Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 8/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this top coat, it's better than most fast drying top coats I've tried. Goes on easy, no streaks or lumps. Dries fast. Leaves a nice shine to my nails and possibly making them stronger, not sure yet but they are chipping last often. Rarely happens.

Great quick drying top coat! Get solid dry very quickly. The brush is wide and the top coat applies evenly and thick. The texture is silky smooth. So it doesn't disturb the polish underneath. Impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

on 9/14/2017 10:00:00 AM

Fantastic top coat. It looks like you've had a really nice and expensive gel manicure. However, I prefer the all-in-one base/topcoat of the same brand because it ends up being less expensive and, since I don't do my nails that often, I am able to finish it before if starts getting goopy and hard to spread (which was not the case when I had a separate base and topcoat).

This is my new favourite topcoat. I bought this after breaking my bottle of OPI Rapidry, and while I really enjoyed that - I think I prefer this one just a bit. It is very quick drying, which I love, but doesn't cause any shrinkage. It also dries down to a high shine finish, a fact which I am happy about as I like a super glossy finish from my top coat. The shiny finish is gorgeous, and people often ask if my polish is Shellac or gel when I wear this, even though I am just wearing one coat of it over normal polish. It reacts well to all my polishes, I have no issues with shrinkage, slow drying time or chipping. I actually feel like this top coat does make my manis feel stronger, harder and more resilient to wear and tear. I usually get around 5 days wear from a mani when I use this top coat. This is a little pricey, but cheaper than OPI's version, so I will continue to use it and definitely repurchase. Good To Go is safely my holy grail top coat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

I honestly don't feel like this makes my nail polish last longer, and it doesn't make it more shiny at all, so I guess there no point of it being a top coat. Although, it does dry quickly.

on 6/12/2017 4:06:00 AM

This is an okay fast-dry top coat, but it's far from the best. It's a little streaky and draggy. Not horrible, but it's not great either. And at $9 a bottle it's a little expensive too.

INM's Out the Door is so much better (and cheaper too). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best topcoat ever. I'll neva buy another. makes your polish dry super quick. leaves your mani shiny and smooth. doesnt crack or chip at all. love this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.