Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by age: 36-43
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

3.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start with a disclaimer that none of Essie products ever worked for me. When I think of it I wonder why do I still keep trying more and more things from the brand.
Essie Good to Go dries slower than a Seche Vite, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the hands and about 40-50 minutes for the feet before I can put the shoes on. I'd be okay with that, but it makes any nail polish chip within 24 hours, sometimes with the parts of my nails. It seems to me that fair name for the product must be 'Good to Go and destroy your nails'.
Butter London, OPI, Gosh and Deborah Lippmann polishes are all chipped within 24 hours, even my toes that usually never chip had to be redone in a week. This top coat shrinks and peels off the tips of my nails within hours, capping the nail doesn't help. Strong adhesion of the polish to a base or the nail doesn't help either, I can have a big chunk of top coat with a smaller part of the polish and even a little part of the nail hanging all together and trying to separate from the rest. This top coat with its strong desire to shrink and peel off thas ruined my nails!
Disastrous product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dries fast with a lovely shine as promised! I like using this with my Essie and Zoya polishes which don't like Seche Vite, although it works with any brand. Bottle doesn't go gloopy half-way like Seche Vite. Lovely shine that lasts 2 - 3 days depending on if I am doing rough work. This is good for me as most top coats stay shiny for only 1 - 2 days before going dull.

It does extend wear and protects my manicure for longer. Just remember to "wrap the tips" and it lasts. Around day 3 if my manicure is holding up I usually add another coat of Good to Go to refresh the shine. This technique usually gets me 5 days from my manicure. I like most Speed Dry Top coats but this is my favorite.

on 6/12/2017 4:06:00 AM

This is an okay fast-dry top coat, but it's far from the best. It's a little streaky and draggy. Not horrible, but it's not great either. And at $9 a bottle it's a little expensive too.

INM's Out the Door is so much better (and cheaper too). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 11/21/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Better than Seche Vite. I love that stuff but the goopy stuff at the end of the bottle drives me insane. Thinner doesn't even help after so long. Also it tends to shrink and do other things I hate. Essie doesn't do anything of those things. It's also cheaper and it looks great.

Only real difference between the two? Shine. It all comes down to Seche's shine factor. Essie can't quite get there in how shiny Seche is, but I don't care much because I would rather deal with no goopy bottle I have to toss because it can't be saved and not have manicures ruined by shrinkage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic topcoat. It really does dry the polish very quickly, but I still find the polish to be very durable. It is super easy to find, and the price is pretty reasonable. I have lucked in a couple of times and stumbled across a bottle at Winners. Yay!

The only thing I don't like is the brush. I love Essie, great colours and durable polishes. But, the brush!! Seriously, if they changed to a wider brush, I think I would give up on all another polishes and topcoats.

on 11/29/2013 10:04:00 AM

I have just used this product once but will update my review if things change. This top coat is very nice! It really does dry the polish much more quickly than my previous Sally Hansen "no chips", although I am still careful with my nails. This is fairly thin in consistency, which I like. It gives amazing shine which lasts much better than the SH in my opinion. I used "first base" base coat, 3 coats of "very cranberry" and topped up with this. I have only got some tip wear but no major chipping in 3 days – and I have to say for me that is an improvement. Normally my nail polish chips the next day. Those of you luckier than me may have even better results. I did top up once after 2 days as the gloss faded a little bit (though it was not too bad). So yes, I would absolutely buy this product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I painted G2G on my nails then walked back to my bathroom. I hesitated before diving into my makeup bag, thinking, "There is no way this stuff is dry in under a minute". I gently tapped a finger against my nail and it was STONE HARD DRY!! Unlike those oils that claim to "dry" nails quickly (spray PAM cooking spray on your nails? Really??). My only question is, why cant ALL nail polishes dry this fast??

on 3/16/2013 6:27:00 PM

It does dry fast, but did nothing to prevent chipping. Think I'll save it for pedicures.

on 1/16/2013 4:42:00 PM

Good to Go is my top coat of choice. it dries in minutes and gives polish a beautiful glossy super high shine finish. I'm good to go for a week! And unlike seche vite the smell is not that strong / unpleasant and it can be restored with a regular polish thinner when it starts to thicken which means it can be used up to the very last drop!

Awful! Essie Good-To-Go made my nail polish peel off in full "sheets" within a few hours. I tried it with two different nail colors just to make sure it wasn't the color. The top coat behaved exactly the same both times. It really DOES dry fast, but it's absolutely not with anything when it can't even last a few hours. At $10+, I will be returning this to my Ulta store.

Popular Top/Base Coats