Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 25-29
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

on 7/5/2014 2:02:00 PM

I use a lot of Dermablend products, and a LOT of other foundations in general (check my other reviews). For color reference I wear NC20 in Mac, 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Porcelain in Hourglass Immaculate, 2.5 in Touche Eclat Pen, BR20 in Touche Eclat foundation, and Nude Beige in this foundation (Dermablend Smooth Indulgence).

I do like the Dermablend Cover Cream, but I find that if overall I'm having a good skin day (which for me is light undereye circles and only 1-3 zits, with minimal uneven-ness on my cheeks) Cover Cream is just a bit too much coverage for me. If you have bad skin or scars though I'd 100% recommend Cover Cream.

Ok good skin days. I use Dermablend Redness Reducing Concealer (it's green) and pat it onto all my red spots/zits. I do NOT blend it in yet. I then take Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #2 (Orange) and swipe it under my eyes. I blend that with my pinky finger and while it's drying I take whatever foundation I am using (in this case, Dermablend Smooth Indulgence) and dab that all over my face, avoiding green and orange spots for the moment. I then take a damp Beauty Blender and using the fat end I bounce it all over my face and it seamlessly blends everything together.

The look I get with Smooth Indulgence foundation is mostly flawless but not completely, in a natural way. It is not as dewy as Luminious Silk, but dewier than Estee Lauder Double Wear. It's more natural looking than Mac or Cover Cream. Both Hourglass and Touche Eclat foundations made my skin look very dry and flaky (which my skin is not) but this does not emphasize any dry patches. Over a primer (hourglass) and under a spray/powder (UD All Nighter, Guerlain Meteroites or Hourglass Ambient Light) it lasts roughly 6 hours in the South Texas heat & humidity, so not bad, but not the best either.

I do think it's priced well, but the packaging is meh. However if they keep costs down by not using a fancy pretty package, that's fine, it's more about the product anyway. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way.

on 7/9/2011 11:19:00 PM

This product was just okay for me. I felt like it settled in my expression lines and I'm only 25, that doesnt happen when I use my revlon photoready. It does have great coverage but I felt towards the middle of the day it began to look cakey. Im taking this back to the store and still on the search for my ideal foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I went to Dillards looking for a great full coverage concealer n the SA recomended this brand I got a free sample n fell in love w it it covered everything I needed to cover it does what it says , it's waterproof which is a plus for me cause in this tx heat I need it to stay in place ! But u do need to set it w he dermablend setting powder n I found that using this dried my skin out so had to stop using it I'm still using it without the. Setting powder but doesn't seem to stay on as long ;( I bought the wheat n have to mix it w the sand cause the wheat is too dk for me I use mac nc30 so if that helps , the reason why I won't be buyin again is cause it's a lil too full coveragefor me I found out w using this that I don't need that much of a coverage but u do need to cover scars , tattoos , vetiligo it's a good product go try it out n see if u like it the colors are a lil tricky but when u get a perfect match it goes on very natural u can't tell u have cakey makeup or anything but It does cover ;)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've has this in my 'no use' makeup bin for over a year. I bought 'honey beige' to cover up some vitiligo spots near my eyes in the summer time. I don't use a liquid foundation so the dermablend is visible on my skin. I tried using this on my hands, but it was a no go.

on 3/7/2009 12:30:00 PM

This makeup is specifically made for complete and full coverage. This is something that you use for a wedding day, professional pics, or if you are on camera. The coverage goes on smooth and blends perfectly. You DO NOT need very much. Apply it on your face area by area. A little goes a VERY long way. Everything appears smooth and even toned. It lasts an incredibly long time and did not break me out on the rare night that I didn't wash my face before bed. It also looks very natural. It is a bit pricey but absolutely worth it. I tend to use this makeup everyday because of the uneven redness and blotchiness that ihave on my face. I will not be using another liquid foundation but this one ever again.

I found this product while searching for a good makeup for my wedding day and this is a really great foundation! I wore it for over 8 hours in an outdoor florida wedding and reception and it held up quite well. It also photographed extremely well. It is lightweight, especially when using a foundation brush to apply and it covers birthmarks, acne scars, and significant skin imperfections really well. I highly recommend using the powder over the foundation though and may need to do a small powder touch up depending on your skin type and weather conditions. Overall, I think this is a great product.

on 9/24/2007 12:29:00 PM

Dare I call this my HG!?! This foundation gives nice full coverage but doesn't look like you have foundation caked all over your face. I'm in my late 20's and have melasma which is darker spots on your face (cheeks, forehead, upper lip and chin areas) that are VERY hard to cover up with your average foundation. I have tried everything - bare minerals, smashbox, mac, cheaper store brands and haven't found anything that didn't wear off by end of the day. This is the first foundation that I have found that stays put. I do see others complaining about it budging but my skin is normal, not oily so that may be why. I live in the Texas heat and haven't had a problem with it moving on me either. I have an olive skin tone and use the sand beige color - it matches excellently.

I have applied with my fingers (doesn't blend well enough and leaves areas with thicker application) with the sponge (same application as the fingers or maybe a little better) and with a foundation brush (definitely the way to go). The foundation brush (I use bare minerals foundation and concealer taklon brushes - yes not cheap but they are WORTH IT!) spreads to a flawless look with just the right amount of coverage. I don't use their setting powder, I either use Laura Mercier Translucent powder or the Bare Minerals mineral veil - both work perfectly. I just cannot believe how great this foundation is. It covers acne very good as well. Even if you don't have problem areas to cover up you can blend with lotion to give a lighter coverage. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice fuller coverage foundation that you need to last you through the day.

on 5/17/2007 8:58:00 AM

YAYYYY! Finally! Best coverage since original revlon colorstay formula. Uber-blendable and feels amazing. Also looks natural and, unlike most full coverage foundations, makes skin look smoother rather than accentuating pores/lines. Covers my freckles/hyperpigmentation flawlessly without looking fake, made-up or heavy!