Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.1

Not tested on animals

on 6/5/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good product,not miracolous as they make it seem on tv tho. It did leave my hair clean and nice,but I dont really think its worth the price and all the extra time it takes to wash your hair. Its really pricey since you need a lot of product and the bottle is really expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used this once & it actually felt so stripping & my hair was so hard to comb through & I use a specific wet comb from Sally's for this. Not a fan.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a 16 oz bottle from a family friend, and I was not impressed. I don't get it, it didnt do anything for my dry and coarse hair, but the family friend had raved about it for her hair. Maybe it just works for certain people and not for others? I used this as directed for over a week, and I didn't see any change at all really. It didnt hurt my hair, but it didnt help it either- and for the money I wouldn't notice the difference so why fork out that kind of cash? 16 pumps per shower and $32 a bottle? No thanks! I will stick to my normal moisturizing shampoos and conditioners from Matrix Smooth, Loreal professional line (light yellow one) or Joico moisture recovery. This just wasn't for me.

on 8/3/2014 5:31:00 PM

I was really excited to try this, & liked it when I very first got it-just like the commercial said, after just one use my hair looked different. My friends even noticed & my boyfriend did as well, my hair seemed shinier, & was bouncy & soft. After a couple days though, there was some issues. I have oily hair as it is, as well as issues with my scalp-not all scalp issues are due to dry scalp, actually many people have issues because their scalp is over oily. I'm one of those people. So anyway, after maybe about 3 days of using it, I noticed that my scalp was not only very itchy, but also my hair despite appearing clean smelled dirty-like for me when my hair is dirty I get this oily odor. What was happening was it just wasn't getting rid enough excess oil, which I know is the whole point of it, but in my case it just makes my scalp even worse. It also didn't seem to be doing anything to really slough off any of the dead skin already on my scalp, which caused it to build up & itch. I know Wen comes in different varieties now & am curious as to if any of them would work better for my type of hair & scalp, but it's kind of expensive for me to give it another try, plus there's so many different varieties now I wouldn't even know where to begin (I know the commercial says you can send it back, but often times it's not as easy as they make it out to be). I think this is probably a good product for some, but it just wasn't right for me, at least not the original one (or sweet almond mint).

If something supposedly does two things, it probably does them both very poorly. Made my hair greasy and dandruff everyday - how is that attractive? Plus, spending 45 minutes in the shower is a waste of time, money and water. Read countless reviews on how after time this will clog your hair follicles causing hair loss. If you are not getting rid of dead skin by cleansing your hair, then this will occur. Finally, I had fried my hair by going blonde, and you know what helped: trimming off the ends every month or so, not styling, going back to brunette, and leave-in treatments (I.e. Moroccan oil, etc.).

on 6/1/2014 12:22:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.

I'm so glad I only got a sample and not a whole bottle.

I found it was really drying to my hair, stripped a lot of my colour out, hurt my scalp, and I was left with really crunchy hair after using this product.

Save yourself the trouble and try something else.

It smelled good that's about all the good I have to say!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using Wen for about 3 years now and I will never go back to regular shampoo. I'm a mixed chick so have a mane of long very curly hair. After having it chemically relaxed at age 14 I've spent the last 10 years growing it and nursing it back to health. I used to struggle with it being v.dry & frizzy and looking like an actual afro! I decided to try Wen & have been converted for life! It smells amazing & feels lovely in both my hands & on my scalp & hair. My hair is tame now, much more manageble, v.soft & not to mention the growth I have is incredidale. My hair looks so healthy & I have my curls back now rather than frizz. I get so many complements on my hair now I think the product just really agrees with me. I hate the odd times now that I use regular shampoo it makes my hair feel almost squeeky clean like its been stripped of everything, it feels so harsh! I've had no problems with the UK customer service so I'm happy all round with this conditioner.

on 5/16/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have oily and greasy hair and so I have to wash my hair everyday. I tried salon & drugstore shampoos & conditioners and still. Well I got this as a gift 5 months ago and decided to try it today. Like it says, it doesn't lather so I was really worried since I already have greasy hair. I massaged it in and rinsed then did a second cleanse and left it in during the rest of my shower then rinsed in the end. I put it in a towel while I did my makeup. My hair was hard to comb through but after drying it with a blow dryer my hair looked better than it normally did. Considering the comments above, I may just use it 1-2x a week.

I just received the 30 day supply, and while I was very impressed with the packaging, and the friendly welcome kit, and glossy brochure, I am not impressed with the product. I believed all the hype that I would see this transformation in my hair. I thought it would have that "fresh from the salon" bounce and shine. No. I used it the exact way the instructions said. Then, after seeing how if I kept using the crazy amount they tell you to , there will be none left in a week! I like the whole concept, and I can not say it is a horrible product, just not better than most high end products out there. I don't think the price is over the top, if it worked the way the infomercials show it to work.