Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.3

Not tested on animals

I don’t know what was going on with those involved in the lawsuit bc they tested the Wen products and showed they were safe and multiple doctors, not affiliated w Wen, stated that the majority of the pics being sent in by “victims” were clearly forms of early female pattern baldness and other disease related hair loss. Did people just jump on the bandwagon....either knowingly to get $$ or bc they really thought Wen was the clause of their hair loss??? Who knows.

All I know is that I love the stuff. I have used it forever and will continue to. I have tried other cleansing conditioners and they just don’t clean like Wen does. The green label one is my favorite, as I really like the invigorating smell. I have never had an issue w Wen and will continue to use it and recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This GARBAGE MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!

Got a one use sample (use equal parts to wash 2x) in TSC's beauty tote. Time consuming. Very pricey. Hair was shiny & extremely clean & light feeling. If you have money to burn, give it a try but there are so many other great products on market. See my full review & tutorial at my YouTube below.

on 3/22/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be "hype" but I received a sample packet for Christmas and used it last month. I was impressed immediately. I figured it would make my hair soft at first, but less soft the second time third time etc but would make my hair feel "dirty" quickly. well, it feels exactly just as good every time I use it and my hair feel and appear clean longer than it does with my usual products. after purchasing a small bottle, I used it exclusively for 3 weeks and am very satisfied. please note that there are actually two authentic versions of this product, and most reviewers seem to like the chazdean.com version more than the wenhair.com/ wen.com. there's a difference in the Ingredients. Qvc and chazdean.com sell the one that I prefer; wen.com and sephora sell the gunthy renker one.

on 12/24/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've read through some comments below out of curiosity. Many people say it makes hair look dirty etc. even if they use less product. Well that is the mistake. You MUST use lots of product or it will not clean your hair! It is expensive, I have long hair and if I use this everyday it will not last a month. But I don't wash everyday. Before trying this, I tried a similar cleansing conditioner from Target. It was ok but never got my hair clean feeling and was harder to spread then wen. Wen gets my hair feeling clean and soft. I use half the recomended amount first and then the rest after washing it out, works for me. I have fragile hair that is prone to frizz, dry ends and scalp so this is good for me.

on 7/5/2014 7:24:00 PM

Overall, I'm really happy with Wen and its become my go to shampoo/conditioner. For reference, I have long, fine hair with a slight wave and my scalp is prone to dermatitis.

Things I like:
- Every other shampoo or conditioner I've tried, salon brand or otherwise, has left me needing to wash my hair every 1-2 days so my scalp doesn't itch and bleed and my hair doesn't look a mess. With Wen, I can go for 4-5 days between washes by brushing my hair and adding a little gloss to the ends.
- My scalp is the best its ever been and people have commented on how nice my hair looks.
- The smell is lovely.
- The price is steep, but I found I need nothing like what the package tells me to use. I have layered waist length fine hair, and a lot of it. I use 1-2 pumps to shampoo, 2-3 pumps for a second shampoo massage worked through to the ends, then 1 small pump for a leave in conditioner.
- I didn't have any bother at all cancelling my membership and ordering products individually off the website as needed.

What I don't like:
- I am getting a few scalp pimples.
- My hair does look slightly nicer when my hairdresser washes it with salon volumising shampoo and conditioner.

So in summary, there are a few negatives with Wen, but given its completely cleared my scalp problems up and leaves my hair looking very nice, its definitely become my HG shampoo/conditioner. In my case the positives outweigh the negatives.

PS - As for styling with the Wen conditioner left in, I find blow drying gives my hair a very, very straight effect. Its nice enough, but my favourite effect with Wen is obtained by chucking damp hair in a sock bun and having sock bun hair day one, then curly/wavy hair day two, then sleeping with my hair in a loose bun days three plus to preserve a curl/wave.

This experience has been absolutely painful. I ordered WEN's "trial" package earlier this year via their website. I promptly received my first shipment. I was not thoroughly impressed with the product; I have fine hair and felt it did not do anything for me, infact it made my hair limper. A few months passed and ANOTHER package came in the mail... At this point I started wondering why I was still receiving product. It turned out that they had been charging my credit card for all the interim months. When they tell you the product is only X amount of dollars monthly, what they mean is that they are SPLITTING up the payment over a few months because it is actually upwards of $100 CDN per shipment.

The only other notable experience for me was with their customer service. Firstly, expect to spend a significant amount of time on the phone with them. Secondly, do not expect to speak with someone pleasant. My first call was absolutely horrendous and actually left my angrier than I was originally. She was not accommodating and instead put the blame on me. I called back a second time (after speaking with my credit card company about how to get all the money I had spent reimbursed) and the second lady was lovely. However, I have not been reimbursed fully and will likely spend even more time trying to reclaim funds through my credit card company.

If you really want to try WEN, go and buy a bottle at Sephora. I cannot personally recommend the product, I have seen better results with numerous cheaper alternatives, and I can say with 100% confidence that ordering through their website was a nightmare.

on 6/22/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard about co-washing for years but had the usual concerns of oily roots, smell, that sort of thing. I finally decided to try Wen after if had been recommended rather heartily by a lovely Sephora associate in Willow Bend, TX, so I bought the starter kit. First off, I love the smell, it's just perfect. It doesn't seem to stick around after my hair has been styled, but I guess that's what the refresher is for! Anyway, I have very blonde highlighted hair with lowlights. I wash, blow dry and flat iron around 2-3x's/week. Basically, my hair is dry and damaged and fine. When I use the washing conditioner, I use 4 full pumps, which I thought was a lot until I read on here that you're supposed to use 10-15 pumps, that would be like half of the bottle!! But 4 pumps seems to be perfect for me, I make sure I get it all up in my scalp and massage it around, and of course the length but my hair is only shoulder length. There is no lathering at all which takes a minute to get used to, but the good massage action gets my hoar perfectly clean, no strange leftover odors. I usually let it sit while I finish showering, in case it continues to condition, then I gently rinse, I don't even rinse it entirely off. After several weeks of using this, I'm about halfway through the bottle and I bought the bigger size, even though my wallet cried. I can't see myself going back to mere foaming shampoos again, regardless of hair coloring status. I love this stuff. Oh, no greasy roots either, although if it starts to feel a little buildup-y I'll use a regular foaming shampoo (gently) maybe like twice a month, followed by the wen deep moisture mask.

on 5/14/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love, LOVE this product. The underhanded way they do the autoshipping though and make you try to get out of it, is practically criminal, but I digress.
My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Wen makes my hair soft, shiny and very manageable. Once in a while on a weekend, I will use regular shampoo and conditioner, and regret it - always going back to my Wen. I have stockpiled it so I don't run out. Great stuff.

on 4/28/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This cleans the hair but it leaves it too full and unmanageable. I do not get glossy, swinging hair as in the infomercials. I left it on as directed and rinsed very thoroughly. I just used it last night and my hair is difficult to manage today. It just does not rinse out enough or leave the hair really clean. I hate the mint smell. It lingers after the hair is dry. I get far better results with any of my other shampoos or conditioners. My daughter loves it and has fabulous hair, but it doesn't work for me.