Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

2.9

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is thinning, dry and very fine (what a terrible combination). Bought this at Sephora when I ran out shampoo and at the annoying urging of the sales person.
First impression was surprised that I need 16 pump for my shoulder length hair? But I never follow instruction anyway, so I halves the pump.
Smell: Nice minty
Texture : Thick Conditioner type
Washing off: easy
Aftermath : It does leave my hair hydrated but a tiny bit oily on the scalp. When you have thinning hair that's a bad thing because it reveals your baldness. So the second try on this shampoo, I halved the pump into 4 pump. So my hair still very hydrated afterwards with a nice sheen. The scalp not oily this time but by the end of day it get oilier than when I was using my avalon biotin shampoo.
Conclusion : Not suitable for daily use. Use it for deep conditioning once a week. Extra caution for those with fine thinning hair

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't really find anything special about this product. It's too expensive for such a little amount. I got the 30 day supply in almond mint and it didn't last the full 30 days after 15 days or so I found myself rationing the conditioner. I decided to cancel my future shipments but they sent me a second package anyways so I filed for a return and sent the untouched product back. I was told by costumer service that I would be refunded in full including the shopping costs. But when I checked my credit card I saw that they charged me AGAIN! So I called them and again I was told that I would be refunded my money but it has now been two months and instead of a refund I was charged again this month even though I am no longer receiving products. If you're looking into getting non harsh sulfate free hair care products I would suggest getting organix you could find it in local drug marts and they're 1/3rd of the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have long, curly, color treated, damaged, dry hair. I use heat about once to twice a week and was looking to stop uses shampoo and start hydrating my hair.

I really love this product. Honestly....It is very finicky and not easy to use at all, you have to be willing to go trial-and-error and have some days where your hair looks dirty, flat and gross. But when you get it right, the right amount of product, the right amount of rinses, the right styling product, your hair looks and feels amazing. While that much work is way more than I would like to do just to have clean and healthy hair, once you figure out what works for your particular head of hairs, it really becomes easy and quick.

My color has lasted so much longer since I started using Wen exclusively.

I recommend purchasing from Sephora or Qvc, not directly from Wen, as I have heard they have horrible customer service and billing procedures.

This is a product you either love or hate, I held back on reviewing until I had been exclusively using Wen to wash my hair for a significant amount of time. I can honestly say in my experience this product has been really good for my hair. I wish it was cheaper, but I really can say I will purchase again.

I refuse to call myself a "wen girl", it really isnt THAT amazing, you can get similar results from other products for much cheaper, but there is some value to the hype, my scalp is healthy, I have less hair coming out in the shower and my color lasts much longer.

on 2/13/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, to be fair, I used Wen for 6 months so by now I believe I've used it long enough to give a pretty accurate assessment of how this product worked for me. In one word; awful!!! I guess I was one of those who fell for the hype but this did absolutely NOTHING for my hair except make it an extremely oily, matted,flat and weighed down mess. As if that wasn't bad enough, it always felt and looked dirty, gross and very dull. And no, I'm not using it incorrectly. I tried all the suggestions mentioned by the manufacturer, by friends who use it and my own experimentation but no matter what I did, I always got the same results. My normal hair texture is dry and I really didn't produce much oil in the first place so all the greasy residue was due to this cleanser. It was so bad that I always look like I haven't taken a shower in weeks.

My hair is medium length and I first tried the 16-24 pumps recommended for the lenght. That proved to be too much so I decreased it to 10-15 pumps, even going as low as below 10 pumps. The result was always the same. Of course with the less than the recommended amount, my hair and especially my scalp, felt even dirtier but here's the kicker...no matter what I tried, it always felt as if it's coated with wax even though I thoroughly scrubbed my scalp with it. After 4 months of use I started noticing very itchy scalp, some flaking and more hair fall. Yet, I stuck with it thinking it was just my scalp adjusting. On month 6 I noticed even more hair fall even on days I don't wash my hair. This hardly happened to my hair prior to using this. My stylist even commented on the condition of my hair and how it felt coated. I decided then I was going to stop using it and look for alternatives.

I'm now using another brand of no sulfate shampoo and by gosh, the difference is HUGE. Almost overnight, no more itchy scalp and most importantly no more weighed down flat matted oily hair. I have yet to grow the hairs I lost back but hopefully in time it will. I now use this product to shave my legs with. I think overall it's an over hyped and expensive product. I have gotten better results from sulfate free shampoos that are 4 times cheaper. The 1 lippie is for the scent only which is pretty nice.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have medium length 3b highlighted hair. I bought this thinking "you get what you pay for"... and since its expensive, it should be great! Well, not so much.
I did enjoy this when I first got it, but I noticed that if I use it more than once a week, my hair gets incredibly dry=frizz and impossible detangling... I also don't think you need 16 pumps.. that's a tad excessive.
It's okay if you are using not so much of it... and trust me, once you realized you just paid $100 for a kit, you'll want to make it last forever.
You're much better of co-washing or finding a much cheaper alternative like "Hair One" at Sally's or Loreal EverCurl.

You would also expect that the customer service would be better for such an expensive product. Wrong again! They are HORRIBLE and rude. Don't expect a refund for their double billing.. :(

Not a bad product but certainly not a great one either.

on 3/18/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Not what it's hyped up to be. I have thick coarse hair and I blowed dried my hair and it still looked frizzy that I had to put in product and flatiron my hair. The only thing I like is how minty it made my scalp feel and so I gave it a 2. Not worth the money and so hyped up.

on 6/19/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really tried to like Wen. I wanted it to work. I followed the directions to the letter, used the 10 to 15 pumps, massaged it in, let it sit, etc., etc. My hair just came out looking oily. No matter how long I left the product on my hair to sit, no matter how much or little I left on as an added conditioner, my hair never looked clean or healthy or bouncy, or anything that was promised in the ad.

The peppermint oil also had a painful, numbing effect on my hands from massaging the cream onto my head. Disappointing.

I'm currently using up what I have left as just a conditioner after putting another shampoo on my hair. I've had better luck that way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE Wen ever since switching to Wen(Bought the gallon size) my hair has been noticably more healthy more shiny and much much more manageable. After using Wen for almost 2 years I decided to bleach my hair from a level 3 brown to bleach blonde, using beyond the zone radical bleach kit my hair had actually turned blonde but had a little bit of a yellow hint, used wella whit lady to tone it...but anyway make along story short after the bleaching with level 40 developer and then toning with level 30 my hair should have been fried or atleast damaged but I truly believe that the Wen helped protect my hair and had gotten it in such a healthy condition that all the chemicals didnt really hurt my hair. BTW Overall score is a 4 cause its sooo expensive,packaging quality is a 3 cause there always is some left in the bottom of the bottle that i just cant get lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I didn't even buy this product. My friend did and I was spending the night at her house. So I decided to try it. The only thing I like is that it smells nice. It made my hair feel like I just drenched it with oil and ran a comb through it. I could not wait to go home and wash and condition my hair with the stuff I have at home.

on 4/6/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

so this is supposed to replace your shampoo ...i used it for a while but honestly it doesn't deep clean my scalp...after a few days of using it i could smell my scalp (sweaty/dirty) EWEEEE - so what i do now is i just use it as a conditioner after shampooing it...i find it works great that way but not as i originally used it (or now it's supposed to be used). love how soft my hair feels...