Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This GARBAGE MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a 16 oz bottle from a family friend, and I was not impressed. I don't get it, it didnt do anything for my dry and coarse hair, but the family friend had raved about it for her hair. Maybe it just works for certain people and not for others? I used this as directed for over a week, and I didn't see any change at all really. It didnt hurt my hair, but it didnt help it either- and for the money I wouldn't notice the difference so why fork out that kind of cash? 16 pumps per shower and $32 a bottle? No thanks! I will stick to my normal moisturizing shampoos and conditioners from Matrix Smooth, Loreal professional line (light yellow one) or Joico moisture recovery. This just wasn't for me.

on 3/22/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be "hype" but I received a sample packet for Christmas and used it last month. I was impressed immediately. I figured it would make my hair soft at first, but less soft the second time third time etc but would make my hair feel "dirty" quickly. well, it feels exactly just as good every time I use it and my hair feel and appear clean longer than it does with my usual products. after purchasing a small bottle, I used it exclusively for 3 weeks and am very satisfied. please note that there are actually two authentic versions of this product, and most reviewers seem to like the chazdean.com version more than the wenhair.com/ wen.com. there's a difference in the Ingredients. Qvc and chazdean.com sell the one that I prefer; wen.com and sephora sell the gunthy renker one.

on 12/24/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've read through some comments below out of curiosity. Many people say it makes hair look dirty etc. even if they use less product. Well that is the mistake. You MUST use lots of product or it will not clean your hair! It is expensive, I have long hair and if I use this everyday it will not last a month. But I don't wash everyday. Before trying this, I tried a similar cleansing conditioner from Target. It was ok but never got my hair clean feeling and was harder to spread then wen. Wen gets my hair feeling clean and soft. I use half the recomended amount first and then the rest after washing it out, works for me. I have fragile hair that is prone to frizz, dry ends and scalp so this is good for me.

I hate this!
I don't understand the whole "no shampoo" thing, although it has caught on pretty quickly. My mom had a bottle in her shower so I tried it. According to the commercials, I should have noticed an amazing difference after just one wash.
The only thing I noticed was greasy, flat hair and the sensation of weight on my head, like a petroleum jelly hat. If you enjoy spending up to $50 on QVC like mom did and still end up feeling totally unclean, this is for you!
All I want to know is this: does Chaz Dean use body washes? I think so. Then why wouldn't he or anyone else want clean hair? Meh, to each his or her own.

on 9/29/2014 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wen is great! I've bleached and bleached and colored and mistreated my hair since I was 13 years old. Wen tames my hair enough for me to be able to style it. My hair is (was, before the bleach made all my hair fall off) very coarse and very thick. This stuff makes it SO easy to untangle. I also use this with Nexxus Emergencee and I get amazing results.

on 6/22/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard about co-washing for years but had the usual concerns of oily roots, smell, that sort of thing. I finally decided to try Wen after if had been recommended rather heartily by a lovely Sephora associate in Willow Bend, TX, so I bought the starter kit. First off, I love the smell, it's just perfect. It doesn't seem to stick around after my hair has been styled, but I guess that's what the refresher is for! Anyway, I have very blonde highlighted hair with lowlights. I wash, blow dry and flat iron around 2-3x's/week. Basically, my hair is dry and damaged and fine. When I use the washing conditioner, I use 4 full pumps, which I thought was a lot until I read on here that you're supposed to use 10-15 pumps, that would be like half of the bottle!! But 4 pumps seems to be perfect for me, I make sure I get it all up in my scalp and massage it around, and of course the length but my hair is only shoulder length. There is no lathering at all which takes a minute to get used to, but the good massage action gets my hoar perfectly clean, no strange leftover odors. I usually let it sit while I finish showering, in case it continues to condition, then I gently rinse, I don't even rinse it entirely off. After several weeks of using this, I'm about halfway through the bottle and I bought the bigger size, even though my wallet cried. I can't see myself going back to mere foaming shampoos again, regardless of hair coloring status. I love this stuff. Oh, no greasy roots either, although if it starts to feel a little buildup-y I'll use a regular foaming shampoo (gently) maybe like twice a month, followed by the wen deep moisture mask.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Let me begin by saying I used this product for a year. At first I loved it. Hair felt softer and healthier. But in hindsight I should have paid attention to all the hair that was falling out every time I used it -10 time more than usual fall out. I ignored it thinking maybe it cyclical but it never stopped. Then early this year I noticed my part getting lot wider and I was able to see my scalp in some areas when hair was pulled back. I have always had such thick hair all my life that hairdressers always complained how long it took to cut all my thick hairs. So to go from plush, thick hair to bald spots overnight was utterly heart breaking. I should add it seemed to be overnight to me since my realization came in late, but the whole balding process was happening over the year it's just that I realized when it was really obvious. I went to my doctor for all sorts of tests to rule out health problems and everything came fine. No anemia or thyroid problems. Then it occurred to me it might be Wen since I had seen so much hair falling out when I washed it and it wasn't growing back at the same rate. I think the heaviness of the "conditioning rinse" and its inability to wash your scalp properly had clogged my scalp pores which therefore prevented from new hairs to grow out. I have now stopped it for a month and slowly am seeing hair getting fuller again and some new growth. So this confirmed to me it was Wen. And to think I was paying $32 every 3 weeks for a bottle of this only to make my bald! I basically threw close to $700 down the drain last year for this garbage. Really disappointed in this product.

I feel compelled to write a Wen review. I truly believe this product is 50/50 with people. It think it works really well for some, but can easily see how many would dislike it. For starters, if you want a shampoo that lathers, this isn't for you. And if you've never tried a non-foaming shampoo before you'll find out very quickly if you like it or not. It's an adjustment. I will say that even though I personally like this product, I really miss regular shampoo and conditioner from time to time. I was very cynical initially about Wen but alas, it does work very well for my fine/ thin/ over bleached hair which I am trying to grow out (back to my natural color). The most important tidbit of the product which is mentioned by many others is that you DO NOT need to use the full amount of pumps they recommend, that's ridiculous. Use as much as you feel you need to cover your hair/ scalp completely. Then add a bit more water to get a very *mild* frothing action, and massage massage massage your scalp, then comb through your hair. That's what's gotten me the best best results, and helps me hair detangle. I do not find this greasy or anything **BECAUSE** I really rinse it out! It even states on the bottle to make sure you rinse it out WELL. You have to rinse it out well, massage your scalp as your rinsing to make sure it doesn't end up to greasy. Don't use the product lackluster and then complain that your hair is too greasy. If you use the product correctly and then your hair is still too greasy then it just isn't jiving with your hair. But I do feel there's a good chunk of Wen haters who maybeeeee aren't really rinsing it out well enough (Not all...maybe some). Every two weeks I will still use a clarifying shampoo which is what many other reviewers do. Makes sense with or without Wen to get rid of product buildup. Makes my hair very manageable, frizz free, and soft. The new healthy hair growing in is very shiny! I am pleased. Took off a lippie because of course it's too expensive, but whatever it works!

on 12/6/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yick. I can't stand the minty smell - and even the other fragrances seem to have a minty note.
Blech!