Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is thinning, dry and very fine (what a terrible combination). Bought this at Sephora when I ran out shampoo and at the annoying urging of the sales person.
First impression was surprised that I need 16 pump for my shoulder length hair? But I never follow instruction anyway, so I halves the pump.
Smell: Nice minty
Texture : Thick Conditioner type
Washing off: easy
Aftermath : It does leave my hair hydrated but a tiny bit oily on the scalp. When you have thinning hair that's a bad thing because it reveals your baldness. So the second try on this shampoo, I halved the pump into 4 pump. So my hair still very hydrated afterwards with a nice sheen. The scalp not oily this time but by the end of day it get oilier than when I was using my avalon biotin shampoo.
Conclusion : Not suitable for daily use. Use it for deep conditioning once a week. Extra caution for those with fine thinning hair

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using Wen for about 3 years now and I will never go back to regular shampoo. I'm a mixed chick so have a mane of long very curly hair. After having it chemically relaxed at age 14 I've spent the last 10 years growing it and nursing it back to health. I used to struggle with it being v.dry & frizzy and looking like an actual afro! I decided to try Wen & have been converted for life! It smells amazing & feels lovely in both my hands & on my scalp & hair. My hair is tame now, much more manageble, v.soft & not to mention the growth I have is incredidale. My hair looks so healthy & I have my curls back now rather than frizz. I get so many complements on my hair now I think the product just really agrees with me. I hate the odd times now that I use regular shampoo it makes my hair feel almost squeeky clean like its been stripped of everything, it feels so harsh! I've had no problems with the UK customer service so I'm happy all round with this conditioner.

on 7/15/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this from the shopping channel and it was a big mistake. The costumer service was horrible when you try to cancel an order they hound you and say they'll send you some of their other products. Trying to cancel my second order was a nightmare. The cleanser it's self was pretty moisturizing but it wasn't worth the money. I'd buy this if it was cheaper and they sold it in stores where I could return it without any hassle.

on 6/19/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised at the low rating. Generally I only buy products that get 80% or higher on here, but this one makes me rethink that practice, as I love love love this. I think it depends on your hair type.

First off I do not use the 16 pumps they say to use, according to their website that is the total pumps to use and you are to put half that amount in then rinse it out, then put the other half in and leave it in for a few minutes.

I did that for the first week then switched to 6 pumps total, I squished it around and left it on for a few minutes before rinsing out. I use my regular styling stuff.

Every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks I use a regular shampoo, something from Lush.

My hair has never looked better, and I had bleached it to the point that when wet it was stretchy and broke off super easy. There is no breakage or hair loss, I have normal, silky beautiful hair.

Judging from the reviews if you have dry or damaged hair then this will be a godsend. I like the pomegranate too but haven't tried other scents.

If you get a kit from a showcase store or their website you get two bottles and a bunch of other stuff for $60 (I like the mask, not crazy about the styling stick but for that price I just give them away).

on 3/11/2013 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is just ok. I have very long frizzy, curly hair. I washed my hair as directed every other day with this product and it took me 5 weeks to go through a whole bottle. This made no difference in my frizz at all. This just doesn't seem to work for my hair, I have other products that work better, I won't purchase this again.

on 12/28/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This isnt a horrible product but its deffinitly NOT worth the price for the ammount you have to use to get your hair/ scalp clean. first off the directions on the bottle are rediculous you do not need that many pumps, i think it depends more on your hairs type and texture if you have fine straight hair i wouldnt recomend cowashing because straight hair tends to get oily faster than curly hair like mine does. when i wash my hair with this its great if i leave it naturally curly. but if i use this and blow dry my hair straight it will be super greasy then next day. ABBA s/cconditioners have the same exact ingredients are are half the price, plus you get bigger bottles (: so all in all i wouldnt buy it again just because theres better alternatives out there

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought the variety pack many years ago and tried it and hated it. But I am an avid watcher (and buyer) of QVC and again wanted to try the products. I have color-treated, chemically straightened, fine hair. And have been told by my hairdresser to not use any products with sulfates in them. So again I bought the variety pack. This time I followed the directions to the letter- what a difference. I really like this product. I agree though that it is expensive and that might end up being the end for me but for now I will keep using it. I don't use any styling products and just blow dry my hair and my hair is shiny and clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really like this product it really works for my hair. I have thick wavy curly hair that I got from my mom's side I did not get my dad's side which is thin and straight hair. I have a problem with keeping it under control so my mom let me use it because her hair is worse than mine if she didn't use it. I used it and I love the way it makes my hair smell and the way it helps my hair form the curls. Also it helps with the frizz a little but I still do get some frizz in my hair so I use John Frida's product Frizz-ezz after I wash my hair and it works wonders. Also wash the product really good out of your hair cause if you don't your hair will look really dirty and not shiny and soft looking.

on 5/31/2011 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OK, so i too got sucked in! I was desperate and my hair is so dry at the ends that I could take no more. I have used the sally hair one product also which i really like when my hair gets damaged. It works well and gets my hair healthy again. I decided to try the wen version to see if it was any better. I have only tried the jojoba one (for color treated hair) of sallys Hair One and the almond mint version of Wen, so that is all i can really compare. Anyway, I really think the Wen is better for my hair...I can't believe I am saying this because I am the type of person that usually thinks the knock offs (like sallys Hair One) are just as good as the real stuff. They both soften my hair great even though I use much less of each than the instructions say and still get good results. I do feel like the Hair One might be more moisturizing than the Wen, but both products feel as though they are healing my hair. The Wen seems to "lather" more than the sallys hair one and I think my hair gets dirty faster with the Sallys hair one than with the wen, but I also think that I probably dont rinse it long enough. Anyway, I think that i will continue to use both - the sally Hair One is great for the convenience and price and the Wen seems lighter on my hair which I like, especially for the summer. I have not used "regular" shampoo in weeks and my hair really does look and feel so healthy and soft - now if these stupid layers would just grow.....!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend turned me on to Chaz Dean and I decided to give it a shot. The first time I used it, my hair was left greasy and gross! I was annoyed because it had worked so well for so many other people! Fast forward a month, she asked me if I'd been using it. I told her I hadn't and explained why. After a series of questions/answers, I gave it another try. It was amazing. The problem? I didn't rinse long enough:3 Shows how well I follow directions lol. Anyway, overall, it's the best product I've ever used. My hair is really curly and has a bit of a rough texture to it and it has just done miracles for me:)

Video Reviews & Tutorials