Revlon Star Attractions pot gloss

4.5

on 3/6/2008 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I can find these at Big Lots for $1.50. I have 3 shades total (Pouty Pink, Fuchsia Smooch & Lilac Kiss). I reviewed the first 2 separately so this review is for Lilac Kiss. The first 2 are very pigmented but Lilac Kiss is much more sheer. It has subtle blue shimmer. On me its a MLBB look. Very glossy but not sticky. These are some of my favorite glosses. Def worth looking for. I have pics in my profile

on 9/28/2006 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Revlon is a company that makes some of the best lip products out there...I've been wanting to buy this everytime I seen it, but I was like 7 bucks for that!? No thanks...so I went to the Target Clearance section and saw it only for 2.24! I was like omg yay I'm so going to try this and of course I grabbed Fuschia since it's a color I love. Fuschia smooch is gorgeous on my medium skin. This is now one of my fave lipglosses...I just love it...the brush is the smartest thing ever. I had no idea that the way to open it was the brush! This is one bold, smooth, shiny, fruity scented gloss. I love it! I'm going to get all of them before they leave! =(

These were 25% off on sale, so I got "Lilac Kiss" and "Pouty Pink". I was tempted to buy before because the packaging is so cute, but only wanted to pay the cheaper price, and I suggest you only get these if it's on sale. Not that they're bad- in fact, they have a lot of charm. The cute circular container, the secret lip brush (when you open the latch, pull the latch out and voila!) the fruity smell and the colors. These are pretty bright in the container but go on SHEER, if you like only a hint of color on your lips this is perfect. However, it's really great for putting over lipstick, it intensifies the pigment, shines it up but doesn't go gummy. If you want high pigment in a tiny container, these aren't for you. I also wish it included a tiny mirror (Revlon has been doing this in many products lately) then I'd be in love!

on 9/23/2006 1:29:00 PM

I have this in "Hushed Blush". Comes in an attractive (but very bulky) white and pink pot with a very clever little

lipbrush built into the front latch. The gloss itself is a very sheer peach that

doesn't really show up as an actual color on my pigmented lips, but adds some shine and

doesn't smell or taste awful. The texture is thinner and more slippery than I prefer

(my gold standard in terms of lip gloss texture is Sally Hansen's Daily Lip

Moisturizer). I don't think I'd repurchase this as it's a limited edition item and

rather expensive for what it is.

on 8/25/2006 12:49:00 AM

I love these glosses! I have two of them- "Hushed Blush" and "Lilac Kiss". Hushed Blush is very sheer and really doesn't give you much in the way of color, and Lilac Kiss is sort of a cool pink-ish lilac. Even thought Hushed Blush is so sheer, it's still probably my favorite because it layers so nicely over lipstick. These are very glossy and not sticky. They have a subtle fruity scent but no taste. The compact is so cute, and the little lipbrush is very handy, although it's really hard the first time you take it out of the compact, so I recommend bending it a few times with your fingers to avoid taking a chunk out of the gloss (learned that the hard way!). I sort of wish the lids had mirrors in them instead of just a clear window, but this is still a great little product. I just won the other two colors on eBay!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found this gloss at Walgreens and it was on disply with a picture of Kate Bosworth for the "flirty and girly/femenine" look. I love everything about it, from the fruity-ish smell to the cute packaging (a small white pot with pink decorations on the edge of the lid). The clear plastic clasp that holds it shut is actually a lip brush. Just pull it out to use. It actually took me a while to figure that out! The gloss itself is very light and non-sticky with the right amount of subtle shine (great for daytime!). I have this is "hushed blush", which is a light peach/apricot color. It's so sheer that it's almost clear, unless you layer a lot on. I recently bought "Fuchsia Smooch" too. Its a deep fuchsia/berry color thats VERY pigmented, so be carefully when applying a lot. Will definitely buy "hushed blush" again (MAYBE "fuchsia smooch" or I'll try "lilac kiss", a pinky-lilac shade).