Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 4/9/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pros:
- doesn't destroy my nails.
- works fine for a quick clear coat on days where i'm too in a hurry to do anything.
- does appear to actually dry quickly, though slower than sally hansen's insta-dry and seche vite.
- hasn't murdered any of my family yet.

cons:
- i can ruin my own manicures for free, i don't need to spend $10 to do it.
- only slightly shinier than most polish without a topcoat.

made the mistake of banking on essie's reputation when the store was out of my usual topcoat and i needed something quick and reliable for a no-warning funeral. did my nails at 9 PM (opi's "passion" so we aren't talking cheap throwaway polish here) and by 7 the next morning they were already chipped and peeling. didn't have time to redo it before the service so i had to strip the whole thing and throw a clear coat on (which also chipped and peeled by the afternoon, but at least it's a quick touch-up).

since then i've tried to give it a fair and equal shot--maybe it was a fluke! maybe it just didn't like that polish!--and after 1/5 of the bottle and countless tries, i've yet to have a single successful, lasting manicure with it. every single one chips and flakes in under 24 hours, but usually in under 12. i've had dollar store offbrand top coats with better staying power than this $10 bottle of clear liquid sorrow.

on 5/25/2014 9:20:00 PM

Best top coat ever!!!! Manicure does dry almost instantly and lasts twice as long…i will buy as long as its being madee…

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My current HG topcoat. Dries most of my polishes in about 5 minutes, and manage to last around at least 3 days with no chip or dents from polish not dried properly on the inside. As long as I wait the few minutes between applying coats it always turns out well. Although I do notice the polish somewhat shrinks along the tip of my nails even though I didn't touch anything... something that never happened with Sally Hansen quik-dry top coat, but it's not really noticeable. If it has a wider brush, it would be THE perfect topcoat for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am really pleased with this top coat. it is thin and adds a wonderful shine. I have had no problems with shrinkage, bubbles or chipping. It is not as fast drying as others but it is defiantly worth the little extra dry time. I will probably buy again if i don't find another better.

on 1/19/2013 1:00:00 AM

super glossy. drys fast, but as the sally hansen one at the about 1/3 through it is really goopy. This has less chip than the sally hansen one but I will choose the sally hansen one because it is cheaper. I want to find one I can use the whole bottle and do all the good thing this one does

on 12/26/2012 4:12:00 AM

Have already repurchased this once. Seche Vite does dry faster and better, with a glossier finish, but it becomes gloopy so quickly. I'm not going to spend on a bottle of thinner for that. And I had a lot of issues with shrinkage when using Seche Vite.

This never shrank on me and dries fast. Doesn't chip too, even with my constant washing and typing. It only becomes gloopy with I barely have any left in the bottle. Recommended.

on 11/14/2012 1:14:00 PM

I think a good topcoat is a must have in every nail art/ polish lover (whatever you call it haha). The colour can be really difficult to work with, it streaks, uneven, brush strokes when you apply the colour. But with a good topcoat, everything is gone, the manicure SHINES, and it sometimes even enhances the look of one. Amazing when you think about it.

And so, I am finishing up my third bottle. What I really liked is the shine it gives, I think it gives the best shine compared to the other good topcoats I've used. Also, what I've mentioned above, I bought some polishes that were really hard to work with, cheap, but streaks like mad. I liked the colours though, so I went ahead and applied it to my nails. Ugly, at first. I just put on a layer of essie good to go, and every imperfection is gone. I can't see the uneven surfaces, the streaks or brushstrokes. Yay.

The shine lasts too, its quite chip resistant, drying time quite fast, overall a really nice topcoat to own.

The thing i really don't like about essie is their small brush. Sometimes i find it difficult to apply with such a small brush as it does not pick up enough amount to spread around the whole nail. And its easier to smudge or drag any nail art design as need to go over with the brush multiples times. If it had OPI's wide brush, really it would be perfect to me.

on 10/18/2012 12:50:00 PM

This is a great fast dry top coat. I used to be a seche vite only because I was told it was the best when I was still working as a nail tech. I eventually got tired of the goopieness, shrinkage, and the peeling off in chunks thing which happened to seche vite especially when using OPI nail polish so I switched to good 2 go. The consistency is good, but I've been working with a lot of nail polishes with different conditions so that really doesn't bother me. The drying time is descent as it tries to touch in about a minute or so and you can pretty much go on with your life with your newly painted nails in about 10 to 15 minutes. Although the drying time is greatly influenced by how thick you apply the polish, it usually takes about a few hours to even overnight to get the polish to be really cured before you can really bang it into something. Dried and cured are two different things. Most people gets chips within a day is actually because they started doing heavy works with their nails not fully cured, and once the chip start, it won't end. About the shine, this top coat has tons of it. The shine dulls eventually with every hand task even every touch and that's just how it is with every other top coat. Reapplying top coat every other day create a risk of the edges around the cuticle lifting and that happens to this one too. I only do that when I want my manicure to look fresh instantly but really don't have the time. As for the staying power, I can't be much of a help because I pretty much change my nail color once every 3 to 4 days. This one also shrink less and works well with all my nail polish so far(don't make them get peeled off in sheets). Bottom line, I like it and will keep using it.

on 10/3/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Let me start off by saying this is liquid amazingness in a bottle! This top coat is everything I was looking for!!! Fast drying; (you'd think it takes longer since it's on the thicker side than most top coats) it dries to the touch in about 1-2 min but its a good idea to wait maybe 5 mins just to make sure your polish is not pliable anymore. It leave a super glossy finish that lasts (most of the top coats Ive used dull within that same day). It makes your manicures last an average of 4-5 days without chipping (I have only noticed tip fading because I work on the computer a lot). Now this one is a big one for meit does not streak my nail art!!!! I love creating my own nail art and pretty much all the top coats Ive used streaked all my designs really bad, but this one had very minimal to no streaking at all. I 100% recommend this product and to anyone that had a bad experience it might be the way you apply it or maybe the base polish you are using the top coat on isnt dried enough I really dont know, but you cant go wrong with this. Hope this helps! :-)

on 7/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

no top coat is perfect, but this is pretty damn close!

PROS:
-high gloss!
-reduces chipping (average 5 days of perfect manicure)
-evens out nail polish mistakes & poor application
-ideal consistency, thick but not too thick
-easy application (can apply imperfectly and it even itself out)
-reasonably fast-drying (5 minutes and i use my hands for basic things)
-no harmful chemicals

CONS:
-polish & top coat can come off in 1 nail-shaped block when manicure is stale

NOTE: despite using a lot of this top coat with every manicure, the product doesn't get used up quickly. i don't understand the physics of that, but works for me!