Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

1.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

shit made my hair fall out. what more else to say?

on 12/15/2009 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm African American and wear my hair natural, about 2" in length. So, I'm a wash n' go kinda girl. I normally only shampoo my hair 1-2 times a week, I usually just use conditioner as a leave in. But after my trial week with this product I really thought this was for me (even though it made my time in the shower significantly longer). So, a friend and I chipped in on the gallon size from Amazon. The pump on that thing is huge, so with my short hair 1-2 pumps was more than sufficient, which was great because it would last me longer than the normal sized bottles.

But after a week of use, suddenly my back and chest started breaking out in various sized bright red bumps. This hadn't happened before, but just the same I stopped using it for a few days and sure enough the bumps slowly disappeared (with the help of some witch hazel). So, I'll have to pass on this and go back to my Carol's Daughter products. Also, I noticed that lately since the temperature has dropped into the 20's and teens this does not keep my curls moisturized throughout the day. By the evening my hair feels crunchy and dry.

After my first experience with Wen, I became a product advocate for Chaz Dean and encouraged all my friends to give it a try. I still suggest you all try it out (if you can find a sale or special) because for some people the results are beautiful (like my friend), but I'll stick to Carol's Daughter and stock up while they have the free shipping specials this week.