Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I like to use it when I do nail stamping, and I am applying lots of different coats. It works super well - I ended up giving a bottle to my mom who tried it while visiting me, and also fell in love with it.

I use is mostly with other essie products, but I also have a few Sally Hansen, Nars and Dior polishes as well, and it has worked with all of them.

on 4/9/2014 11:57:00 PM

Best top coat I have ever tried. I work with animals, so lots of hand washing, etc. Stays chip free for at least 7 straight days. Super shiny and looks great. I'm so excited I found this, exactly what I was looking for. Fast drying/ chip free/ shiny, love it. And easily available at cvs, etc.

on 4/6/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Dries VERY quickly, and lasts just as long as any slow-drying top coat I've tried.

I normally put two coats of this on top of semi-dry nailpolish, it makes a hard layer that protects the polish underneath until it dries completely. I hate waiting around for nailpolish to dry, so this is perfect for me.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I liked this top coat but it wasn't amazing. It adds a nice shine to the nails, doesn't cause any shrinkage and dries super quickly. However I find it doesn't prevent chipping. I don't notice a difference between when I do and don't use this top coat, chipping wise.

It is a nice top coat and would be good if you paint your nails regularly or for short periods of a time but if you want something that will prevent chipping I don't think this is the top coat for you.

Definitely the best top coat I've ever used! I always stayed away from Seche Vite because it seemed overrated and a little sketchy with the chemicals, but I think it has met its match. Essie Good to Go goes on like a dream, and the brush is the perfect size for smaller nails like mine. It dries super fast and is incredibly glossy, with no bubbling or shrinkage. Manicures remain perfect for days after a coat of Good to Go. The price is reasonable; not cheap by any means, but it's still not as pricey as some others, such as the Sephora by OPI top coays. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a bigger bottle since I use it so much!

on 7/26/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful item that dries polish quick but gives a very professional looking finish. It makes my polish job look better than it actually is. It is also a very durable finish. I like that it is easy to find at Target or drug stores. If traveling it is easy to find anywhere. This is HG for me.

on 6/9/2013 1:08:00 PM

I have been wearing the following for five days with no chips, no tip wear, through all the mindless housework activities involving soap and water and pot scrubbing: base coat of Zoya Anchor, 2 coats Essie Maximillian Strasse Her and Good to Go top coat. Amazing. I do prep my nails pretty thoroughly before applying any polish and I think that helps a lot. Filing tips, light buffing for a smooth surface and a pre-soak in Essie Apricot cuticle oil. After about 10 minutes, I wipe the nails clean with Zoya remover and proceed with polish. I've never had a manicure last this long. This is by far the best top coat I've ever used, including the sacred Seche Vite.

This is one of my favourite quick drying top coats as it dries really fast, it doesn't cause bubbles or shrink the polish and also it doens't get goopy too easily. The only downside is that it is quite expensive here in Europe.