Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Best drying top coat I ever tried. (I tried Opi Rapidry topcoat and drops, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen diamond drying top coat).
It can dry several layers of reluctantly drying polish. It leaves a fantastic shine and evens out the surface for example of my ILNP flakies. (Which the seche vite didnt do as well)

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

on 12/23/2015 7:50:00 AM

This was my first quick dry topcoat purchase. Apparently the quick dry topcoats start to turn goopy before you can get to the end of the bottle. I see this as a waste of product and money but I will still repurchase. I have 1/3 left in my original bottle and it is useless now. It's too thick to work with and will ruin my manicures. On the positive side, my manicures last 4-5 days without major chipping. I just bought and used a new bottle and already my manicure looks better than when I was towards the end of the bottle. I don't have the time to wait hours for my nail polish to dry so this works for now. I have had no issues on compatibility with different brands of polish, including Zoya and other 3 free or more nail polishes.

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

on 7/22/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Essie products, they're pigmented and smooth and dry fairly quickly but not really quickly. I got this topcoat after seeing it being used by every nail blogger, friend, family member, basically anyone who painted nails used this stuff. On a whim at Wal-Mart I picked it up for close to $10 CAD. When I got home I used it and it was O.K. It dried quickly and didnt really smear too much. The next day, I knew I made a mistake. My entire nail full of polish peeled clean off... I took a shower and after the shower they all popped right off. It's really thin and watery in the bottle and applies as so on the nails.

10/10 would NEVER repurchase. I'd rather get NYC or Wet-N-Wild and atleast save a few bucks for the same quality.