Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 25-29
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

3.0

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

on 10/8/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After I had a disastrous experience with MAC Prolongwear (which left me with the WORST flare up of acne I've ever had), I needed something that was going to cover all of my new blemishes. My drugstore foundation wasn't cutting it, but I was hesitant to try a new product, not wanting to risk making my acne even worse. I did some extensive research online where I found out about the Dermablend line. It’s marketed as specifically for people with skin issues. It boasts to be the "number 1 dermatologist recommended camouflage brand". After getting shade matched and successfully testing out some samples without breaking out even more, I decided to pick up a tube in Sand Beige (I’m an NC25 for reference).
Pros:
*Coverage-all of my red, irritated skin was completely erased. I'd say medium, but buildable to full
* Blendable- this foundation takes a while to set, so you have time to blend it in
*Gentle- this didn't irritate my skin or make my break out worse at all
* Scentless
* Availability- I picked mine up at my local Ulta
Cons:
* Transfers- Even with a setting powder and primer, this foundation transfers very easily
* Does nothing to control my shine even with a matte primer, setting powder, and setting spray
* Clings to dry areas
* Limited shades- only 11 available so it might be difficult to find a match. I'm midway between Sand Beige and Nude Beige (the next shade up)

on 7/9/2011 11:19:00 PM

This product was just okay for me. I felt like it settled in my expression lines and I'm only 25, that doesnt happen when I use my revlon photoready. It does have great coverage but I felt towards the middle of the day it began to look cakey. Im taking this back to the store and still on the search for my ideal foundation.