Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 6/12/2017 4:06:00 AM

This is an okay fast-dry top coat, but it's far from the best. It's a little streaky and draggy. Not horrible, but it's not great either. And at $9 a bottle it's a little expensive too.

INM's Out the Door is so much better (and cheaper too). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best topcoat ever. I'll neva buy another. makes your polish dry super quick. leaves your mani shiny and smooth. doesnt crack or chip at all. love this stuff.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I would buy Essie Good To Go over and over again, it is that amazing! I have been using this product since September 2013, and it gives any brand of nail polish a salon finish. It also dries the nail polish really quickly so you are left with a smooth and streak free finish. The only downside is that after a few months of using it, it starts to get a bit goopy making it a little hard to apply, to overcome this I just added a few drops of my nail polish remover and it worked perfectly. However, I do think Essie should look into this and improve the longevity of the product.

*Bear in mind that this top coat will shrink the overall coverage of the nail polish so apply the top coat generously. I do my nails once a week and always use this top coat - I am still on my first bottle, so it really lasts a long time. I think it costs about GBP 8.99 in Boots - well worth the money!!!

on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM

It gives a great shine but not so great on the chipping. I use this one on my toes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this top coat. For those of you complaining about it becoming thick after half the bottle-- that is expected for a quick dry top coat. Once oxygen gets in the bottle it causes the polish to become thicker as if it were "drying"... Anyways- It is SUPER shiny and does exactly as essie advertises- drys SO quickly! I have used it with essie polish, OPI, and Butter London and it works like a dream with all three. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

URGH. Worst Essie product. Granted, with the first few uses it does the job (if you can get over the seriously disgusting chemical smell it has) But VERY quickly it lost it's oompf and when you take the brush out the pot it goes so solid so quickly, it leaves a spider web like trail, and goes onto the nail like tacky glue. I'd expect this after a good few months of use but not within a few weeks!? It then started to not dry properly, go like jelly and ruin the colour underneath whenever the nail touched something. The brush was also not half as good as the normal wide essie brushes, and the brush lid top seemed a lot cheap and tackier than the standard ones. Expected so much more for the price! Have thrown this product away and have now got the excellent seche vite like I should've done in the first place!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This top coat is SUPER fast and makes nails so shiny! That's all I have to say, really. Super fast and super shiny.

on 7/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

no top coat is perfect, but this is pretty damn close!

PROS:
-high gloss!
-reduces chipping (average 5 days of perfect manicure)
-evens out nail polish mistakes & poor application
-ideal consistency, thick but not too thick
-easy application (can apply imperfectly and it even itself out)
-reasonably fast-drying (5 minutes and i use my hands for basic things)
-no harmful chemicals

CONS:
-polish & top coat can come off in 1 nail-shaped block when manicure is stale

NOTE: despite using a lot of this top coat with every manicure, the product doesn't get used up quickly. i don't understand the physics of that, but works for me!

on 6/3/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this cute little top coat! It dries so fast, it looks amazing. It made my semi-holo polish look even more holo, which is unheard of (usually top coat demolishes holographic polishes). I painted my nails and then slapped on a thin coat of this liquid amazingness and saw no chips for a week and a half (I like to capitalize on my manis!) and the shine was enhanced from the minute I put it on.

Will I keep buying this? YES. As long as they don't change the formula. Seriously, it baffles me that people had a hard time with this. I love it!

Also, big-3 free! Seche Vite always holds a special place in my heart but it can't tout the safety this one has.

on 11/6/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is hands down the BEST top coat EVER. I have used other "fast" drying top coats and none of them compare to this. I have mad ADD and can't sit still so this is my saving grace because it really dries super quickly. It's the only top coat I'll use.