Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by age: 44-55
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.5

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 11/26/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This topcoat is fantastic and I had to write a review for it. My favorite, quick-drying topcoat for a long time was Poshe, and I used to hoard it like crazy whenever I saw it for a good price. I began to tire of Poshe when I noticed I kept getting shrinkage from the tips of my nail color, and I thought it looked rather stupid. I never had good luck from Seche Vite, because I found it too thick; and it seemed like I would only get one good use out of the bottle before it became intolerably thick. I tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat, which isn't bad, but my nails would always peel after 2 days of use. I finally asked a nail blogger what she used as a topcoat, because I noticed she had no shrinkage every time she posted pictures, and the shine on her nails was always incredible. She led me to KB Shimmer Clearly On Top, which I have been using for the past 2 years pretty successfully. (The price is also better than any of the others I previously mentioned.) But just like Poshe & Seche Vite, I noticed that the KB Shimmer topcoat also gets thick halfway down the bottle, and I usually have to discard it when the bottles are only half empty. I decided to try Essie's Good to Go, because I noticed it was what they use at the nail salon when I get pedicures, and my toenails always remain shiny and unchipped- even after a day at the beach. Well, I am glad I decided to give this a try, because it has been amazing. It dries quickly, the formula is not gloppy and thick, and the shine it leaves on my nails is incredible! I use this Essie topcoat to touch up in-between manicures, and it helps to keep my manicure looking fresh and alive better than any other topcoat I have ever used! Also, it does not peel after a few days like most other topcoats I have tried. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 6/2/2016 4:02:00 PM

I love this top coat! Very quick drying and long lasting. Used to swear by OPI, and still prefer their base coat and polishes, but Good to Go is FAR superior to their top coat. I've almost used a whole bottle and have already repurchased, as I saw it on sale.

on 12/8/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've used Poshe, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen (in the red bottle) and Dazzle Dry, (great product, but difficult to find and thickens too quickly, although you can order a thinner for it) among many others, but this one is my favorite. It gives me more shine than SH, it dries far quicker than Poshe or SV, it's easy to find and it thickens more slowly than all the others (except SH, but that added no shine). I can't seem to find it at Walgreens or CVS anymore, but the local beauty supply store carries it. I'm on my second bottle and will repurchase.

Edit:

This used to come in a bottle with beige lettering. The new bottle has green lettering and it has been reformulated. Now my nails have awful sheet marks on them which NEVER happened in all the years I used the old formula. I have to find another top coat.

on 7/26/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful item that dries polish quick but gives a very professional looking finish. It makes my polish job look better than it actually is. It is also a very durable finish. I like that it is easy to find at Target or drug stores. If traveling it is easy to find anywhere. This is HG for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

I used to use Seche Vite before a friend told me about this topcoat. I think it's much better than Seche Vite, as that used to peel off a couple of days after I gave myself a manicure. This product is much more long lasting, and if you paint it UNDER the tips of your nails as well as on the top, it will greatly increase the time between manicures and will help to prevent peeling. The only thing that I don't like about Essie products is the fact that the top is hard to remove. If if were rubberized, like Orly, for example, it would make it much easier to open and to grip. Other than the packaging, the product itself is very good. It dries quickly, imparts a lovely, long lasting shine, and I am very happy with it. But beware......the packaging is very similar to "To Dry For", and that is without a doubt, the WORST topcoat I've ever tried. Love the "Good to Go", though.

I agree with the other reviewers. It dries fast, goes on smooth and I have no chipping after ten days. Could be a little shinier, though, but it's a worthwhile tradeoff for the great wear!!