but does not work on my friend. For reference, I am NC30. I can dust this on by itself or use mineral makeup first and use this as a setting powder. It looks best after about 30 minutes when it has set with your skin and leaves me glowing!! It looks like I am translucent skin. You can also spray on a setting spray (toner, water, whatever) to help it set faster. I always wear this when I go out, it never fails!! Definitely get a sample first to see if it works for you. A sample will last you a long time anyway.

on 9/20/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: This product is pretty nice. I'm surprised that no one has reviewed it yet. It's a light neutral shade of loose finishing powder that I dust lightly over my face to give it a more finished look. I use this in conjunction with either PL's What Red or EDM's PMUP color corrector. I gave this product four lippies only because I think I like About Face Cashmere Stockings better for its light-reflecting properties.
Where did I buy this: Pure Luxe Web site.
Price: About $1.00 for a 1/4-teaspoon sample.
Packaging: Standard screw-top sample pot; no sifter cap.
Would I buy again: Maybe. continued >>

on 4/11/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe that I've never reviewed April's Mix! Please note that although the website describes April's Mix as a "apricot clay color," it's really more of a greyish peach color...I think. It's hard to describe but don't be scared if it looks too gray. I've yet to find a shimmery highlighter that didn't make me glow like I was radioactive or maybe that's how they're suppose to look but I do NOT like that look. April's Mix is perfect for me because it gives a very subtle shimmery glow. It is not shiny at all and goes on pretty much colorless although I think it might look ashy on darker skintones. I am an NC 25 for reference. I just ordered a 20 gram jar of April's Mix. It's fantastic! Only thing I don't love is Pure Luxe customer service, which is non-existent, and the shipping leaves a lot to be desired. Instead of a flat shipping fee like Alima, Pure Luxe charges shipping according to the amount of the order. I think I pay about $6 for a $25 order of a bunch of samples and 1 full-sized jar of product, and my order arrives bubble-wrapped in a cheap mailer a week later. Don't mean to sound b!tchy but that $6 will buy priority shipping for such a light order. You can spend $50 for nothing but samples (which come in jars) and end up paying $8+ for first class shipping.

on 4/20/2008 2:43:00 AM

No sir, I don't like it.
Made me rather sick and washed out looking. Maybe it is intended for someone with very fair skin cause it sure isn't for my med. tone skin.

on 6/30/2008 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really confused about this product. On the web site it says this color is an apricot shade. The one I received is WHITE with tiny flecks of color, with sheen. My skin is n/d and I mistakenly used it all over my face as a light setting powder and bam, I looked oily. So strange! I wrote the company but have yet to get a reply. MAC NW20-25, MUFE #2. I think I will pass.

on 7/18/2008 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

just like another reviewer down here said,i'm really confused with this product too. the website said it was the bestseller, and corrects your flaws bringing luminosity. it did none of that whatsoever. i have olive skin with yellow undertones and this looked rather white and chalky/ashy on my face making my skin look more flawed! maybe for lighter skin tones, but definitely not for me

on 12/14/2007 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just flat out love this stuff. It gives my oily skin a glow without making my face look like a disco ball, is simple to apply and lasts. I catch myself looking in the mirror and thinking "yes, I remember when my skin used to look like this back in college." Highly recommended as a finishing powder for anyone over 40. Try it. Pure Luxe makes it easy since they have many sample sizes available on their website, so you won't be out much, and will probably end up quite pleased.

on 11/27/2007 4:33:00 AM

This is one of my favorite products from Pure Luxe. I would never want to be without it, but I can't really tell you why. This stuff is just great. it leaves a very pretty finish to the skin without being too shiny, too flat, too ashy, too bright, etc. It just imparts nice healthy glow without looking glittery. It seems to blur little imperfections and just gives the skin a really pretty texture. If I'm in a hurry there are times I just apply Pure Luxe's Powder Eraser and April's Mix. My eyeliner and lips are tattooed on and my lashes are naturally dark and fairly long, so I can get by with just the powder eraser and April's Mix in a pinch. This is coming from a 40+ y/o, so you know it's got to be good stuff, if I'm willing to go out in public without full makeup! I just love it and highly recommend it.

This review is based on a sample: I was hoping to find a less expensive option for my LM Secret Brightening Powder (which I love) but this doesnt quite measure up. I still really like it but not for my eye area or setting powder for my under eye concealer. I will buy a full size to use on the rest of my face and keep/conserve the LM SBP for my eye area. The formulas seemed very similar but differed in color. LM being bright white and PL being more of a light skin tone. Not a lot of sparkle in either just a very sheer, hint of shimmer under certain lighting conditions. Very understated and classy for a very, very slight glow. I will order a full size.

Me: sensitive, normal/dry with very dry under eye area with fine lines, prone to occasional acne breakouts, NW10-15 cool fair with blue eyes, brunette age 40ish :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using a smaple of this for several days and I really like it. It is very neutral and doesn't impart color, but it does give skin a nice glow.

I brought my review down to three lippies because this seems to irritant my skin and make it itchy!