Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best Top Coat on the market. A lot of people rave about Seche Vite (despite of its warning labels), but I believe this top coat does not get enough credit. It dries quickly, adds extra shine and clears up any imperfections on the nail. This is my HG!!!!!!!!! I am already on my second bottle!

on 4/8/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after seeing so many great things said about seche vite, that while at walgreens one day I seen this and thought maybe this would be just as good. Before reading all the rave reviews about seich vite and I never really considere they made top coats that could have any real effect on drying time. I figuered there where some good tops coats to make them chip less but I usually dont paint my fingernails and my toe nails seem to stay on pretty good, long enough that I'm ready to change colors before it starts. But this is awesome and I also ended up with seche vite too, after this worked so well, I thought could the seice vite be even better? Not really just did a test, seem pretty even if anything by a couple seconds. I wanna say the seiche vite was cheaper too. But I def recommend. My 7 yr old has never been able to make it through a nail drying time with totally screwing her nails up...well she did with this and a week later its still there. I clean so I assume is why my manicure doesnt stay as long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this top coat! Before purchasing this I was using a Revlon top coat and it was absolutely horrible. Check out my review on it. But after using Essie, my nails are beautiful, shiny, and smooth. It's a bit pricey (like most things from Essie) but it's my new favourite. One of my friends even asked me if I had gotten Shellac put on at the salon! So impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow! it doesn't get any better than this. Shiny glass effect and dries the polish in minutes..i literally banged my hand (accidentally) against the table just after applying it and my polish didn't bulge. Of course I'm going to wait at least 20 minutes before doing anything, but after just a couple it already feels dry

on 10/25/2008 2:06:00 PM

I love this product. it drys super fast and colors wont chip for at least a week.. super shinny too

on 2/22/2008 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Essie seems to wear better for me than any other brand, and Good to Go is no exception. It dries nail lacquer quickly and gives it a glossy finish. It's just as shiny as Seche Vite and Poshe, but my manicures last longer with Good to Go than with the aforementioned. I will continue to repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

on 7/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

no top coat is perfect, but this is pretty damn close!

PROS:
-high gloss!
-reduces chipping (average 5 days of perfect manicure)
-evens out nail polish mistakes & poor application
-ideal consistency, thick but not too thick
-easy application (can apply imperfectly and it even itself out)
-reasonably fast-drying (5 minutes and i use my hands for basic things)
-no harmful chemicals

CONS:
-polish & top coat can come off in 1 nail-shaped block when manicure is stale

NOTE: despite using a lot of this top coat with every manicure, the product doesn't get used up quickly. i don't understand the physics of that, but works for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very effective top coat. It helps to dry the polish while protecting from chips. It leaves a nice glossy finish to any manicure. However, since Essie was bought out by L'oreal I won't be repurchasing due to animal testing policy.

Popular Top/Base Coats