Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 7/22/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Essie products, they're pigmented and smooth and dry fairly quickly but not really quickly. I got this topcoat after seeing it being used by every nail blogger, friend, family member, basically anyone who painted nails used this stuff. On a whim at Wal-Mart I picked it up for close to $10 CAD. When I got home I used it and it was O.K. It dried quickly and didnt really smear too much. The next day, I knew I made a mistake. My entire nail full of polish peeled clean off... I took a shower and after the shower they all popped right off. It's really thin and watery in the bottle and applies as so on the nails.

10/10 would NEVER repurchase. I'd rather get NYC or Wet-N-Wild and atleast save a few bucks for the same quality.

on 11/21/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Better than Seche Vite. I love that stuff but the goopy stuff at the end of the bottle drives me insane. Thinner doesn't even help after so long. Also it tends to shrink and do other things I hate. Essie doesn't do anything of those things. It's also cheaper and it looks great.

Only real difference between the two? Shine. It all comes down to Seche's shine factor. Essie can't quite get there in how shiny Seche is, but I don't care much because I would rather deal with no goopy bottle I have to toss because it can't be saved and not have manicures ruined by shrinkage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not much for doing my nails (in fact, there's a guaranteed smudge every time) and this fixes it and dries it quickly so I can't mess it up again! Seriously idiot-proof. Wish I could post pictures.. I don't know if it's the best, but it's by far the closest I've found!

on 7/6/2014 10:23:00 PM

I'm really baffled this doesn't have a terrible rating. Bought this as part of a buy-one-get-one-free at Ulta based on its positive reviews here. I used it as my top coat when I painted my nails last night. Within 5 hours my polish was insanely chipped. And I mean almost halfway gone and on all of my fingers.

I know it was this top coat. A) I used 3 different polishes because I was going for an ombre effect (one color on my thumb, one on my index finger, etc etc.) and B) I didn't change anything else. I've never had good luck keeping polish on long but I've never had it chip this fast either. Going back to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri that I was using before. I've also had good luck with Seche Vite and Poshe.

You've been warned!

BEST TOP COT ON THE PLANET. Yes, I said it.

For $10 at shoppers drugmart, it works better than any other top coat i have tried... OPI, Seche Vite, Sally Hansel, China Glaze, other specialty brands...

It dries your nailpolish FAST, stays hard, and is always shiny with no chipping. I especially love this because I can use lower quality nailpolishes that don't last as long, yet this top coat makes them look like a million bucks.

I spent $10 on this top coat, which is a small investment for the value it brings.

Conclusion: BOMB. I'm stocking up.

gives great shine, and completely dries polish in less than 10 minutes (may even be dry sooner but I'm too afraid to test it before the 10 minute mark). Polish seems to last without chipping for about 1-3 days so on that front I am not happy with this product. Would recommend to anyone needing a top coat which dries very quickly, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants their manicure to last chip free for more than 3 days.

on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the best top coat I have tried. Lasts for a week, does not chip, amazing!
I was using Sache Vitta because it gives that nice gloss, however it was very thick and it changed the color of my nail polish. Essie is way better, love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! dries insanely fast and is shinier than Seche Vite (in my opinion...) I am a licensed cosmetologist so I have access to beauty supply shops that are extremely discounted for professionals only, so I can buy this for $4.00 which can't be beat. I used to swear by Seche Vite (which I still love and use) but this doesn't stink as much and I swear it dries with better shine. I wish it came in a gallon size haha since I paint my nails different every day (I have a SERIOUS nail polish addiction) I always suggest this to friends, family, and clients to use... its amazing!