Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 4/11/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I haven't used many fast drying top coats, this one has definitely impressed me. I purchased this in Canada at my local Superstore for $9.99+tax. I am not very patient when it comes to applying nail polish. I just cant sit around and wait for it to dry. I was debating on getting Seche Vite or Essies Good to Go. After reading reviews on MUA comparing the two I decided to go with Essie because the Seche Vite sounds like it thickens really quickly in the bottle. This top coat allowed my polish to dry in no time. I often apply 2 coats of polish and then this top coat. I am not the neatest at applying polish and may leave minor streaks, however after I apply this top coat the streaks are not as noticeable and it leaves a beautiful shine. Wonderful product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the best top coat I have tried. Lasts for a week, does not chip, amazing!
I was using Sache Vitta because it gives that nice gloss, however it was very thick and it changed the color of my nail polish. Essie is way better, love it.

on 12/8/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've used Poshe, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen (in the red bottle) and Dazzle Dry, (great product, but difficult to find and thickens too quickly, although you can order a thinner for it) among many others, but this one is my favorite. It gives me more shine than SH, it dries far quicker than Poshe or SV, it's easy to find and it thickens more slowly than all the others (except SH, but that added no shine). I can't seem to find it at Walgreens or CVS anymore, but the local beauty supply store carries it. I'm on my second bottle and will repurchase.

Edit:

This used to come in a bottle with beige lettering. The new bottle has green lettering and it has been reformulated. Now my nails have awful sheet marks on them which NEVER happened in all the years I used the old formula. I have to find another top coat.

on 9/24/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really loving this product. I received this as a freebie with an Essie Color Cube and honestly forgot about it until recently. Thus far, I love this product. It applies nicely, not to thick and not too runny, and dries super fast!! I'm thinking this may be my new HG topcoat.

on 8/26/2013 2:59:00 AM

It dries quickly and goes on smoothly - which are very important for quick drying top coats.

I also like the fact that it's readily available - I don't have to make a special trip to a beauty store or online order. I can just go to local drugstore (cvs, walgreens, etc) to pick one up easily. Having that said, Essie in general is "pricey" for drugstores and they never goes on sale at these drugstores. But overall, I don't mind purchasing them at their full price (I've seen them priced at anywhere between $8 - 10 depending on the store) because I like them.

One actual "negative" about the product - it starts to get thickened and gunky about half way down the bottle. It's still usable (but application suffers) but I end up buying new ones after about 1/2-2/3 way down.

on 2/28/2013 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product!! it's my holy gail!!! dry fast and very nice shinny finish, whatever color i color on after i top coat with this it always look amazing.

on 10/24/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG top coat. It dries quickly, doesn't cause shrinkage, and is super shiny. It is AMAZING. Purchased for NZD $21.95, which is a pretty penny BUT, it is worth it. :)

I used to buy Essie Good to Go because it was 3 free, and Seche wasn't. I had some serious problems with it despite going through two bottles (and I paint my nails pretty often). It left brush marks EVERYWHERE. I'd try to put down a thicker coat to make sure that it wouldn't do this, but then the stuff would pool in my cuticles. It's at least somewhat fast drying, I thought.

Until I tried Seche. That stuff smells disgusting and contains toluene, but damn if it wasn't a million times better. My nails were dry so much faster - I could bash them against things and they wouldn't budge - and there were no brush marks. The thick coat left a beautiful smooth shine that I NEVER got from Essie. I can't even describe how much better my nails looked, with minimum effort. I'm so confused as to why this is getting such good reviews. I've gone through two bottles of it so far and it's sucked. I realize Seche thickens up, but so does this - 1/2 of the way through the bottle and it was like pudding.

Still giving it two stars because it's 3 free. I'm going to try Poshe next, just because I'm paranoid, but I am not impressed with Essie.

on 7/30/2012 8:39:00 PM

awesome. As soon as i finish this i will rebuy it. I've tried Poshe, Out the Door and Seche Vite, and maybe a couple others over my years, it's not that i hated them, it just didn't think they were so amazing that i needed to rebuy. I asked mua a rec for super glossy a few people said this one, or did i ask for something that dries super fast, can't remember, but either way, this does both of those.

I like shiny nails and am happy with the shine, and it dries sooooooooo fast, and i love that. I also like the packaging, so this is a no brainer rebuy for me, i think it's the first top coat i'll be purposely rebuying. hands down my fave.

on 7/5/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First time I used it- First Impressions,
1. Not to thick, not too thin, perfect consistency! I usually like thicker topcoats, because the thinner ones drip off my nails onto my skin.
2. No bubbles!:) The last topcoat i was using was sally hansen diamond shine. It was shiny as it promised, but bubbled soo much. Super unattractive.
3. This top coat dries SO fast.
4. Super shiny.
5. It made my polish last a bit longer, which i love, because I'm super impatient and I have this inner turmoil with doing my nails. I really love doing them, but i feel as though they're a complete waste of time cause after a week they're gone!
Anyways, this is a great topcoat (I think i just found my holy grail topcoat!)