Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by age: 25-29
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.5

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 9/14/2017 10:00:00 AM

Fantastic top coat. It looks like you've had a really nice and expensive gel manicure. However, I prefer the all-in-one base/topcoat of the same brand because it ends up being less expensive and, since I don't do my nails that often, I am able to finish it before if starts getting goopy and hard to spread (which was not the case when I had a separate base and topcoat).

on 6/10/2016 11:15:00 AM

Awesome!

I have been using the Seche top coat for years and, yes, that stuff is great but I could never get more than halfway down the bottle before it got thick and unusable. Even with the thinner stuff, it didn't help.

So I figured I'd try Essie out based on the reviews here and it's AMAZING. Honestly. I applied my normal base coat, two coats of an Essie nail polish, then this top coat. It dried just as fast as Seche does BUT unlike Seche, it didn't start peeling off after a couple days. No, it in fact left my nail polish perfect for a week.

That is unheardof for me - No chipping for a WEEK of wear. This stuff is seriously amazing and the price is great.

on 4/9/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pros:
- doesn't destroy my nails.
- works fine for a quick clear coat on days where i'm too in a hurry to do anything.
- does appear to actually dry quickly, though slower than sally hansen's insta-dry and seche vite.
- hasn't murdered any of my family yet.

cons:
- i can ruin my own manicures for free, i don't need to spend $10 to do it.
- only slightly shinier than most polish without a topcoat.

made the mistake of banking on essie's reputation when the store was out of my usual topcoat and i needed something quick and reliable for a no-warning funeral. did my nails at 9 PM (opi's "passion" so we aren't talking cheap throwaway polish here) and by 7 the next morning they were already chipped and peeling. didn't have time to redo it before the service so i had to strip the whole thing and throw a clear coat on (which also chipped and peeled by the afternoon, but at least it's a quick touch-up).

since then i've tried to give it a fair and equal shot--maybe it was a fluke! maybe it just didn't like that polish!--and after 1/5 of the bottle and countless tries, i've yet to have a single successful, lasting manicure with it. every single one chips and flakes in under 24 hours, but usually in under 12. i've had dollar store offbrand top coats with better staying power than this $10 bottle of clear liquid sorrow.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I like to use it when I do nail stamping, and I am applying lots of different coats. It works super well - I ended up giving a bottle to my mom who tried it while visiting me, and also fell in love with it.

I use is mostly with other essie products, but I also have a few Sally Hansen, Nars and Dior polishes as well, and it has worked with all of them.

on 8/5/2014 11:21:00 AM

Pros: I put this on right after I am done my second coat, and it dries the polish almost immediately. Very quick to dry. Very shiny, and it feels light.

However, as a top coat this is a bad product. My nails chip within hours of applying it. Some even peel right off without me doing anything with it. I will NOT buy this product again, because while it helps dry my nails, it doesn't protect from chipping.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I would buy Essie Good To Go over and over again, it is that amazing! I have been using this product since September 2013, and it gives any brand of nail polish a salon finish. It also dries the nail polish really quickly so you are left with a smooth and streak free finish. The only downside is that after a few months of using it, it starts to get a bit goopy making it a little hard to apply, to overcome this I just added a few drops of my nail polish remover and it worked perfectly. However, I do think Essie should look into this and improve the longevity of the product.

*Bear in mind that this top coat will shrink the overall coverage of the nail polish so apply the top coat generously. I do my nails once a week and always use this top coat - I am still on my first bottle, so it really lasts a long time. I think it costs about GBP 8.99 in Boots - well worth the money!!!

on 4/11/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I haven't used many fast drying top coats, this one has definitely impressed me. I purchased this in Canada at my local Superstore for $9.99+tax. I am not very patient when it comes to applying nail polish. I just cant sit around and wait for it to dry. I was debating on getting Seche Vite or Essies Good to Go. After reading reviews on MUA comparing the two I decided to go with Essie because the Seche Vite sounds like it thickens really quickly in the bottle. This top coat allowed my polish to dry in no time. I often apply 2 coats of polish and then this top coat. I am not the neatest at applying polish and may leave minor streaks, however after I apply this top coat the streaks are not as noticeable and it leaves a beautiful shine. Wonderful product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/9/2014 11:57:00 PM

Best top coat I have ever tried. I work with animals, so lots of hand washing, etc. Stays chip free for at least 7 straight days. Super shiny and looks great. I'm so excited I found this, exactly what I was looking for. Fast drying/ chip free/ shiny, love it. And easily available at cvs, etc.

on 4/6/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Dries VERY quickly, and lasts just as long as any slow-drying top coat I've tried.

I normally put two coats of this on top of semi-dry nailpolish, it makes a hard layer that protects the polish underneath until it dries completely. I hate waiting around for nailpolish to dry, so this is perfect for me.

on 1/31/2014 8:35:00 PM

Two women I work with always have super shiny, great looking nails - I thought they were gel polished. But it turns out, both of them just swear by this as a topcoat so I had to get it. Though $10 is usually a little steep for me for polish, this is totally worth it!

Dries SUPER fast. Before I would worry about smudging or chipping for an hour or more after painting my nails. This makes my polish dry and set completely within less than 20 minutes - no more having to avoid touching things for hours, which means I'm more likely to paint my nails. :) Goes on very smoothly, not too thin or thick, and no bubbles once dry.

The speed is wonderful and the finish is great too! It's very, very glossy/shiny and does make regular polish look as good as gels. Helps prevent chipping; even with frequent antibacterial washing and typing, makes my polish last at least 4 days.

Definitely recommend this one. It's a must!