Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Great quick drying top coat! Get solid dry very quickly. The brush is wide and the top coat applies evenly and thick. The texture is silky smooth. So it doesn't disturb the polish underneath. Impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Best drying top coat I ever tried. (I tried Opi Rapidry topcoat and drops, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen diamond drying top coat).
It can dry several layers of reluctantly drying polish. It leaves a fantastic shine and evens out the surface for example of my ILNP flakies. (Which the seche vite didnt do as well)

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this top coat in the summer but put off using it after the first few times of trying it as it was quite a bit slower to dry than Seche Vite or InstaDri. However as I started to really hate InstaDri's cracking issues on my nails and Seche Vite's shrinking, I lowered my standards and gave this top coat another shot and I ended up liking it a lot better. I feel like the shine is definitely here with this top coat, and I didn't get any shrinking, bubbling, or cracking. The wear time is also alright with this top coat, some polishes just didn't agree with this top coat, namely glitters, and chipped pretty quickly but it was mainly okay. The brush in this top coat is also thicker than Essie's normal polish brush, which is something I really appreciate as I hate Essie's regular brush and this brush makes the polish a lot easier to apply smoothly. The formula is also a decent consistency, on the thicker side, and it doesn't smudge nail art because of it.

The problem starts now, about four-five months after I started using it weekly. It's starting to shrink my polish really badly and I still have just a bit less than half a bottle left. For the nine dollars I paid, I don't want to stop using this when I still have half a bottle and it's leaving me disappointed. The formula itself is still pretty good, it's only thickened up a bit so the fact that it's shrinking my polish this badly is sad. Based on its performance from the first half I would probably give it a 4.5 but now it sits at a solid 3 for me.

on 11/21/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Better than Seche Vite. I love that stuff but the goopy stuff at the end of the bottle drives me insane. Thinner doesn't even help after so long. Also it tends to shrink and do other things I hate. Essie doesn't do anything of those things. It's also cheaper and it looks great.

Only real difference between the two? Shine. It all comes down to Seche's shine factor. Essie can't quite get there in how shiny Seche is, but I don't care much because I would rather deal with no goopy bottle I have to toss because it can't be saved and not have manicures ruined by shrinkage.

on 10/31/2014 11:09:00 PM

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
- hasn't become as gloopy, easier to apply and applies thinner
- brush is more accurate
- less peeling

Similar:
- high shine
- smooths out nail surface and a few mishaps during polish application

Popular Top/Base Coats