Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by age: 19-24
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my new favourite topcoat. I bought this after breaking my bottle of OPI Rapidry, and while I really enjoyed that - I think I prefer this one just a bit. It is very quick drying, which I love, but doesn't cause any shrinkage. It also dries down to a high shine finish, a fact which I am happy about as I like a super glossy finish from my top coat. The shiny finish is gorgeous, and people often ask if my polish is Shellac or gel when I wear this, even though I am just wearing one coat of it over normal polish. It reacts well to all my polishes, I have no issues with shrinkage, slow drying time or chipping. I actually feel like this top coat does make my manis feel stronger, harder and more resilient to wear and tear. I usually get around 5 days wear from a mani when I use this top coat. This is a little pricey, but cheaper than OPI's version, so I will continue to use it and definitely repurchase. Good To Go is safely my holy grail top coat.

I honestly don't feel like this makes my nail polish last longer, and it doesn't make it more shiny at all, so I guess there no point of it being a top coat. Although, it does dry quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I suck at painting my nails. Well, I manage to stay within the lines, and my manicures look fairly clean, but that's all thanks to this particular top coat. I can't ever seem to apply the right amount of polish, often leading to uneven grooves of polish on the nail, and Good to Go effortlessly smooths out all the imperfections, while also imparting a delectable, super-glossy shine. And the manicure is completely dry within a few minutes. Plus, unlike with Seche Vite, I haven't experienced this top coat turning sticky and gloopy over time, rendering it unusable. Mine is still at exactly the same, thin condition as it was the day I bought it. As if all of that didn't sound good enough, this top coat is only $9. If you're still searching for a HG fast-drying top coat, do yourself a favor and pick up Good to Go because it is a game-changer.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

BEST top coat on the market, and the best part is you can buy it at Wal-Mart and target (no Sephora, yay money saving!)

Only need one coat of this, it's super shiny and never streaky. It doesn't get all gunky either, I've been using the same bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened at all..

It dries SUPER QUICK I mean within seconds, it's hard. It definitely makes nail polish last longer and makes it look really shiny. You need this!!

on 1/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

After reading the label on seche vite that said it could cause birth defects, I decided to look for another fast drying top coat. I love this one from Essie. It costs $8 which isn't bad and lasts awhile. I can paint my nails, apply this and be good to go in about 5-10 minutes. Have repurchased in the past and will continue to do so!

on 12/22/2015 5:18:00 AM

This top coat is a very good one in my opinion, and I've already bought it 3 or 4 times. It dries very, very fast and it's super glossy. The only problems I had with it are: 1) it tends to shrink, but this happend to me only a few times, and it's quite hard to notice anyway. 2) it gets really dense when the level is approximately 1/3 of the bottle. But this is very common for fast drying topcoats, and this is probably the best that I've tried, so I would buy it again.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is good as long as it lasts.

I am SO disappointed in this. When you first get it, it's amazing. It does dry very quickly, amazing shine, easy to apply, not too thick at all which i hate when topcats are and it does not create bubbles which is one of my biggest issues with nail polish.....

BUT!! I only had this for about A MONTH before it became thick, goopy, unmanageable and even like 10-12 (!) drops of OPI's nail polish thinner couldn't do the job very good. It did make it a little more thin, but it was still thick and just stressful to work with! Also, i am half way through the bottle in only a month as well. I am NOT satisfied with that.

For the longevity of this, the price is absolutely ridiculous. Paying so much for a topcoat i can only use in about a month is excuse me, shitty as hell.

I will repurchase because I do not have anything in mind to switch it out with now and I am pleased with how it works when i first get it - but I am still very disappointed and I am sad that i have to spend so much money on a topcoat you can't even finish before it gets almost impossible to work with - better luck next time, Essie! Boooo!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this top coat in the summer but put off using it after the first few times of trying it as it was quite a bit slower to dry than Seche Vite or InstaDri. However as I started to really hate InstaDri's cracking issues on my nails and Seche Vite's shrinking, I lowered my standards and gave this top coat another shot and I ended up liking it a lot better. I feel like the shine is definitely here with this top coat, and I didn't get any shrinking, bubbling, or cracking. The wear time is also alright with this top coat, some polishes just didn't agree with this top coat, namely glitters, and chipped pretty quickly but it was mainly okay. The brush in this top coat is also thicker than Essie's normal polish brush, which is something I really appreciate as I hate Essie's regular brush and this brush makes the polish a lot easier to apply smoothly. The formula is also a decent consistency, on the thicker side, and it doesn't smudge nail art because of it.

The problem starts now, about four-five months after I started using it weekly. It's starting to shrink my polish really badly and I still have just a bit less than half a bottle left. For the nine dollars I paid, I don't want to stop using this when I still have half a bottle and it's leaving me disappointed. The formula itself is still pretty good, it's only thickened up a bit so the fact that it's shrinking my polish this badly is sad. Based on its performance from the first half I would probably give it a 4.5 but now it sits at a solid 3 for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not much for doing my nails (in fact, there's a guaranteed smudge every time) and this fixes it and dries it quickly so I can't mess it up again! Seriously idiot-proof. Wish I could post pictures.. I don't know if it's the best, but it's by far the closest I've found!

on 7/6/2014 10:23:00 PM

I'm really baffled this doesn't have a terrible rating. Bought this as part of a buy-one-get-one-free at Ulta based on its positive reviews here. I used it as my top coat when I painted my nails last night. Within 5 hours my polish was insanely chipped. And I mean almost halfway gone and on all of my fingers.

I know it was this top coat. A) I used 3 different polishes because I was going for an ombre effect (one color on my thumb, one on my index finger, etc etc.) and B) I didn't change anything else. I've never had good luck keeping polish on long but I've never had it chip this fast either. Going back to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri that I was using before. I've also had good luck with Seche Vite and Poshe.

You've been warned!