Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.8

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I like to use it when I do nail stamping, and I am applying lots of different coats. It works super well - I ended up giving a bottle to my mom who tried it while visiting me, and also fell in love with it.

I use is mostly with other essie products, but I also have a few Sally Hansen, Nars and Dior polishes as well, and it has worked with all of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic topcoat. It really does dry the polish very quickly, but I still find the polish to be very durable. It is super easy to find, and the price is pretty reasonable. I have lucked in a couple of times and stumbled across a bottle at Winners. Yay!

The only thing I don't like is the brush. I love Essie, great colours and durable polishes. But, the brush!! Seriously, if they changed to a wider brush, I think I would give up on all another polishes and topcoats.

on 6/3/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this cute little top coat! It dries so fast, it looks amazing. It made my semi-holo polish look even more holo, which is unheard of (usually top coat demolishes holographic polishes). I painted my nails and then slapped on a thin coat of this liquid amazingness and saw no chips for a week and a half (I like to capitalize on my manis!) and the shine was enhanced from the minute I put it on.

Will I keep buying this? YES. As long as they don't change the formula. Seriously, it baffles me that people had a hard time with this. I love it!

Also, big-3 free! Seche Vite always holds a special place in my heart but it can't tout the safety this one has.

on 5/15/2012 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've tried multiple top coats, and this one has been the only one that I've stuck with because it has pretty much everything I want. Doesn't scuff as much as Poshe. Dries quickly. Three-free (unlike Seche Vite). Shiny. No bubbling. Not sure why some people have bad luck with it.

on 10/30/2011 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This is my favorite topcoat. I find that it dries very quickly and remains very shiny. It self-levels beautifully, without being too thick. Unlike Seche Vite, I can use 75% of the bottle before it thickens to the point of no return. I love that it's easy to find at most drugstores. My manicures last approx 4 days with Gelous base coat and Good to go topcoat. Normally I'm bored before I see any tipwear or chipping. I'm on the 3rd bottle and don't plan to switch any time soon!

on 8/23/2011 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this topcoat! It does dry extremely fast, and it's very shiny and feels nice on my nails. I've used it with several brands of nail polish (OPI, china glaze, wet n wild, revlon, essie of course) and it seems to work well with everything I've tried so far.

The one drawback is that this feels softer than some other top coats, like Seche Vite, which dries very hard. If I am in a hurry I usually go with Seche, because I have experienced smudging and scratches when I apply this over not-quite-dry nail polish. However, this doesn't thicken up and dry out like Seche Vite, so I guess it's a tradeoff.

on 4/28/2011 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am a fan of Seche Vite top coat, but had found that with some brands of nail polish (esp RBL) I would get shrinkage at the tips one hour after applying the color. Very frustrating. I bought Good to Go based on Makeupalley reviews and problem solved! So glad I bought the Professional kit. I still prefer Seche Vite for all my other colors because this one takes longer to dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this because its the one they use in a few salons I've been to. I really like it and do think it gives nice shine, definitely dries my polish super fast so that I don't end up with squashed fingerprinty polish (biggest nail-related pet-peeve!) and it does seem to make it more chip-resistant than no top coat, but its not a miracle worker or anything, the polish still eventually chips. Still giving it a five because the main thing I want is fast-drying and shine, which this does.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used INM Out the Door and seche vite, and I love Good to Go way more than either.
I never thought I'd like an essie topcoat as much as I do. To me, essie was known for its annoyingly small brushes and sheer polishes. I was wrong. I didn't expect essie to have made HG topcoat material, but they have. It's shinier than seche and INM (at least in my opinion), which for me is an awesome plus. It's also easier to apply than I thought it would be. The brush seems small at first, but the polish practically applies itself. It dries pretty quickly, I'd say in a minute to three. Something I also love is that it doesn't have an offensive smell. However, there is a problem: it gets goopy halfway through the bottle. No biggie, I just add some thinner. However, it becomes irrepairably thick when approaching 2/3 of the bottle. No amount of thinner can save it (I tried). Even if you get the thin consistency back, it still bubbles, chips, and never dries. This results in having to throw out a fair amount of product. Oh well, though. It's worth it to me. I adore this topcoat and am on my second bottle (approaching the third). No shrinkage, hardly any chipping (I get tiny chips the first two times I use a new bottle which is strange), glossy, great application. For me, it cannot be beat : )

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. I really thought I might not be happy with it and it would end up being returned to Ulta. I was very wrong. This top coat is the best I have ever bought. I have very bad nails. Period. My nails are very hard to make look nice. My toe nails are always full of uneven ridges and are very far from being a smooth surface for nail polish even with base coat. I use this top coat over a base coat and my choice of polish. So far I have tested it with two Sally Hansen's base coats and OPI and Essie polishes. I have had outstanding results with the top coat with all of it. After I have used this, my nails dry much quicker then usual which is a great bonus. This also makes my nails incredibly shiny. The biggest thing I notice is when I touch my nails they are smooth. You cannot tell I have ridge filled nails! I also have noticed my polish seems to be lasting longer with this top coat and then my Sally Hansen top coat. This is a very high quality top coat and I will continue to buy it. I highly recommend it.

Popular Top/Base Coats