Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

I honestly don't feel like this makes my nail polish last longer, and it doesn't make it more shiny at all, so I guess there no point of it being a top coat. Although, it does dry quickly.

on 6/12/2017 4:06:00 AM

This is an okay fast-dry top coat, but it's far from the best. It's a little streaky and draggy. Not horrible, but it's not great either. And at $9 a bottle it's a little expensive too.

INM's Out the Door is so much better (and cheaper too). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best topcoat ever. I'll neva buy another. makes your polish dry super quick. leaves your mani shiny and smooth. doesnt crack or chip at all. love this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Best drying top coat I ever tried. (I tried Opi Rapidry topcoat and drops, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen diamond drying top coat).
It can dry several layers of reluctantly drying polish. It leaves a fantastic shine and evens out the surface for example of my ILNP flakies. (Which the seche vite didnt do as well)

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!