Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

I honestly don't feel like this makes my nail polish last longer, and it doesn't make it more shiny at all, so I guess there no point of it being a top coat. Although, it does dry quickly.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best topcoat ever. I'll neva buy another. makes your polish dry super quick. leaves your mani shiny and smooth. doesnt crack or chip at all. love this stuff.

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

on 5/25/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite top coat. I've tried quite a few including Seche Vite and Sally Hansen Insta-dry, and this is by far my favorite. It dries quickly and smoothly with an awesome shine. It also does not shrink which I have experienced with Seche Vite. The only problem I have had is that once you get about half way through the bottle it does thicken considerably, but it's nothing some thinner can't handle. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic topcoat. It really does dry the polish very quickly, but I still find the polish to be very durable. It is super easy to find, and the price is pretty reasonable. I have lucked in a couple of times and stumbled across a bottle at Winners. Yay!

The only thing I don't like is the brush. I love Essie, great colours and durable polishes. But, the brush!! Seriously, if they changed to a wider brush, I think I would give up on all another polishes and topcoats.

This is the top coat I have been looking for! I've always been pretty loyal to Seche Vite, but it causes awful shrinkage on my nails, does not prolong the life of the manicure, and when the polish chips on the second day, it will just all pull off in one solid sheet. I'm on my third day with this manicure, there was no shrinkage, and I have no chips, not even tip wear! It is the same price as Seche Vite but works much better, and lacks the chemicals that some people dislike about Seche Vite. I would 100% recommend this top coat to anybody who asked me. Super shiny. Long wear. Quick dry. Do it.

on 1/31/2014 8:35:00 PM

Two women I work with always have super shiny, great looking nails - I thought they were gel polished. But it turns out, both of them just swear by this as a topcoat so I had to get it. Though $10 is usually a little steep for me for polish, this is totally worth it!

Dries SUPER fast. Before I would worry about smudging or chipping for an hour or more after painting my nails. This makes my polish dry and set completely within less than 20 minutes - no more having to avoid touching things for hours, which means I'm more likely to paint my nails. :) Goes on very smoothly, not too thin or thick, and no bubbles once dry.

The speed is wonderful and the finish is great too! It's very, very glossy/shiny and does make regular polish look as good as gels. Helps prevent chipping; even with frequent antibacterial washing and typing, makes my polish last at least 4 days.

Definitely recommend this one. It's a must!

on 11/29/2013 10:04:00 AM

I have just used this product once but will update my review if things change. This top coat is very nice! It really does dry the polish much more quickly than my previous Sally Hansen "no chips", although I am still careful with my nails. This is fairly thin in consistency, which I like. It gives amazing shine which lasts much better than the SH in my opinion. I used "first base" base coat, 3 coats of "very cranberry" and topped up with this. I have only got some tip wear but no major chipping in 3 days – and I have to say for me that is an improvement. Normally my nail polish chips the next day. Those of you luckier than me may have even better results. I did top up once after 2 days as the gloss faded a little bit (though it was not too bad). So yes, I would absolutely buy this product again.