Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

3.4

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This gets my 5* rating which I only accord to those foundations which I MUST have in my arsenal, as opposed to "like to have". The reason this gets the top rating is:
- Wheat (my summer colour) is a perfect golden shade
- pigmentation of this is ridiculous, you used a pea sized amount for your face and be careful not to overdo it!
- tube packaging is fantastic and completely travel friendly, I've had my tube for 2.5 years and no issues with breakage or splitting
- cost is around $60 from Priceline but the amount you use is so small it will last forever (gripe is it can be hard to find because not all Priceline's carry it)
- this refreshes amazingly, and by that I mean I can refresh extra product over the top of day-old product if I am going out in the evening and don't have time to wash and reapply my whole face, it does not grab, ball, or highlight dry patches, it just refreshes and I look brand new!
My only con to this is the lack of yellow shades in lighter colours so for me this is only a summer foundation. In my foundation arsenal, I have winter only foundies (my Korean bb creams, ELDW) and summer only foundies (this one, Cinema Secrets, Napoleon Perdis china doll). There are some which would work in both summer and winter (like Shiseido) but I haven't bought other seasonal colours so can't confirm.

on 10/8/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After I had a disastrous experience with MAC Prolongwear (which left me with the WORST flare up of acne I've ever had), I needed something that was going to cover all of my new blemishes. My drugstore foundation wasn't cutting it, but I was hesitant to try a new product, not wanting to risk making my acne even worse. I did some extensive research online where I found out about the Dermablend line. It’s marketed as specifically for people with skin issues. It boasts to be the "number 1 dermatologist recommended camouflage brand". After getting shade matched and successfully testing out some samples without breaking out even more, I decided to pick up a tube in Sand Beige (I’m an NC25 for reference).
Pros:
*Coverage-all of my red, irritated skin was completely erased. I'd say medium, but buildable to full
* Blendable- this foundation takes a while to set, so you have time to blend it in
*Gentle- this didn't irritate my skin or make my break out worse at all
* Scentless
* Availability- I picked mine up at my local Ulta
Cons:
* Transfers- Even with a setting powder and primer, this foundation transfers very easily
* Does nothing to control my shine even with a matte primer, setting powder, and setting spray
* Clings to dry areas
* Limited shades- only 11 available so it might be difficult to find a match. I'm midway between Sand Beige and Nude Beige (the next shade up)

on 8/31/2013 7:59:00 PM

*GREAT FOUNDATION FOR MELASMA SUFFERERS*

Hi.

OK so, i've ranted and raved about various other foundations in the past. BUT, i've come full circle. I have the worst melasma in the world, and while i'm working on it (and totally chucked the bathroom full of foundation and went fully RMS coconut oil super natural minimal makeup line in an attempt to embrace and heal my skin - thought it was my HG but not enuf coverage)....I've gone back to where I began many many years ago - DERMABLEND.

why? because melasma gets so much worse with the sun, and only hardcore physical sunblocks help. dermablend has really good coverage and spf performance.

**this is not the same as the limited range of crappy vichy/dermablend sold at CVS**

i went to ULTA and was so pleased to see that dermablend has a great range of shades now, and multiple formulations. i use this smooth indulgence in wheat and caramel - super yellow-y and great for slightly tan caucasian summer skin. it makes me look pretty good. doesn't break me out (and i have really persistent adult acne issues around the chin and nose) it's heavy coverage, but if you buff with a sponge/cloth/brush you can get it to whatever level you want. but this isn't for girls who want light coverage. this is the big guns. for people who want to cover their skin. that said, it's not off-puttingly cakey or uncomfortable. i really really feel confident and protected in this foundation. it's a great choice for people who need to even out their complexion and protect from the sun. none of those stupid BB creams or regular foundations "with spf" cut it if you have a serious issue. anyway, bravo dermablend, thanks for the mega foundation with great range and formulation and performance. lasts all day. doesn't oxidize noticeably on me -- way better than cover blend and cover FX (which i hate!!!! oxidizes like crazy!!!) i will re-purchase and have already bought additional shades in anticipation of fall. and cuz im like an ocd prepper when it comes to foundations. **SIDE NOTE: use in conjunction with la mer concealer in #2, which for some reason really covers brownish melasma well. it's super opaque but not cakey, and is the best shade of pink correcting foundation for brown spots that i have found yet - just a tip for you melasma sufferers, i know it's incredibly frustrating to find the right solution

on 11/2/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is the best foundation I have ever used. I have used it for 1 year straight now and it is completely amazing! I see that everyone has strong opinions on this foundation, I think you need to be professional matched and have a consultant tell you how to apply it. This can be completely full coverage or as sheer as a bb cream it just depends on the application. I personally get great coverage from it. The finish for me is a natural glow but I don't get too shiny. The tube lasts a good 4-6 mos too! I have never had a more perfect match from foundation either. I will leave it at this- I work in the business and I have only had 1 person tell me they didn't want to purchase it in the past 2 years!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this foundation is packaged differently in different countries, but in America, it's just a white tube and is simply called "Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 20"

From the Ulta website, the company boasts "Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation gives twice the coverage of a classic foundation. It's lightweight, blendable texture gives up to 16 hours of wearability with Setting Powder. The result is a radiant flawless complexion leaving skin smooth and comfortable all day long."

First claim: Double the coverage of a classic foundation.
To be honest, I have fairly good skin. I don't require a heavy foundation- but I like them. If I'm going to make the effort to put on foundation, I want my skin to look like a china doll. The claim "double the coverage" is absolutely ridiculous. While it does have fairly good coverage, concealer will still be required for under eye circles and blemishes, a step I didn't want to have to take.

Second Claim: "Lightweight, blendable texture"
I expected thick, gloopy texture, and that's definitely what I got. Directly after being squeezed out, the foundation has the consistency of a thick custard. Rubbing it into the skin to warm it up causes it to thin a bit. I've tried applying it several different ways, and the best way it to use fingers. Brushes can work, but blending takes forever and a day. The warmth of fingers make it easier to blend. I suggest rolling and patting fingers to really make it sink it.

Third Claim: "16 hours of wearibility"
This is the major problem with the foundation- 16 hours is a joke. I have normal skin thats more on the dry side. I have absolutely no problem with most foundations lasting on my skin, except with this one! I find it fading after 3 hours, gathering around pores, fine lines, and dry patches. It disappears completely around my nose and creases terribly around my mouth- and I'm 18... lol. Redness begins to peek through. It just... deteriorates. Honestly, I look like I have a disease. I've tried setting it with so many different powders and none of them help. ): boo.

Fourth Claim: "radiant and flawless complexion"
Obviously it doesn't keep the complexion flawless, but it doesn't keep it radiant either. I find it strange that a matte finish foundation would give the claim of "radiant". It's really hard to describe the finish of it- it's not just matte, it's flat. Unrealistic, boring and slightly ashy looking. It may be that the foundation is not completely perfect for my skin tone, but when I originally but it on it looks great. As it deteriorates, it seems to oxidize grey? It's really hard to explain, but it's not a good look./

The first hour or so of wear is fantastic- high coverage, with a nice matte finish. Unfortunately the foundation deteriorates into a hot mess. I'd recommend this only for short amounts of time- which is a waste of time. Why take time to apply and blend it if it doesn't last?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it last longer, shoot them my way! I'd love to be able to use this! Thanks!(:

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i used this for a couple years.. but then the formula changes and was hesitant about repurchasing it. I ended up giving in and bought it. its a total dissapoinment to me. Its not as full coverage as it was it made my skin breakout and i was shiny and oily by the end of the day :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was really hoping this would be an amazing foundation, but I found it to be nothing special. It's very thick, and I found it difficult to blend with a brush or sponge. I had to use my fingers to really spread it evenly over my skin. It also claims to have full coverage for uneven skin tone and minor acne scars, but it really didn't cover mine. I did love the matte finish and can see how this could look awesome on some, but I feel that you would need to have clear and scar-free skin for this to look good. It wasn't worth the price for me...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I went to Dillards looking for a great full coverage concealer n the SA recomended this brand I got a free sample n fell in love w it it covered everything I needed to cover it does what it says , it's waterproof which is a plus for me cause in this tx heat I need it to stay in place ! But u do need to set it w he dermablend setting powder n I found that using this dried my skin out so had to stop using it I'm still using it without the. Setting powder but doesn't seem to stay on as long ;( I bought the wheat n have to mix it w the sand cause the wheat is too dk for me I use mac nc30 so if that helps , the reason why I won't be buyin again is cause it's a lil too full coveragefor me I found out w using this that I don't need that much of a coverage but u do need to cover scars , tattoos , vetiligo it's a good product go try it out n see if u like it the colors are a lil tricky but when u get a perfect match it goes on very natural u can't tell u have cakey makeup or anything but It does cover ;)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've has this in my 'no use' makeup bin for over a year. I bought 'honey beige' to cover up some vitiligo spots near my eyes in the summer time. I don't use a liquid foundation so the dermablend is visible on my skin. I tried using this on my hands, but it was a no go.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yesterday morning i woke up with a blotchy spot on my face which was waaaaaay to noticeable. So noticeable my co-worker said whats going on with your face. I was quite embarrassed so during my lunch i went over to Ulta and asked the MU what she would recommend to cover the spot as it was lighter than the rest of my skin. She recommended Dermablend, she tried it on me Honey Beige and WOW!!! It worked, covered my blotchy spot. I tried it on when i got home and liked it, noticed it did not break me out as Studio Fix from MAC does and was impressed. This morning i was excited to see my face actually looks brighter. So far i like it but not the price, well only because i had just bought my studio fix last month.

Not sure how this will work for me but so far so good and no break outs yet. Will update next week. Hope it works because am tired of breaking out with foundations.