Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 12/25/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I used to only do my nails once every other week, because it wasn't worth the trouble. I was so ridiculously fed up with spending the time only to have them smear or end up with finger prints hours after they were supposed to be dry.

A friend recommended this product after I went to an event with my nails looking like poo because I had ruined them in the car. I was astonished her nails looked so good from an at home manicure, they were so shiny and thick and perfect. I was sure it was gel.

I immediately purchased Good to go and used with my fav oxblood color that is so hard to use because it stains. I used one coat of Essie fill in the gap, two coats of polish, and one generous coat of this. (I waited about 3 min between each). 5-10 min they were dry and I could smack them against anything without fearing a chip or smudge!

During the drying do be careful because the coat is thick and tacky, if you touch it it will ruin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My current HG topcoat. Dries most of my polishes in about 5 minutes, and manage to last around at least 3 days with no chip or dents from polish not dried properly on the inside. As long as I wait the few minutes between applying coats it always turns out well. Although I do notice the polish somewhat shrinks along the tip of my nails even though I didn't touch anything... something that never happened with Sally Hansen quik-dry top coat, but it's not really noticeable. If it has a wider brush, it would be THE perfect topcoat for me.

on 2/8/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

BEST EVER! I'm a busy mom of a 6 mo old cutie pie, and work full-time in a corporate/office environment as a manager. Therefore, need to look my best always (not that anybody in any role should ever look like crap, but I digres...). Love this top coat because it really does dry fast. Like, 10-15 mins fast. Which is great because with a little one, I don't have time to sit and luxuriate in front of the TV waiting for polish to dry...I'm always on the go and with this top coat, I really am good to go! Even washed baby bottles by hand 15 mins later and not a smudge! Great stuff. Beware that it makes Zoya brand polish shrink up and look a hot-mess. That said, I'd venture to say this stuff only works with Essie colors. Def worth the price. Will never use Sally Hansen quick-dry stuff again (which is okay, but not nearly as good as this stuff).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

It has a great shine for the first few days(like two days). That is the only good thing for me. It does not prevent chipping. It cracks after like four days. It smells like feet until it dries (my brothers stinky gym socks). Its watery and thin. Its not that great for me, but it wasn't completely terrible.Afterall it does dry sort of fast. Maybe my standards are too high after using Out the Door :/

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

So far, I am agreeing with the previous reviewer. My nail polish peeled off the next morning as well with Essie G2G. I had to start over. I also used Nail Envy as my base coat. It also did not dry that fast. I gave my nails 30 full minutes just to be sure. So far the only fast dry topcoat that I have tried that actually dries 'quickly' is Seche Vite (meaning I can put my freshly manicured hands into my jean pockets after 5 minutes with no consequences), but that stuff shrinks almost immediately. Maybe it works best with other Essie products...Will try with the Essie protein base coat. For now, though, I don't think I will repurchase.