Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Other
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 12/23/2015 7:50:00 AM

This was my first quick dry topcoat purchase. Apparently the quick dry topcoats start to turn goopy before you can get to the end of the bottle. I see this as a waste of product and money but I will still repurchase. I have 1/3 left in my original bottle and it is useless now. It's too thick to work with and will ruin my manicures. On the positive side, my manicures last 4-5 days without major chipping. I just bought and used a new bottle and already my manicure looks better than when I was towards the end of the bottle. I don't have the time to wait hours for my nail polish to dry so this works for now. I have had no issues on compatibility with different brands of polish, including Zoya and other 3 free or more nail polishes.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is good as long as it lasts.

I am SO disappointed in this. When you first get it, it's amazing. It does dry very quickly, amazing shine, easy to apply, not too thick at all which i hate when topcats are and it does not create bubbles which is one of my biggest issues with nail polish.....

BUT!! I only had this for about A MONTH before it became thick, goopy, unmanageable and even like 10-12 (!) drops of OPI's nail polish thinner couldn't do the job very good. It did make it a little more thin, but it was still thick and just stressful to work with! Also, i am half way through the bottle in only a month as well. I am NOT satisfied with that.

For the longevity of this, the price is absolutely ridiculous. Paying so much for a topcoat i can only use in about a month is excuse me, shitty as hell.

I will repurchase because I do not have anything in mind to switch it out with now and I am pleased with how it works when i first get it - but I am still very disappointed and I am sad that i have to spend so much money on a topcoat you can't even finish before it gets almost impossible to work with - better luck next time, Essie! Boooo!

on 8/5/2014 11:21:00 AM

Pros: I put this on right after I am done my second coat, and it dries the polish almost immediately. Very quick to dry. Very shiny, and it feels light.

However, as a top coat this is a bad product. My nails chip within hours of applying it. Some even peel right off without me doing anything with it. I will NOT buy this product again, because while it helps dry my nails, it doesn't protect from chipping.

on 5/13/2014 1:49:00 AM

Best top coat ever!!!!! I can't believe I never discovered this stuff before. It dries ultra fast and leaves your nails looking super shiny and gorgeous. I always get compliments when I use it - people always ask if I had my nails done professionally or if they're gels. Nope, Essie Good-to-go is my little secret! It is definitely worth it to pay and extra few bucks for this stuff. I've tried many other top coats and they either take forever to dry, require multiple coats, or don't give a great shine. Nothing beats this one. I absolutely love it!!

on 3/25/2014 6:50:00 PM

Does it get any better than this? I never wanted to paint my nails because no matter how long I waited, I'd wake up and have dents and bubbles in my nail polish so I just got sick of wasting my time. I found this product and it's life changing. I paint my nails, 2 minutes later they're hard as a rock. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I will be purchasing this FOREVER and never looking back!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite top coat of all time!! Dries super fast & the shine it gives you is amazing! My only problem with this top coat is that half way thru the bottle it gets very thick, which makes it very hard to use & makes the shrinkages 10x's worse!

It's been said over and over, but let me echo the praise. This top coat goes on easily, dries to the touch in less than 5 minutes, and leaves an amazing high gloss sheen. It also covers up and smoothes out minor imperfections in polish application, especially with shimmery colours that tend to show brush strokes. Finally, there is no shrinkage and no peeling (I'm looking at you, Seche Vite). This is HG for me.

on 12/17/2011 12:43:00 PM

This is a nice topcoat, but it does NOT dry nearly as fast as Poshe or Seche Vite. In fact, it dries only a little faster than my non-fast-dry top coats =/

on 2/9/2010 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This stuff was great until about halfway through the bottle...it is drying out on me and I've only had it a couple of months. And I am METICULOUS with my nail products (don't keep the brush out long, close tightly, etc.). For the $10 I spent, I expect to be able to use the whole bottle!

on 2/9/2010 8:08:00 AM

This is a great top coat. It dries quickly as promised and it has excellent shine. I caught my bottle for free with Ulta was offering it with the purchase of two colors. That being said, I will purchase it myself once my original bottle empties. I believe it retails for around 8 dollars and blows any of the other top coats I've tried out of the water. The only reasons I didn't give it a perfect score is the heavy smell when applying and I would like to have a larger brush. When all is said and done it dries quickly and has a great shine.