Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner
Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

I don't typically write reviews but this cleanser has saved me! I suffer from breakouts around the sides of my mouth which are probably due to hormonal acne. As soon as some acne would go away around my mouth, a new spot starting acting up. I started using this and I'm about two months into using it and I have not had any breakouts! I am so happy about the results. Like someone else mentioned here, this does not take your makeup off, its more of a creamy cleanser. I always use something before to remove my makeup and then use this. It's so affordable and has worked so well for me!

on 11/1/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product deserves the good ratings. I've been using it for a couple months now and it keeps my acne under control so well. While I still break out from time to time, using this twice a day makes it super manageable. Plus it's cheap and easily accessible, so overall a favourite product for me! It's useful to note that if you're looking for a cleanser that digs in and gets dirt out/removes makeup, this isn't what you're looking for. I always double-cleanse with micellar water to get off makeup and gunk before using this because it's more of an acne treatment than a true dirt-removing cleanser.

on 9/16/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

As a cleanser I'm definitely not a fan but in terms of treating acne, it's not too bad. I had a mild break out, used this and it dried it up within 3 days. I used it am and pm. It did leave my face dry so in the morning I used a moisturizer after. But after day 3 I notice pimples coming up that weren't there before. My sister said it might be purging my skin and pores so I continued using it. It's been 3 weeks now and my face isn't completely cleared yet. Because it treated my break out I'm continuing to use it but only at night. It also left my skin feeling like it wasn't clean. I had to use a warm cloth or my exfoliating face rag just to ensure the product was completely off my face. I'm still on the fence about it but I'm going to continue using it another 3 weeks so I can truly see if it worked for me or not

UPDATE: So maybe it's been a week since I wrote my initial review and gave a rating of 3 since I was still on the fence. My face got worse than it was before and the product left my face feeling like I had a film or residue on it still. I lowered my rating because as a cleanser it didn't do a great job. I'm currently using my facial acne scrub with sasylic acid just to rid my face of the pimples this product caused and to cleanse my pores. I wouldn't recommend this cleanser to anyone. I'm going to keep it in my closet to potentially dry out and future acne out breaks I may encounter ...or just throw the remainder out

Best acne cleanser on the market. Nearly cleared my cystic acne!! I've tried EVERYTHING and been on so many different medications and this is the first acne product that's made a huge change in my skin. The only problem I have with this product is that the benzoyl peroxide bleaches my towels. Also when you think the bottle is empty, you can cut the top open and get at least another weeks worth out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i love this acne cleanser. My face really feels clean after I use it. After a few uses I can really notice the improvements that it has made on my complexion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a great cleanser for teenagers or anyone with acne problems, I have used so many cleansers and acne treatments and those were only temporary, I started using this and within a week and a half my face was cleared up! Now I have no pimples on my face just some scars but I definitely recommend using this acne cleanser everyday

SAVED MY FACE! I went for a physical and mentioned to my dr that my face was breaking almost daily and she said it was probably hormonal. She suggested using this one daily. Not really a true review as I bought the Equate Brand but same ingredients and it helped over night. I'm on day seven now and have used it a few days even twice. I love the cooling scent and my face is all cleared up!!!! I have never had problems with breakouts like this and this has saved my face! It was getting embarrassing to go to work because I looked polka dotted on my face! Every day i was having a new flare up! And I hadn't changed ANYTHING! This has saved my face! It is a little drying so you need to moisturize, especially if you use is in the morning, but I'll take it because it has saved my sanity! I think if you used a benzoyl peroxide treatment cream on top of this, you would dry your face out too much. This ALONE is a miracle product. My first few days I used it, I washed at night with it and didnt put any moisturizer on top to give my skin a break from moisturizer and see if I could get these flare ups under control. My skin didnt feel super tight after washing it and no moisturizer but felt clean. It doesnt seem to strip your skin but deeply cleans. I don't even rinse it off at night by splashing my face, I use a warm wash cloth. It's a damn miracle in a tube. I even called my doctor back and thanked her for "SAVING MY FACE" and further embarrassment! Will use this FOREVER..I Kid you not.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Every couple of months, I will get a horrible breakout (7-12) all over. The only thing that helps such an eruption for me is benzoyl peroxide. However, every product that I've tried dries out my skin to the point it feels like sandpaper. I was previously using Panoxyl wash but my skin can't handle it daily. I've been using this Clean & Clear Continuous Control AM and PM for about four days straight and I originally had 11 blemishes. I'm now down to one. I have zero scarring too which is pretty amazing. This stuff is so cheap and found everywhere. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner! The only downside is that this is a terrible cleanser! It doesn't really clean the face. I use this just as a "treatment" wash. I wear a full face of makeup and this stuff doesn't touch even simple makeup like tinted moisturizer. Just beware, you will need to do an oil cleanser first to remove makeup.

on 12/8/2015 10:27:00 PM

Love this face wash. Keeps my acne under control. I personally do not have horrible acne, but when it starts to flare up, I use this product to keep it under control. It does dry out my face especially in the winter so it is crucial that this is used with a moisturizer. Only downside is that this face wash is pretty expensive compared to most face washes.

I have been using this product for 2 years now. Before I relied on Neutrogena's Clear and Pore since I was 15. It worked perfect for me and I never had to worry about my very oily and acne prone skin. But unfortunately, after 7 years, the product finally stopped working. I remembered my cousins used Clean & Clear Continuous Control, so I gave it a shot.....and it's perfect! It was just what I was looking for and it gives me the punch of benzoyl peroxide to keep my skin at bay! I use it every day and night with moisturizer, I definitely rely on this product!