Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 9/14/2017 10:00:00 AM

Fantastic top coat. It looks like you've had a really nice and expensive gel manicure. However, I prefer the all-in-one base/topcoat of the same brand because it ends up being less expensive and, since I don't do my nails that often, I am able to finish it before if starts getting goopy and hard to spread (which was not the case when I had a separate base and topcoat).

I honestly don't feel like this makes my nail polish last longer, and it doesn't make it more shiny at all, so I guess there no point of it being a top coat. Although, it does dry quickly.

on 6/12/2017 4:06:00 AM

This is an okay fast-dry top coat, but it's far from the best. It's a little streaky and draggy. Not horrible, but it's not great either. And at $9 a bottle it's a little expensive too.

INM's Out the Door is so much better (and cheaper too). I wouldn't buy this one again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Best drying top coat I ever tried. (I tried Opi Rapidry topcoat and drops, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen diamond drying top coat).
It can dry several layers of reluctantly drying polish. It leaves a fantastic shine and evens out the surface for example of my ILNP flakies. (Which the seche vite didnt do as well)

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I like to use it when I do nail stamping, and I am applying lots of different coats. It works super well - I ended up giving a bottle to my mom who tried it while visiting me, and also fell in love with it.

I use is mostly with other essie products, but I also have a few Sally Hansen, Nars and Dior polishes as well, and it has worked with all of them.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this top coat in the summer but put off using it after the first few times of trying it as it was quite a bit slower to dry than Seche Vite or InstaDri. However as I started to really hate InstaDri's cracking issues on my nails and Seche Vite's shrinking, I lowered my standards and gave this top coat another shot and I ended up liking it a lot better. I feel like the shine is definitely here with this top coat, and I didn't get any shrinking, bubbling, or cracking. The wear time is also alright with this top coat, some polishes just didn't agree with this top coat, namely glitters, and chipped pretty quickly but it was mainly okay. The brush in this top coat is also thicker than Essie's normal polish brush, which is something I really appreciate as I hate Essie's regular brush and this brush makes the polish a lot easier to apply smoothly. The formula is also a decent consistency, on the thicker side, and it doesn't smudge nail art because of it.

The problem starts now, about four-five months after I started using it weekly. It's starting to shrink my polish really badly and I still have just a bit less than half a bottle left. For the nine dollars I paid, I don't want to stop using this when I still have half a bottle and it's leaving me disappointed. The formula itself is still pretty good, it's only thickened up a bit so the fact that it's shrinking my polish this badly is sad. Based on its performance from the first half I would probably give it a 4.5 but now it sits at a solid 3 for me.