Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

on 4/9/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pros:
- doesn't destroy my nails.
- works fine for a quick clear coat on days where i'm too in a hurry to do anything.
- does appear to actually dry quickly, though slower than sally hansen's insta-dry and seche vite.
- hasn't murdered any of my family yet.

cons:
- i can ruin my own manicures for free, i don't need to spend $10 to do it.
- only slightly shinier than most polish without a topcoat.

made the mistake of banking on essie's reputation when the store was out of my usual topcoat and i needed something quick and reliable for a no-warning funeral. did my nails at 9 PM (opi's "passion" so we aren't talking cheap throwaway polish here) and by 7 the next morning they were already chipped and peeling. didn't have time to redo it before the service so i had to strip the whole thing and throw a clear coat on (which also chipped and peeled by the afternoon, but at least it's a quick touch-up).

since then i've tried to give it a fair and equal shot--maybe it was a fluke! maybe it just didn't like that polish!--and after 1/5 of the bottle and countless tries, i've yet to have a single successful, lasting manicure with it. every single one chips and flakes in under 24 hours, but usually in under 12. i've had dollar store offbrand top coats with better staying power than this $10 bottle of clear liquid sorrow.

on 5/25/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite top coat. I've tried quite a few including Seche Vite and Sally Hansen Insta-dry, and this is by far my favorite. It dries quickly and smoothly with an awesome shine. It also does not shrink which I have experienced with Seche Vite. The only problem I have had is that once you get about half way through the bottle it does thicken considerably, but it's nothing some thinner can't handle. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! dries insanely fast and is shinier than Seche Vite (in my opinion...) I am a licensed cosmetologist so I have access to beauty supply shops that are extremely discounted for professionals only, so I can buy this for $4.00 which can't be beat. I used to swear by Seche Vite (which I still love and use) but this doesn't stink as much and I swear it dries with better shine. I wish it came in a gallon size haha since I paint my nails different every day (I have a SERIOUS nail polish addiction) I always suggest this to friends, family, and clients to use... its amazing!

on 9/24/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really loving this product. I received this as a freebie with an Essie Color Cube and honestly forgot about it until recently. Thus far, I love this product. It applies nicely, not to thick and not too runny, and dries super fast!! I'm thinking this may be my new HG topcoat.

on 1/2/2013 11:43:00 PM

I bought this coat after reading great reviews about it. What really impressed me was that "this was the fastest drying top coat" available. So I thought at $8 its not a bad price to give it a try, which I did! I think it works great with Essie nail polishes. But with others, it doesn't work that well. For instance, it didn't dry my Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish in over 6 hours, the tips of my nails were smudged after I woke up the next day! Since I don't own a lot of Essie nail polishes, its a trial and error to figure out which nail polish it works best with. I'll use this entire bottle, but probably won't buy another one. I didn't have any issues with shrinkage thankfully, unlike Seche Vite.
UPDATE ->> After using this for a few weeks, I don't think it works as well because it smudges the Essie nail polishes as well. I don't think that its a fast drying top coat. I was very careful to not smudge my nails or pick up anything too heavy for nearly 3-4 hours and still, my nail polish peeled off in sheets the next day I woke up. You think its dry, but that's only the top coat. The other coats underneath are still wet, so I don't think its a great product. I think I'll try Seche Vite next time.

on 10/18/2012 12:50:00 PM

This is a great fast dry top coat. I used to be a seche vite only because I was told it was the best when I was still working as a nail tech. I eventually got tired of the goopieness, shrinkage, and the peeling off in chunks thing which happened to seche vite especially when using OPI nail polish so I switched to good 2 go. The consistency is good, but I've been working with a lot of nail polishes with different conditions so that really doesn't bother me. The drying time is descent as it tries to touch in about a minute or so and you can pretty much go on with your life with your newly painted nails in about 10 to 15 minutes. Although the drying time is greatly influenced by how thick you apply the polish, it usually takes about a few hours to even overnight to get the polish to be really cured before you can really bang it into something. Dried and cured are two different things. Most people gets chips within a day is actually because they started doing heavy works with their nails not fully cured, and once the chip start, it won't end. About the shine, this top coat has tons of it. The shine dulls eventually with every hand task even every touch and that's just how it is with every other top coat. Reapplying top coat every other day create a risk of the edges around the cuticle lifting and that happens to this one too. I only do that when I want my manicure to look fresh instantly but really don't have the time. As for the staying power, I can't be much of a help because I pretty much change my nail color once every 3 to 4 days. This one also shrink less and works well with all my nail polish so far(don't make them get peeled off in sheets). Bottom line, I like it and will keep using it.

on 9/15/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This top coat combined with CND Stickey Base Coat is phenomenal for me! This combo has greatly extended the life of my manicures. I had been using Seche Vite before, which has the most beautiful shine, but I couldn't take the peeling polish that came along with it. So I played around with a few different top coats and base coat combos. I stopped looking when I found this!

I hope this works great for you too! :)

I like most do-it-yourself manicurist have problems with waiting for my nails to completely dry. So i was in the hunt for ANYTHING i could use to help speed up the drying process. I went and picked this up at my local Ulta and have used it about 5 times since. I can say it give me a perfect manicure look. smooths out the nail polish and gives this a high gloss finish. Dries to the touch faster than any other top coat but i would recomment waiting to do anything another 5 min after they are dry to the touch. JUST TO BE SURE! i can tell it helps with the chipping from the sides but maybe because i am on a computer all day the tips of my nails start to fade away after a day or so. I will def be rebuying this product!

on 1/31/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I switched to this top coat after getting fed up with seche vite's goopy annoying formula. this top coat is the opposite. it's super thin and very easy to spread over the nail. it dries fast like it says it does. it gets 4 stars instead of 5 because the super thin consistency sometimes leaves too thin of a layer and the nails aren't very shiny.