Laura Mercier Eyes That Sparkle Metallic Creme Set Nordstrom Exclusive

No Image

4.3

on 8/18/2006 3:27:00 PM

if that pictures doesnt load, you can look at it under my piggiejanpics account here
Full Size Image

i LOVE this set. the staying power is great. the colours are brilliant and so easy to wear. my favourite is malachite i wish they'll make this a permanent shade. these are easy to use as shadows, or as liners. and for the price, i think its a great buy especially since you get a brush and a cake liner (the black thing... tho i'm not too wowed by it) and its all in a really easy portable tin case. continued >>

on 8/7/2006 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Overall I really like this set. My only gripes are with the packaging (which I find to be cheap---my first set the black eyeliner pan had come unglued before I even used it) and the size of the paints is really small. It is kinda pricey...but all in all a very pretty set. I wish Malachite was a little deeper in color, I love using the platinum as a base b/c it makes all my e/s more vibrant. These shadows are easy to apply. I do find that paints last longer, but I really like the finish of these three shadows. Also,the eyeliner is basically what makes this set a more reasonable purchase. I would recommend to someone who wants to try their cake liner and loves shimmer/cream shadows.

on 7/28/2006 1:15:00 PM

Oh man, I hate to be voice of dissent, but here I go - I bought this 2006 limited edition set from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale after reading these rave reviews. I was pretty enthused because I historically loathe cream shadows since they are never a match for my oily lids but I thought Laura Mercier Metallic Cream eyeshadows would change my life. Well . . . they didn't. Granted these shades - Rose Gold (reminded me of MAC's Rose Pigment), Platinum (a yellowed plantinum), and the limited edition Malachite (olive green) - are all a billion time better than MAC Paints and NARS Creams eyeshadows. Though the colors are all very very sheer and subtle, not really "metallic," more like shimmers that accent the eyes - they do have fairly decent staying power. I purposefully did not use a base and these lasted at least four hours. But the color payoff was just lacking and I couldn't master the art of blending these seamlessly. The cake liner was totaly crap! I don't know why people rave about it. It's a cute idea and the intensity of the black could be layered for more intensity, but it totally transferred upon my upper lids within an hour. Back to gel liners I go! And back to the LM Nordies counter this went.

on 7/21/2006 1:39:00 PM

I snatched up the last one of these at my local Nordies, and I'm so glad that I did. Previous reviewers have described the contents of the set and the price, so I won't be redundant. I'll just say that this is a wonderful set and I love every item in it. All three of the eye creams are very wearable colors (especially for someone who likes warm tones, like me). I have hazel eyese, fair skin, and blond hair, and all of these colors are flattering on me. The shadows are blendable and long-wearing. I am also extremely pleased with the black ebony eyeliner. I don't usually wear black liner because I lean toward browns and don't want too harsh a look, but this liner is beautiful. It somehow makes my eyes look defined and soft at the same time. I haven't used the brush yet because I use my fingers for the eye creams and I have an eyeliner brush I prefer to use, but the brush appears to be of good quality, as others have mentioned. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but I do think it's a great deal for what you get.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this kit! part of the Nordstrom anniversary sale, this is the limited edition kit from LM. Retails for $38 and comes with three mini cream shadows in Platinum (shimmery cream), Rose Gold (shimmery rose gold), and Malachite (shimmery golden olive green exclusive to the kit). Also comes with a Black Ebony cake liner, and a double-ended Creme Eye Detail and Flat Eyeliner Brush. Both are really nice quality and actually usable. THe creme shadows are some of my favorite, long lasting, no creasing. and i love the cake liners for the inner rims. So overall, this is a great deal. Comes inside a cute silvery tin. I wish the green shade came in a full size tube and that the cake liner came in a separate compact but oh well, cant have everything at this price.

on 7/15/2006 4:04:00 PM

Snatch this baby up. You get a full-size Black Ebony cake liner, a double-ended Creme Eye Detail and Flat Eyeliner Brush that actually isn't useless crap, and a trio of half-sized Metallic Creme eyeshadows in Platinum, Rose Gold, and Malachite (which is exclusive to this set). Platinum is metallic champagne, Rose Gold is bronzed peach, and Malachite is medium golden olive -- great colors for summer and fall. Actually, for any season -- they're pretty timeless. They blend together like a dream and can be worn sheerly for a wash of color or built up for more intensity. And if you apply them in thin layers, they won't smear or crease.
The best part is that it's only $38. The Metallic Cremes alone are worth $33. Seriously, this is brilliant. continued >>