Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

Filtered by age: 25-29
Dermablend Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish
Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

3.9

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetyalted Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides

on 10/8/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After I had a disastrous experience with MAC Prolongwear (which left me with the WORST flare up of acne I've ever had), I needed something that was going to cover all of my new blemishes. My drugstore foundation wasn't cutting it, but I was hesitant to try a new product, not wanting to risk making my acne even worse. I did some extensive research online where I found out about the Dermablend line. It’s marketed as specifically for people with skin issues. It boasts to be the "number 1 dermatologist recommended camouflage brand". After getting shade matched and successfully testing out some samples without breaking out even more, I decided to pick up a tube in Sand Beige (I’m an NC25 for reference).
Pros:
*Coverage-all of my red, irritated skin was completely erased. I'd say medium, but buildable to full
* Blendable- this foundation takes a while to set, so you have time to blend it in
*Gentle- this didn't irritate my skin or make my break out worse at all
* Scentless
* Availability- I picked mine up at my local Ulta
Cons:
* Transfers- Even with a setting powder and primer, this foundation transfers very easily
* Does nothing to control my shine even with a matte primer, setting powder, and setting spray
* Clings to dry areas
* Limited shades- only 11 available so it might be difficult to find a match. I'm midway between Sand Beige and Nude Beige (the next shade up)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect for acne!

on 7/5/2014 2:02:00 PM

I use a lot of Dermablend products, and a LOT of other foundations in general (check my other reviews). For color reference I wear NC20 in Mac, 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Porcelain in Hourglass Immaculate, 2.5 in Touche Eclat Pen, BR20 in Touche Eclat foundation, and Nude Beige in this foundation (Dermablend Smooth Indulgence).

I do like the Dermablend Cover Cream, but I find that if overall I'm having a good skin day (which for me is light undereye circles and only 1-3 zits, with minimal uneven-ness on my cheeks) Cover Cream is just a bit too much coverage for me. If you have bad skin or scars though I'd 100% recommend Cover Cream.

Ok good skin days. I use Dermablend Redness Reducing Concealer (it's green) and pat it onto all my red spots/zits. I do NOT blend it in yet. I then take Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #2 (Orange) and swipe it under my eyes. I blend that with my pinky finger and while it's drying I take whatever foundation I am using (in this case, Dermablend Smooth Indulgence) and dab that all over my face, avoiding green and orange spots for the moment. I then take a damp Beauty Blender and using the fat end I bounce it all over my face and it seamlessly blends everything together.

The look I get with Smooth Indulgence foundation is mostly flawless but not completely, in a natural way. It is not as dewy as Luminious Silk, but dewier than Estee Lauder Double Wear. It's more natural looking than Mac or Cover Cream. Both Hourglass and Touche Eclat foundations made my skin look very dry and flaky (which my skin is not) but this does not emphasize any dry patches. Over a primer (hourglass) and under a spray/powder (UD All Nighter, Guerlain Meteroites or Hourglass Ambient Light) it lasts roughly 6 hours in the South Texas heat & humidity, so not bad, but not the best either.

I do think it's priced well, but the packaging is meh. However if they keep costs down by not using a fancy pretty package, that's fine, it's more about the product anyway. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation! It is perfect in every way except that it is kind of expensive for me. But it lasts a pretty long time.. im guesstimating about 3 months? i dont know but this foundation is awesome. the pros are:
easy to use bottle
perfect coverage
long lasting coverage(lasts me a school day- a from 7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon
perfect color(the colors dont go towards pink or red undertone.. they all ave beige undertones so it leaves you skin tone flwless and neutral)
looks perfect in pictures
i use sand beige and im fair skinned
it gives me some color and i just blend it down into my neck a little
i apply a pump of moisturizer to the foundation on my hand
i mix it with my fingr
i get a big fluffy powder brush and dip it in the mix and buff it onto my face
it looks FLAWLESS
i totally recommend this foundation!

on 9/24/2007 12:29:00 PM

Dare I call this my HG!?! This foundation gives nice full coverage but doesn't look like you have foundation caked all over your face. I'm in my late 20's and have melasma which is darker spots on your face (cheeks, forehead, upper lip and chin areas) that are VERY hard to cover up with your average foundation. I have tried everything - bare minerals, smashbox, mac, cheaper store brands and haven't found anything that didn't wear off by end of the day. This is the first foundation that I have found that stays put. I do see others complaining about it budging but my skin is normal, not oily so that may be why. I live in the Texas heat and haven't had a problem with it moving on me either. I have an olive skin tone and use the sand beige color - it matches excellently.

I have applied with my fingers (doesn't blend well enough and leaves areas with thicker application) with the sponge (same application as the fingers or maybe a little better) and with a foundation brush (definitely the way to go). The foundation brush (I use bare minerals foundation and concealer taklon brushes - yes not cheap but they are WORTH IT!) spreads to a flawless look with just the right amount of coverage. I don't use their setting powder, I either use Laura Mercier Translucent powder or the Bare Minerals mineral veil - both work perfectly. I just cannot believe how great this foundation is. It covers acne very good as well. Even if you don't have problem areas to cover up you can blend with lotion to give a lighter coverage. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice fuller coverage foundation that you need to last you through the day.

on 7/9/2011 11:19:00 PM

This product was just okay for me. I felt like it settled in my expression lines and I'm only 25, that doesnt happen when I use my revlon photoready. It does have great coverage but I felt towards the middle of the day it began to look cakey. Im taking this back to the store and still on the search for my ideal foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I went to Dillards looking for a great full coverage concealer n the SA recomended this brand I got a free sample n fell in love w it it covered everything I needed to cover it does what it says , it's waterproof which is a plus for me cause in this tx heat I need it to stay in place ! But u do need to set it w he dermablend setting powder n I found that using this dried my skin out so had to stop using it I'm still using it without the. Setting powder but doesn't seem to stay on as long ;( I bought the wheat n have to mix it w the sand cause the wheat is too dk for me I use mac nc30 so if that helps , the reason why I won't be buyin again is cause it's a lil too full coveragefor me I found out w using this that I don't need that much of a coverage but u do need to cover scars , tattoos , vetiligo it's a good product go try it out n see if u like it the colors are a lil tricky but when u get a perfect match it goes on very natural u can't tell u have cakey makeup or anything but It does cover ;)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've has this in my 'no use' makeup bin for over a year. I bought 'honey beige' to cover up some vitiligo spots near my eyes in the summer time. I don't use a liquid foundation so the dermablend is visible on my skin. I tried using this on my hands, but it was a no go.

on 3/31/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Long-Lasting Matte finish - HA! Dermablend's Smooth Indulgence Foundation was nothing but a disaster and anything but "matte and longlasting."

The colors are actually not that bad, the color I chose complimented my natural color quite well. And the high-coverage and overall look is really nice... for the first half-hour or so. After about an hour, this stuff seems to vaporize off the face. This ugly transition causes the foundation to separate and pool into pores, lines, scars, etc. It's also highly transferable, as it rubs off on everything and anything - phones, collars, pillows, other people!!

I'd like to elaborate more, but you get the idea. It's low-grade crap. Even the formulation is cheap. You always have to shake the tube prior to application. If you don't, the formula comes out separated - an oily fluid comes out first and then a watery color base follows.

Definitely not recommended for people with oily skin.

on 3/7/2009 12:30:00 PM

This makeup is specifically made for complete and full coverage. This is something that you use for a wedding day, professional pics, or if you are on camera. The coverage goes on smooth and blends perfectly. You DO NOT need very much. Apply it on your face area by area. A little goes a VERY long way. Everything appears smooth and even toned. It lasts an incredibly long time and did not break me out on the rare night that I didn't wash my face before bed. It also looks very natural. It is a bit pricey but absolutely worth it. I tend to use this makeup everyday because of the uneven redness and blotchiness that ihave on my face. I will not be using another liquid foundation but this one ever again.