Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

2.3

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great medium to full coverage foundation if and this is a big if--you can find a match for your skin in their very limited color range. The colors are highly pigmented and will look awful if you apply too much but very little is needed so its a great value. I do use their concealer which I love because it covers everything and it does not highlight fine lines and wrinkles to the extent that many other concealers do. This product could be used as a concealer if you don't need maximum coverage. The claims of will not settle into fine lines and wrinkles is fairly true---it appears to blur them a bit which I like particularly if you moisturize with something with hyaluronic acid in it before application.

I cannot use this product in the summer as successfully because it just doesn't last as long and the older I get I am gearing towards foundations that don't require serious powder which this one does to set and stay put.

I still have Dermablend products in my arsenal because its one of a handul of foundations and concealers that does not irritate my sensitive skin. Another positive for this product is in comparison to other medium to high coverage foundations this one feels very light on the skin probably in part because you need so incredibly little of the product.

If you have major things to cover I recommend the concealer along with the foundation. I slightly like the concealer better than the foundation because the color is better for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First off...i want my 34 dollara back. Secondly this foudation is meant for tattoos and scars etc...i dont know what i was thinking back when i brought this. For one, foundation are not meant to be full coverage. (That what concealer is for) foundation is meant to even out skin tone. This foudation will give you a absolute dead, dry, cakey old lady look. Jeez..this stuff is heaaaavvvyyyyy.heavy! So hard to blend. Looks ashy. Toooo matte (yikes) gets super oily. Blocks pores. Its like taking paste and dreanching your face in it. If you like that heavy stage makeup or corpus makeup then go for it:) go right ahead. Me on the other hand i like looking my age.or even better look younger. And 30 dollars for this???? Not worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this foundation is packaged differently in different countries, but in America, it's just a white tube and is simply called "Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 20"

From the Ulta website, the company boasts "Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation gives twice the coverage of a classic foundation. It's lightweight, blendable texture gives up to 16 hours of wearability with Setting Powder. The result is a radiant flawless complexion leaving skin smooth and comfortable all day long."

First claim: Double the coverage of a classic foundation.
To be honest, I have fairly good skin. I don't require a heavy foundation- but I like them. If I'm going to make the effort to put on foundation, I want my skin to look like a china doll. The claim "double the coverage" is absolutely ridiculous. While it does have fairly good coverage, concealer will still be required for under eye circles and blemishes, a step I didn't want to have to take.

Second Claim: "Lightweight, blendable texture"
I expected thick, gloopy texture, and that's definitely what I got. Directly after being squeezed out, the foundation has the consistency of a thick custard. Rubbing it into the skin to warm it up causes it to thin a bit. I've tried applying it several different ways, and the best way it to use fingers. Brushes can work, but blending takes forever and a day. The warmth of fingers make it easier to blend. I suggest rolling and patting fingers to really make it sink it.

Third Claim: "16 hours of wearibility"
This is the major problem with the foundation- 16 hours is a joke. I have normal skin thats more on the dry side. I have absolutely no problem with most foundations lasting on my skin, except with this one! I find it fading after 3 hours, gathering around pores, fine lines, and dry patches. It disappears completely around my nose and creases terribly around my mouth- and I'm 18... lol. Redness begins to peek through. It just... deteriorates. Honestly, I look like I have a disease. I've tried setting it with so many different powders and none of them help. ): boo.

Fourth Claim: "radiant and flawless complexion"
Obviously it doesn't keep the complexion flawless, but it doesn't keep it radiant either. I find it strange that a matte finish foundation would give the claim of "radiant". It's really hard to describe the finish of it- it's not just matte, it's flat. Unrealistic, boring and slightly ashy looking. It may be that the foundation is not completely perfect for my skin tone, but when I originally but it on it looks great. As it deteriorates, it seems to oxidize grey? It's really hard to explain, but it's not a good look./

The first hour or so of wear is fantastic- high coverage, with a nice matte finish. Unfortunately the foundation deteriorates into a hot mess. I'd recommend this only for short amounts of time- which is a waste of time. Why take time to apply and blend it if it doesn't last?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it last longer, shoot them my way! I'd love to be able to use this! Thanks!(:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have melasma and used this last year. I since went back to Lancome and really loved it but...A look in a gas station mirror showed my patches! I went and bought nude beige (I had the lightest color before, my husband HATED it). The color looks great but I did need a primer, so I dug in my old drawer and used mac prep and prime spf 30 today. Looks very nice with the mac, plus I need the spf. Thanks to a lady on here I just used some talcum powder a few hours later and it looks good, even when I smile (thanks mac!). I did try a sample of L'Oreal magic primer, which does cover the pores better but is so drying I can't imagine wearing that into winter. I am so glad I joined this site!
Only 4 rating because no spf and primer needed.

I just bought this product today. HORRIBLE! It covers NOTHING AT ALL. I have some light acne scars and this doesn't even touch them. Makes my blackheads on my nose look disgusting, as well. I've tried all sorts of cover ups (MUFE, Amazing Cosmetics, etc) This was the worst.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been searching for a GOOD if not PERFECT foundation for my oily, acne prone, uneven colored face. It seems as soon as I hit my upper 20's my face EXPLODED. Im 31 now and it hasn't got any better. (life can be so cruel) I've tried mineral makeup (expensive and cheap), drug store (revlon colorstay) which seem to cover nicely. Then I started to break out. I think the SPF in it was causing my breakouts. So I came across the Dermablend Smooth Indulgence. It does cover VERY nicely BUUUUUUUUUUUT........ After a few hours it seems to slide off my face when the oilies start to appear. I tried setting it with several differant powders and it's all the same results. About 3 hours after application it gets oily just like a cheap foundation. So i'm not sure if it's really WORTH the $25. It does cover well though and the color mathces my skin PERFECT. (Sandy Begie) Maybe it's just the hot and humid Texas weather that causes it to break down so fast. I don't know. But I do like it so far and it hasn't caused any other break outs. I will buy again I just wish for $25 you would get more than 1oz. Update (5/17/07).... I've decided that this foundation wasn't for me. Although it did cover and match my skin really well, it had no staying power. Even though I tried setting it with several differant powders it just got oily and smeared right off. Too bad because i REALLY liked the color and coverage it gives. Very natural. But for some reason after a few hours it would look all goopy and smudge off if it gets touched. Not to mention it pooled up around my nose. GROSS!!! So i've switched back to revlon color stay for oily skin. Works well but doesnt have the same color match or coverage as dermablend smooth indulgence. But at least it stays put and doesnt pool up on my face.