Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this top coat in the summer but put off using it after the first few times of trying it as it was quite a bit slower to dry than Seche Vite or InstaDri. However as I started to really hate InstaDri's cracking issues on my nails and Seche Vite's shrinking, I lowered my standards and gave this top coat another shot and I ended up liking it a lot better. I feel like the shine is definitely here with this top coat, and I didn't get any shrinking, bubbling, or cracking. The wear time is also alright with this top coat, some polishes just didn't agree with this top coat, namely glitters, and chipped pretty quickly but it was mainly okay. The brush in this top coat is also thicker than Essie's normal polish brush, which is something I really appreciate as I hate Essie's regular brush and this brush makes the polish a lot easier to apply smoothly. The formula is also a decent consistency, on the thicker side, and it doesn't smudge nail art because of it.

The problem starts now, about four-five months after I started using it weekly. It's starting to shrink my polish really badly and I still have just a bit less than half a bottle left. For the nine dollars I paid, I don't want to stop using this when I still have half a bottle and it's leaving me disappointed. The formula itself is still pretty good, it's only thickened up a bit so the fact that it's shrinking my polish this badly is sad. Based on its performance from the first half I would probably give it a 4.5 but now it sits at a solid 3 for me.

on 7/6/2014 10:23:00 PM

I'm really baffled this doesn't have a terrible rating. Bought this as part of a buy-one-get-one-free at Ulta based on its positive reviews here. I used it as my top coat when I painted my nails last night. Within 5 hours my polish was insanely chipped. And I mean almost halfway gone and on all of my fingers.

I know it was this top coat. A) I used 3 different polishes because I was going for an ombre effect (one color on my thumb, one on my index finger, etc etc.) and B) I didn't change anything else. I've never had good luck keeping polish on long but I've never had it chip this fast either. Going back to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri that I was using before. I've also had good luck with Seche Vite and Poshe.

You've been warned!

on 4/11/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I haven't used many fast drying top coats, this one has definitely impressed me. I purchased this in Canada at my local Superstore for $9.99+tax. I am not very patient when it comes to applying nail polish. I just cant sit around and wait for it to dry. I was debating on getting Seche Vite or Essies Good to Go. After reading reviews on MUA comparing the two I decided to go with Essie because the Seche Vite sounds like it thickens really quickly in the bottle. This top coat allowed my polish to dry in no time. I often apply 2 coats of polish and then this top coat. I am not the neatest at applying polish and may leave minor streaks, however after I apply this top coat the streaks are not as noticeable and it leaves a beautiful shine. Wonderful product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the best top coat I have tried. Lasts for a week, does not chip, amazing!
I was using Sache Vitta because it gives that nice gloss, however it was very thick and it changed the color of my nail polish. Essie is way better, love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! dries insanely fast and is shinier than Seche Vite (in my opinion...) I am a licensed cosmetologist so I have access to beauty supply shops that are extremely discounted for professionals only, so I can buy this for $4.00 which can't be beat. I used to swear by Seche Vite (which I still love and use) but this doesn't stink as much and I swear it dries with better shine. I wish it came in a gallon size haha since I paint my nails different every day (I have a SERIOUS nail polish addiction) I always suggest this to friends, family, and clients to use... its amazing!

The best top coat ever!! Does what it says. It makes your nail polish dry faster, plus it adds a gorgeous shine to it. Will continue to purchase.

on 7/26/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful item that dries polish quick but gives a very professional looking finish. It makes my polish job look better than it actually is. It is also a very durable finish. I like that it is easy to find at Target or drug stores. If traveling it is easy to find anywhere. This is HG for me.