Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

3.4

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great medium to full coverage foundation if and this is a big if--you can find a match for your skin in their very limited color range. The colors are highly pigmented and will look awful if you apply too much but very little is needed so its a great value. I do use their concealer which I love because it covers everything and it does not highlight fine lines and wrinkles to the extent that many other concealers do. This product could be used as a concealer if you don't need maximum coverage. The claims of will not settle into fine lines and wrinkles is fairly true---it appears to blur them a bit which I like particularly if you moisturize with something with hyaluronic acid in it before application.

I cannot use this product in the summer as successfully because it just doesn't last as long and the older I get I am gearing towards foundations that don't require serious powder which this one does to set and stay put.

I still have Dermablend products in my arsenal because its one of a handul of foundations and concealers that does not irritate my sensitive skin. Another positive for this product is in comparison to other medium to high coverage foundations this one feels very light on the skin probably in part because you need so incredibly little of the product.

If you have major things to cover I recommend the concealer along with the foundation. I slightly like the concealer better than the foundation because the color is better for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i used this for a couple years.. but then the formula changes and was hesitant about repurchasing it. I ended up giving in and bought it. its a total dissapoinment to me. Its not as full coverage as it was it made my skin breakout and i was shiny and oily by the end of the day :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I started Retin A on my skin after everything else failed. If you went through a purging stage you will know how ugly and impossible to cover those break outs are. I am breaking out in red hive like rashes on my forehead, cysts on my chin, a ton of white heads all over cheeks, plus I have black heads all over my nose and orange peel skin on my cheeks. Oh did I mention scar picks and boxing scars on the apples of my cheeks.
I have accumulated a collection of FD: GA Liquid Silk (love for winter), Revlon ColorStay (doesn't transferon white collars of my shirts ), MUFE Velvet Mat (summertime fave), Lancome Ultra (my HG before the breakout), B&B Liole (after laser treatments), Korres Mineral FD (everyday but too light for my break outs now) and a dozen of others that I returned.
NOTHING, I mean literally, NOTHING , could cover my scars before. I guess over years I got used to the idea of never seeing my face poreless and even -toned (Oh, forgot to mention my rosacea). I saw the starter kit at Winners for $10 and since I just enjoy experimenting,so I bought it.
I used it the 1st time without a primer - I went and bought the 2nd kit. 2nd time I used it with Lancome primer and Benefit Hello Flawless powder applied with an angled blush brush before a party and I cried - It was cruel in a way, I saw my face the way it would have been now if I was lucky to have a good skin. It literally erased my scars, hid pores, evened out my moon surface face like I had healthy skin.
I think it is a medical grade concealer rather than a FD. It has no smell, thick cream like texture, but it feels light and not heavy at all.
I recommend squeezing some on your fingers, rub them to warm it up and start patting on your face (not rubbing or spreading - it is too thick). Watch the magic unfolds in front of your eyes - I usually take my Sephora Platinum FD Brush # 56 to polish it more and buff it in my dialated pores. I recommend setting it with a powder to make the results longer (I love Benefit Hello Flawless it adds the final oompf). After that I smile - I love my look in the mirror.
Here are some cons:
- color selection is, well, poor - 2 in each category: light, medium, deep= 6 colors only.
- transfers on clothes upon contact (dont' rub on your beau's dark suit he won't be happy).
- full coverage will matt you out, I need to use my Laguna bronzer that I normally skip but otherwise u will look flat. Also a highlighter and a blush.
- not a good choice if u r looking for a FD to hide minor scarring or just a couple of spots here and there, u will find it too much.
- no SPF - potographs beautifully but u will need to use a SS underneath
But when I have a date or a going out night when u will use anything and everything - I will use as my secret weapon. :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

As a woman with acne scars and an uneven skin tone, I've been looking for a sort of miracle product for quite some time - something to mask the sort of orange peel look my face has going on. After reading all the great reviews here, I thought I'd give DermaBlend a try - after all, if people with my type of skin love it, maybe I would too!

Sadly, I didn't love this make-up. I found that even the lightest color was too orangey for my skin tone and it caked around any dry or rough spots - which, if you have pimples, is often unavoidable even with heavy moisturizing. I tried make-up sponges, applied with moisturizer, foundation brushes (wet and dry) and everything else I could think of and nothing stopped the cake action. Ah well, too bad!

Otherwise, the price was reasonable and it did end up covering an old dark scar on my leg, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have melasma and used this last year. I since went back to Lancome and really loved it but...A look in a gas station mirror showed my patches! I went and bought nude beige (I had the lightest color before, my husband HATED it). The color looks great but I did need a primer, so I dug in my old drawer and used mac prep and prime spf 30 today. Looks very nice with the mac, plus I need the spf. Thanks to a lady on here I just used some talcum powder a few hours later and it looks good, even when I smile (thanks mac!). I did try a sample of L'Oreal magic primer, which does cover the pores better but is so drying I can't imagine wearing that into winter. I am so glad I joined this site!
Only 4 rating because no spf and primer needed.

on 6/3/2009 11:23:00 PM

At first, I did not like this foundation.. mainly because i was on Accutane and it dried my face up soo bad so this makeup did not look good at all! I just got off of the medication and my face is A LOT better. So before I threw the foundation out, I gave it another try (I was using it for about 8 months). I found it works best when used with a moisturizer, foundation brush (I was using my fingers for the first 5 months and my face looked horrible!), and a pressed powder (it can be a little greasy). It covers well and has a nice matte finish. But like I said, it works best with a foundation brush.. it gives it more of an airbrushed look:)

on 10/11/2008 4:33:00 AM

Ohhhh how I wanted this to work for me! It covers beautifully and applies so smoothly. It is indeed a very full coverage foundation. But alas, I have oily skin and 2 hours after applying this my face was an oil slick. I'd blot it and be left with patches of bare skin, the foundation just came off with the blotting paper. It is very expensive so I will save this for when I have an especially bad breakout. This would work well on someone with normal to dry skin. Oily skinned people, save your $$.

Smooth Indulgence Long Lasting Matte Finish Makeup by Dermablend. I'm really liking this stuff. I have a lot of freckles and skin discoloration and nothing else seems to cover it. This comes very close. It definitely covers up any redness and after five hours of wear, I've only had to blot once. That's pretty good for skin as oily as mine. It comes in a tube and a tiny drop does a whole section of my face. I think next time I'll try it with a primer underneath to see if the texture of my skin looks better. $25 at Ulta. Do not waste your money buying their loose powder. It's just talc. Save your $20 and buy a $2 container of baby powder...same stuff.

on 1/3/2007 8:17:00 AM

This is a very nice foundation. It does give a matte finish and has a very nice smooth consistency. It looks alot better and you get better coverage if you use a taklon foundation brush vs. your fingers. Coverage is medium to slightly heavy. It has decent lasting power, better if you use a primer first and also apply a setting powder over on top of the foundation. Otherwise, it will crease late in the day. It has minimal ingredients but it is silicone base. No SPF so you need to wear a separate SPF with it. Very nice for travel since it's in a squeeze tube. Would definitely repurchase.