no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

After using this for about 2.5 years, I can safely say that this is a wonderful line of haircare products --that you can't use forever. At first I was loving it --the gorgeous floral scent that lingered all day, the great lather of the shampoo that didn't leave my hair squeaky, the creaminess of the conditioner...the Straighten Up line made my hair quite manageable, less frizzy and easier to straighten. However, it does little for fluff, which is a major problem for me, especially when it's humid out. My hair is pretty dry, as well, and I did appreciate that the Straighten Up line didn't dry me out further--but the 24/7 styling creme did absolutely nothing at all and after 2.5 years, I'm going to have to retire this entire line for something better, as it no longer gives my hair the same healthy look it used to--now it just looks seriously dull and lifeless. I've switched to Aussie's Moist line with good success so far. Would I use Sunsilk again? While it sure won't do much harm, it may not help much either, so yes, I would use it over something harsher, but not as my HG.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

when i first got this in the conditioner, i really liked it. it really made my hair straight and smooth and super soft. but after a while this kinda got a bit disgusting to use. the conditioner is really thick and i found that it feels a bit too heavy on my hair and it also caused a lot of build up, which started to make my hair look really flat. not only that but it didnt bring that softening effect it used to. now i'm not too fond of this and have since switched to garnier which i find to be much better

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

11 years ago

This review is for the Straight to Perfection Conditioner. I've used and enjoyed a couple of other Sunsilk conditioners lately. Namely the ones in the pink(moisturizing) and green(curls) bottles. They both leave my hair softer, smoother, and smelling AMAZING! Amazing enough to have people compliment me on how great I smell even when I'm not wearing a fragrance. After reading some reviews online about how special the one for straight hair in the purple bottle is, particularly the scent(I'm a fragrance junkie) I decided to get it. Ugh. I don't know if my taste is soooo vastly different from the rest of the world or what, but the scent of this stuff is HIDEOUS! It's sharp and cloyingly powdery at the same time. I don't know how it does it but it's too light and heavy at the same time. It gave me a headache and I couldn't wait to get home at the end of the day and wash it out of my hair. Please, please, be careful with this stuff. It should have the same warnings on it that Angel and Clinique Aromatics Elixir get: Only use a *tiny* bit and rinse thoroughly. Trust me, everyone will smell you before you get on their block - which is a good thing because it will give them enough warning to get away from you before you make them sick with the smell of your hair. I gave this 1 lippie because it does work ok as conditioner making my hair soft, shiny and smooth. But the scent... :-x Would not repurchase and may have to throw out the bottle that I have.

About reviewer (327 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

from

11 years ago

I've been using this ever since it came out, but it wasn't until recently that I noticed how awesome it makes my hair look. It's great when I need to reeeally straighten my hair, so I start using it a day or two before I know I'll be straightening it. My hair's naturally straight, but with the layers I have in it, it goes in all sorts of directions. Whenever I straighten my hair after using this, my hair is super shiny and really soft. I always get compliments on how nice my hair looks, and I didn't realize it was because of this until I switched to a different shampoo/conditioner. I don't use this all the time, but when I do, my hair always looks great. I don't find the scent too strong either.. in fact, I actually love it. People actually comment on how good my hair smells! I love this line! <3

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

11 years ago

I use the blow dry serum with heat protection. I really like it. It works so much better than the blow dry serums I have used in the past, including expensive ones from the salon. I mix it with BTZ get'n creamed and my hair is so much less frizzy and poofy afterwards.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

11 years ago

Pros: Smells good. My hair was a little soft? Cons: Left my hair feeling gross, very dry (it sucked the moisture right out), and did nothing to my curls. No I was not expecting some cheap brand to straighten my hair, but I thought it would help for when I straightened my hair. Did not contribute at all. I give it two stars. One for the decent price. Two for the good smell. I prefer their hydra line.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

11 years ago

this it made my hair smooth and smell REALLY good! :) EDiT:Nope right now i'm going organic and not using things like SLS on my hair which can cause hairloss and skin irritation:( and this stuff has SLS(sodium lauyal sulfate) in it...

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

1.0

11 years ago

AHHHHHHH! A nightmareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I initially bought this product because it tricked me by saying "silky" on the bottle and I love the color purple. Unfortunately it worked the first day. Second day, not so much. I could barely comb through my hair because it had ZERO moisture. This is a horrific shampoo, but I have to say it's still not as bad as bbw pineapple(ickkk). My roots had this weird buildup too. Just please save yourself the distress of getting a brush caught in your hair. I can't get away from these reviews. I keep checking back to see if anyone had the bad experience I did. I ripped out so much hair using this. oh my

About reviewer (138 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

This made my hair soooo gross feeling and the opposite of soft. and no, it did not straighten whatsoever. horrible.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I love Sunsilk! I have curly, long hair prone to frizziness. When I use the shampoo/conditioner and don't comb or blow dry my hair it dries with soft, less frizzy curls. I find my hair is much easier to comb or blow dry straight using this. Because it's so reasonably priced, I can use however much shampoo or conditioner my thick hair needs without feeling guilty. Definitely buying more soon.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium