Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 12/23/2015 7:50:00 AM

This was my first quick dry topcoat purchase. Apparently the quick dry topcoats start to turn goopy before you can get to the end of the bottle. I see this as a waste of product and money but I will still repurchase. I have 1/3 left in my original bottle and it is useless now. It's too thick to work with and will ruin my manicures. On the positive side, my manicures last 4-5 days without major chipping. I just bought and used a new bottle and already my manicure looks better than when I was towards the end of the bottle. I don't have the time to wait hours for my nail polish to dry so this works for now. I have had no issues on compatibility with different brands of polish, including Zoya and other 3 free or more nail polishes.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is good as long as it lasts.

I am SO disappointed in this. When you first get it, it's amazing. It does dry very quickly, amazing shine, easy to apply, not too thick at all which i hate when topcats are and it does not create bubbles which is one of my biggest issues with nail polish.....

BUT!! I only had this for about A MONTH before it became thick, goopy, unmanageable and even like 10-12 (!) drops of OPI's nail polish thinner couldn't do the job very good. It did make it a little more thin, but it was still thick and just stressful to work with! Also, i am half way through the bottle in only a month as well. I am NOT satisfied with that.

For the longevity of this, the price is absolutely ridiculous. Paying so much for a topcoat i can only use in about a month is excuse me, shitty as hell.

I will repurchase because I do not have anything in mind to switch it out with now and I am pleased with how it works when i first get it - but I am still very disappointed and I am sad that i have to spend so much money on a topcoat you can't even finish before it gets almost impossible to work with - better luck next time, Essie! Boooo!

on 8/5/2014 11:21:00 AM

Pros: I put this on right after I am done my second coat, and it dries the polish almost immediately. Very quick to dry. Very shiny, and it feels light.

However, as a top coat this is a bad product. My nails chip within hours of applying it. Some even peel right off without me doing anything with it. I will NOT buy this product again, because while it helps dry my nails, it doesn't protect from chipping.

on 5/13/2014 1:49:00 AM

Best top coat ever!!!!! I can't believe I never discovered this stuff before. It dries ultra fast and leaves your nails looking super shiny and gorgeous. I always get compliments when I use it - people always ask if I had my nails done professionally or if they're gels. Nope, Essie Good-to-go is my little secret! It is definitely worth it to pay and extra few bucks for this stuff. I've tried many other top coats and they either take forever to dry, require multiple coats, or don't give a great shine. Nothing beats this one. I absolutely love it!!

on 3/25/2014 6:50:00 PM

Does it get any better than this? I never wanted to paint my nails because no matter how long I waited, I'd wake up and have dents and bubbles in my nail polish so I just got sick of wasting my time. I found this product and it's life changing. I paint my nails, 2 minutes later they're hard as a rock. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I will be purchasing this FOREVER and never looking back!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best Top Coat on the market. A lot of people rave about Seche Vite (despite of its warning labels), but I believe this top coat does not get enough credit. It dries quickly, adds extra shine and clears up any imperfections on the nail. This is my HG!!!!!!!!! I am already on my second bottle!

It's been said over and over, but let me echo the praise. This top coat goes on easily, dries to the touch in less than 5 minutes, and leaves an amazing high gloss sheen. It also covers up and smoothes out minor imperfections in polish application, especially with shimmery colours that tend to show brush strokes. Finally, there is no shrinkage and no peeling (I'm looking at you, Seche Vite). This is HG for me.

on 10/20/2010 11:15:00 PM

The best top coat I ever use, once you use this, you will toss all other top coat away. It really help your nail color to dry much quicker than normal. Once you put it on you are pretty much good to go. One tiny glitch about this item is that if you are more than half way down the bottle, it will get slightly thick and will soon be too thick so you might not be able to finish the whole bottle. I guess you could fix it by adding few drops of those solvent that they use to add to dry nail polish to make it liquid again. Personally this doesn't bother me at all and its normal as well, it dries up just like how nail polish would be. I will be constantly purchasing this, my HG top coat.

on 2/9/2010 8:08:00 AM

This is a great top coat. It dries quickly as promised and it has excellent shine. I caught my bottle for free with Ulta was offering it with the purchase of two colors. That being said, I will purchase it myself once my original bottle empties. I believe it retails for around 8 dollars and blows any of the other top coats I've tried out of the water. The only reasons I didn't give it a perfect score is the heavy smell when applying and I would like to have a larger brush. When all is said and done it dries quickly and has a great shine.

on 12/13/2008 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've bought like.. four of these. I ran out and used Sally Hansen's instead because it got good reviews and while it is fast it's nowhere near this. Some other reviews say it's not that fast but it's definitely the fastest I've ever used. I'm insanely accident prone and bump into everything and it keeps my polish intact right away. Much easier to use and less goopy than Seche Vite and it tries faster than SV too (imo anyway.) This is hands down my favourite top coat and the only one I use (until I run out, anyway. I'm not very good at planning ahead.)