Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

While living in Toronto, I used Essie To Dry For topcoat and was very happy with both the quick-drying powers and the longevity of my manicures. This is the closest product I could find here in Dallas, and it just doesn't deliver the same results - my polish frequently smudges even hours after application, and it seems to cause shrinkage as well. Furthermore, my manicures don't last any longer than they would with any cheap topcoat. Alas, back on the hunt for a great topcoat.

on 10/18/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOULDN'T REBUY!
I did a review of it a few months ago but now i kind of
changed my mind and i really tested it INTENSE !!
I used nearly the hole bottle now.
I really liked it it made my polish stay forever and made it really shine & it dried really fast ...BUT after you used 1/3 of your bottle it gets super sticky and superthick !You can't use it ANYMORE! caus' if you do you get a thick layer above your polish and it dries FOREVER.
I tried to use nailpolishthinner to get itr back to normal but i didn't work out .
It was a nice topcoat for a few months but now it's horrible ! So i wouldn't repurchase!! I don't want to waste THAT much product! I thought this is my HG-Topcoat but as it turned out it's not....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm conflicted about this top coat...because while yes, I would buy this again, I'm not sure I really like it all that much. The first 1/2 of the bottle worked out really great. But this last half has been absolutely horrible. I'm not sure if it's the air that has now gotten into it, but it now has a very thick gooey consistency, and my nails chip faster than ever. Also, because it's so thick now, my nails turn bubbly and uneven. So I will still use it for a quick fix if I need to do my nails really fast, but otherwise, I will be using a regular topcoat. But again, this was only after I used half the bottle...so maybe adding some kind of thinner will help?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

on 7/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

no top coat is perfect, but this is pretty damn close!

PROS:
-high gloss!
-reduces chipping (average 5 days of perfect manicure)
-evens out nail polish mistakes & poor application
-ideal consistency, thick but not too thick
-easy application (can apply imperfectly and it even itself out)
-reasonably fast-drying (5 minutes and i use my hands for basic things)
-no harmful chemicals

CONS:
-polish & top coat can come off in 1 nail-shaped block when manicure is stale

NOTE: despite using a lot of this top coat with every manicure, the product doesn't get used up quickly. i don't understand the physics of that, but works for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very effective top coat. It helps to dry the polish while protecting from chips. It leaves a nice glossy finish to any manicure. However, since Essie was bought out by L'oreal I won't be repurchasing due to animal testing policy.

on 3/19/2012 2:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It definitely dries nail polish more quickly than without, and remains glossy once dry. My only complaint is that it tends to get goopy in the bottle even though I always close the lid very tightly. It was recommended to me to mix in some nail polish remover with it, but it clouded the polish.

I just started using this polish and it is fantastic! The main reason I deducted a lippie is that it does not prevent chipping at all!

The shine factor is outstanding. My nails look freshly painted for days.

I haven't gotten through a bottle yet, so I can't comment on the product-thickening problem. I think I would be willing to repurchase more often anyway, since my nails have never looked so good for so long.

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

Popular Top/Base Coats