Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

3.9

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

This is my new favourite topcoat. I bought this after breaking my bottle of OPI Rapidry, and while I really enjoyed that - I think I prefer this one just a bit. It is very quick drying, which I love, but doesn't cause any shrinkage. It also dries down to a high shine finish, a fact which I am happy about as I like a super glossy finish from my top coat. The shiny finish is gorgeous, and people often ask if my polish is Shellac or gel when I wear this, even though I am just wearing one coat of it over normal polish. It reacts well to all my polishes, I have no issues with shrinkage, slow drying time or chipping. I actually feel like this top coat does make my manis feel stronger, harder and more resilient to wear and tear. I usually get around 5 days wear from a mani when I use this top coat. This is a little pricey, but cheaper than OPI's version, so I will continue to use it and definitely repurchase. Good To Go is safely my holy grail top coat.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best topcoat ever. I'll neva buy another. makes your polish dry super quick. leaves your mani shiny and smooth. doesnt crack or chip at all. love this stuff.

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

on 4/9/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pros:
- doesn't destroy my nails.
- works fine for a quick clear coat on days where i'm too in a hurry to do anything.
- does appear to actually dry quickly, though slower than sally hansen's insta-dry and seche vite.
- hasn't murdered any of my family yet.

cons:
- i can ruin my own manicures for free, i don't need to spend $10 to do it.
- only slightly shinier than most polish without a topcoat.

made the mistake of banking on essie's reputation when the store was out of my usual topcoat and i needed something quick and reliable for a no-warning funeral. did my nails at 9 PM (opi's "passion" so we aren't talking cheap throwaway polish here) and by 7 the next morning they were already chipped and peeling. didn't have time to redo it before the service so i had to strip the whole thing and throw a clear coat on (which also chipped and peeled by the afternoon, but at least it's a quick touch-up).

since then i've tried to give it a fair and equal shot--maybe it was a fluke! maybe it just didn't like that polish!--and after 1/5 of the bottle and countless tries, i've yet to have a single successful, lasting manicure with it. every single one chips and flakes in under 24 hours, but usually in under 12. i've had dollar store offbrand top coats with better staying power than this $10 bottle of clear liquid sorrow.

on 11/21/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Better than Seche Vite. I love that stuff but the goopy stuff at the end of the bottle drives me insane. Thinner doesn't even help after so long. Also it tends to shrink and do other things I hate. Essie doesn't do anything of those things. It's also cheaper and it looks great.

Only real difference between the two? Shine. It all comes down to Seche's shine factor. Essie can't quite get there in how shiny Seche is, but I don't care much because I would rather deal with no goopy bottle I have to toss because it can't be saved and not have manicures ruined by shrinkage.

on 9/24/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Essie Good to Go is good to go in the trash. Bought it because I thought it would be compatible with 3-free and 5-free polishes. Not a chance.

I just ruined my last manicure due to shrinkage. I let the polish dry a bit before applying; I applied over new polish; no matter, shrinkage happens and ruins mylovely manicure.

I'm going back to Jessica Top Priority. the drying time wait will be worth it; besides, that's why I having drying drops anyway.

on 5/25/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite top coat. I've tried quite a few including Seche Vite and Sally Hansen Insta-dry, and this is by far my favorite. It dries quickly and smoothly with an awesome shine. It also does not shrink which I have experienced with Seche Vite. The only problem I have had is that once you get about half way through the bottle it does thicken considerably, but it's nothing some thinner can't handle. I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Top/Base Coats