Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

To Read all 225 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Best drying top coat I ever tried. (I tried Opi Rapidry topcoat and drops, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen diamond drying top coat).
It can dry several layers of reluctantly drying polish. It leaves a fantastic shine and evens out the surface for example of my ILNP flakies. (Which the seche vite didnt do as well)

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

on 12/23/2015 7:50:00 AM

This was my first quick dry topcoat purchase. Apparently the quick dry topcoats start to turn goopy before you can get to the end of the bottle. I see this as a waste of product and money but I will still repurchase. I have 1/3 left in my original bottle and it is useless now. It's too thick to work with and will ruin my manicures. On the positive side, my manicures last 4-5 days without major chipping. I just bought and used a new bottle and already my manicure looks better than when I was towards the end of the bottle. I don't have the time to wait hours for my nail polish to dry so this works for now. I have had no issues on compatibility with different brands of polish, including Zoya and other 3 free or more nail polishes.

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

on 7/22/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Essie products, they're pigmented and smooth and dry fairly quickly but not really quickly. I got this topcoat after seeing it being used by every nail blogger, friend, family member, basically anyone who painted nails used this stuff. On a whim at Wal-Mart I picked it up for close to $10 CAD. When I got home I used it and it was O.K. It dried quickly and didnt really smear too much. The next day, I knew I made a mistake. My entire nail full of polish peeled clean off... I took a shower and after the shower they all popped right off. It's really thin and watery in the bottle and applies as so on the nails.

10/10 would NEVER repurchase. I'd rather get NYC or Wet-N-Wild and atleast save a few bucks for the same quality.

on 4/9/2015 7:18:00 PM

pros:
- doesn't destroy my nails.
- works fine for a quick clear coat on days where i'm too in a hurry to do anything.
- does appear to actually dry quickly, though slower than sally hansen's insta-dry and seche vite.
- hasn't murdered any of my family yet.

cons:
- i can ruin my own manicures for free, i don't need to spend $10 to do it.
- only slightly shinier than most polish without a topcoat.

made the mistake of banking on essie's reputation when the store was out of my usual topcoat and i needed something quick and reliable for a no-warning funeral. did my nails at 9 PM (opi's "passion" so we aren't talking cheap throwaway polish here) and by 7 the next morning they were already chipped and peeling. didn't have time to redo it before the service so i had to strip the whole thing and throw a clear coat on (which also chipped and peeled by the afternoon, but at least it's a quick touch-up).

since then i've tried to give it a fair and equal shot--maybe it was a fluke! maybe it just didn't like that polish!--and after 1/5 of the bottle and countless tries, i've yet to have a single successful, lasting manicure with it. every single one chips and flakes in under 24 hours, but usually in under 12. i've had dollar store offbrand top coats with better staying power than this $10 bottle of clear liquid sorrow.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is good as long as it lasts.

I am SO disappointed in this. When you first get it, it's amazing. It does dry very quickly, amazing shine, easy to apply, not too thick at all which i hate when topcats are and it does not create bubbles which is one of my biggest issues with nail polish.....

BUT!! I only had this for about A MONTH before it became thick, goopy, unmanageable and even like 10-12 (!) drops of OPI's nail polish thinner couldn't do the job very good. It did make it a little more thin, but it was still thick and just stressful to work with! Also, i am half way through the bottle in only a month as well. I am NOT satisfied with that.

For the longevity of this, the price is absolutely ridiculous. Paying so much for a topcoat i can only use in about a month is excuse me, shitty as hell.

I will repurchase because I do not have anything in mind to switch it out with now and I am pleased with how it works when i first get it - but I am still very disappointed and I am sad that i have to spend so much money on a topcoat you can't even finish before it gets almost impossible to work with - better luck next time, Essie! Boooo!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I like to use it when I do nail stamping, and I am applying lots of different coats. It works super well - I ended up giving a bottle to my mom who tried it while visiting me, and also fell in love with it.

I use is mostly with other essie products, but I also have a few Sally Hansen, Nars and Dior polishes as well, and it has worked with all of them.