Versace Bright Crystal

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: Pomegranate, Yuzu, Iced accord
Heart Notes: Magnolia, Lotus, Peony
Base notes: Vegetal amber, Musks, Mahogany

I bought this blindly, never having smelled or tested it. Oops. I ended up giving it away because it was headache inducing.

There was just something in the notes that was screechy and cloying. I think it was the mix between the citrus, iced accord and peony, but I can't be for certain.

I had such an awful reaction to it that I am fighting off feelings of nausea just writing this review.

I'm glad that so many other people love it, but I still encourage people to not do what I did. Test it before you buy it, because it's a very strong and divisive scent.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My husband bought this for me. I really think guys like it better then women do. He really liked the smell. Anyway. It doesn't have great sillage and by the end of the day, I can't smell any trace of it at all like I can with my other perfumes. It smells a bit strong, flowery and a tiny bit of spice, but not much. It also smells clean.
It can give me a headache so I have to use just a tiny bit in order for it to work with me. I get compliments but still, I don't use it much due to the headache factor. I still don't think I ll be repurchasing when I'm done with it. If my husband buys it for me, fine, I ll use it again--but I highly doubt I would purchase for myself again.
For A VERSACE product/perfume--you would think that the staying power would be a lot better..NOPE! it's sucks and I can rarely smell any trace of it at the end of the day. Oh well I suppose!

To Read all 287 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so I'm on my second bottle now, and I can honestly say that this is my favorite scent ever, BUT, it disappears within like 10 minutes after spraying it on. The only time I'm ever complimented on my smell is if I freshly sprayed it on just a few minutes before.
Once I sprayed it on in the car before walking into my friends house and a few of his friends followed me around until they got up the courage to ask what perfume I was wearing, and then they even wrote it down in their phones! So I know that it's a good smell, it just doesn't last. And it's not just me having gotten used to the smell. I asked my sister to smell me one time like randomly 3 hours into wearing it once (and I sprayed myself quite liberally with it) and she couldn't smell it until she was straight-up hugging me. It makes me so sad because it's just such a beautiful smell. Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd never even heard of this stuff but the other week, my husband came home and told me that someone who sits near the men's washroom (what a joy for her!) wore a really nice scent - nice enough that he asked her what it was. She told him it's Bright Crystal by Versace. If you knew my husband, you'd know what a HUGE thing it is that he asked and then put the info into his phone. So, with his encouragement, I went out to buy a bottle and ended up getting a "value" gift set that included decent sized tubes of both body wash and body lotion in addition to a honkin' big bottle of the EDT.

Packaging - I HATE it. I love that it's a spray bottle and the fact that it's pink is pretty and "girly", though neither here nor there. But that gigantic faux "crystal" that makes up the lid - how stupid and top-heavy and just sort of ugly!

I like the fragrance, however, and I can see why my husband liked it. He doesn't like anything too heavy, cloying or sweet. Bright Crystal is fresh and "bright" in its scent. Very pretty and nice for a workplace and nice for the warmer months of the year. It's not especially long-lasting, though, so I knocked off one lippie for that. But I'd certainly repurchase this to have as a "safe" scent to wear to work or out for lunch, etc. But now I want to try the "Absolu" version to see if it's a bit longer wearing and I also want to try the "Noir" version - I didn't bother sampling either of these when I was in the store but really want to give them a "sniff" now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a nice fragrance. I got a sample at Sephora and I liked it. It smells fresh and fruity and floral, but in a crisp and bright way, no as a soft way like Marc Jacob Daisy can smell like. I liked it a lot and I might purchase it eventually!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't in the market for a new fragrance but came across the purse perfume bottle at Sephora and just made an impulse buy. After wearing it a couple of times I am definitely switching to this full time. The scent was subtle and yet noticeable. As soon as I started wearing it I got compliments all the time from guys saying it smelled wonderful. My other perfume I usually wear is Angel and I mostly got compliments from women. This is a stronger scent and almost a little cologne like and yet still feminine. The only complaint I have is that I find myself reapplying it frequently. It doesn't last for that long.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This scent doesn't last long at all on me. I've tried it a few times and I'm just not that into it. It's fine, but I'd rather wear something I love. Moving on!

This is a love/hate fragrance for me. Overall I think it smells very pretty (fresh and floral, slightly fruity, it actually smells PINK), albeit a little young-ish and also a tad bit too sweet. But there's also a note of something that's a little plastic or artificial in there too.

Might work for someone else but I wouldn't buy this one again.

I've been really good about not purchasing fragrance for a while now. I have way too much and can't wear most of it to work because I employed in the health care industry. But last week I got the itch for a new perfume. I picked up Chanel Chance "Eau Fraiche." It seemed like a fresh, clean option - something good for everyday. I quickly discovered it's top note was far to sharp and headache-inducing for me. Back to Sephora I went - I intended on picking up the new YSL "Black Opium" but stumbled upon "Bright Crystal" from Versace. Really fresh, clean, - unoffensive if such a thing exists in the world of fragrance. Loving it! Seems to have good longevity. A winner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was trying 3 Versace fragrances: yellow diamond which I hated and gave me a headache, crystal noir which I enjoyed and this one which is by far my favorite one of the 3, I love it! I plan to get a full size of it.

Popular Fragrances