Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

2.9

Not tested on animals

on 8/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner

Got a one use sample (use equal parts to wash 2x) in TSC's beauty tote. Time consuming. Very pricey. Hair was shiny & extremely clean & light feeling. If you have money to burn, give it a try but there are so many other great products on market. See my full review & tutorial at my YouTube below.

Worst product ever! I regret using it! One use and too much hair fall. I dumped it out so no one would be possibly tempted to use it since it's garbage. Thankfully it seemed to subside, the hair loss. I won't use it ever. I heard bad things but I thought, there are bad reviews on lots of products, correlation doesn't mean causation, but this is utter garbage. It apparently works for some people, but not all, and it's not worth trying it to me. I'm happier with Purely Perfect Cleansing Cream.

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

If something supposedly does two things, it probably does them both very poorly. Made my hair greasy and dandruff everyday - how is that attractive? Plus, spending 45 minutes in the shower is a waste of time, money and water. Read countless reviews on how after time this will clog your hair follicles causing hair loss. If you are not getting rid of dead skin by cleansing your hair, then this will occur. Finally, I had fried my hair by going blonde, and you know what helped: trimming off the ends every month or so, not styling, going back to brunette, and leave-in treatments (I.e. Moroccan oil, etc.).

This experience has been absolutely painful. I ordered WEN's "trial" package earlier this year via their website. I promptly received my first shipment. I was not thoroughly impressed with the product; I have fine hair and felt it did not do anything for me, infact it made my hair limper. A few months passed and ANOTHER package came in the mail... At this point I started wondering why I was still receiving product. It turned out that they had been charging my credit card for all the interim months. When they tell you the product is only X amount of dollars monthly, what they mean is that they are SPLITTING up the payment over a few months because it is actually upwards of $100 CDN per shipment.

The only other notable experience for me was with their customer service. Firstly, expect to spend a significant amount of time on the phone with them. Secondly, do not expect to speak with someone pleasant. My first call was absolutely horrendous and actually left my angrier than I was originally. She was not accommodating and instead put the blame on me. I called back a second time (after speaking with my credit card company about how to get all the money I had spent reimbursed) and the second lady was lovely. However, I have not been reimbursed fully and will likely spend even more time trying to reclaim funds through my credit card company.

If you really want to try WEN, go and buy a bottle at Sephora. I cannot personally recommend the product, I have seen better results with numerous cheaper alternatives, and I can say with 100% confidence that ordering through their website was a nightmare.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have long, curly, color treated, damaged, dry hair. I use heat about once to twice a week and was looking to stop uses shampoo and start hydrating my hair.

I really love this product. Honestly....It is very finicky and not easy to use at all, you have to be willing to go trial-and-error and have some days where your hair looks dirty, flat and gross. But when you get it right, the right amount of product, the right amount of rinses, the right styling product, your hair looks and feels amazing. While that much work is way more than I would like to do just to have clean and healthy hair, once you figure out what works for your particular head of hairs, it really becomes easy and quick.

My color has lasted so much longer since I started using Wen exclusively.

I recommend purchasing from Sephora or Qvc, not directly from Wen, as I have heard they have horrible customer service and billing procedures.

This is a product you either love or hate, I held back on reviewing until I had been exclusively using Wen to wash my hair for a significant amount of time. I can honestly say in my experience this product has been really good for my hair. I wish it was cheaper, but I really can say I will purchase again.

I refuse to call myself a "wen girl", it really isnt THAT amazing, you can get similar results from other products for much cheaper, but there is some value to the hype, my scalp is healthy, I have less hair coming out in the shower and my color lasts much longer.

on 3/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Worst thing out there. Gave me bumps on my scalp. List hair while using thus. you should check out the Youtube videos on thinning hair from Wen-I was shocked at how common this was for others.
Made my hair look greasy and like I did not wash it. Two of my friends ordered it and hated it too. Big word of caution never ever order on their auto ship program. The company will not cancel your order and customer service hangs up on you. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Both my friend and I had to cancel our credit cards to stop getting them from sending products to us on auto ship and then thy kept sending letters for months to tell us our kit was ready to ship and send ament when we cancelled it.
The left over product I'd work as a good dog shampoo for my friends dog.

on 2/6/2014 7:40:00 PM

Wow this stuff really does suck. I have highlighted slightly wavy hair that I use heat on every few days or so, so I am always looking for that miracle product that will leave my hair shiny and fully of body. After seeing those infomercials every single morning, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. This weighed my hair down, took forever to dry because of how greasy my hair felt (and my hair is SO DRY) and my hair felt dirty afterwards. The only thing this has going for it is the smell, so I kept the dry mist just to refresh my hair every now and then because it smells incredible. This was so bad, that i would feel like crap if I passed it along to someone else. At least I gave it a try!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have very thick, coarse hair that has been through a lot of heat damage. I use to flat iron my hair at everyday a few years back, but now I curl my hair about once a week. So my hair does still come in contact with occasional heat. This product does a great job at making my hair feel clean and fresh and reversing the damaging effects of the heat.

How I use it - when I get in the shower I wet my hair for about 1-1/2 minutes to make sure it is thoroughly soaked. It says to apply about 24 pumps for my length of hair (my hair is down to my mid back), but I only apply enough pumps that I feel is necessary. It says to apply it to hair one time, rinse, and then apply it again and let it work it's magic. I apply about 6-7 pumps the first time, add some water to it, rub it around, rinse, and then repeat. I then wash my body, shave, do whatever I need to do, and then rinse it out with cold water. Now here is where all the complaints from other people come in...they do not rinse the product out of their hair well enough. So they say that their hair feels weighed down, oily, etc. You HAVE to rinse it out completely and well. It takes me about two minutes to ensure that I get all of the Wen out of my hair. Once it is all out, I wrap it up in a towel, let it dry for 5 minutes, and then apply my products.

When my hair is dry, it feels and looks great. I really, really like this product. I use it along with the anti-frizz serum and the vanilla conditioning treatment. I got three cleansing conditioners, the anti-frizz product, and the conditioning treatment for free. A friend of mine get's a box containing five Wen product every four months for $40, so she gave me the package that came because she finds it too much work. Which is true, it does require time and effort. I wash my hair every Sunday and Thursday, so about every four days. So I usually have the time to wash my hair with this, but when I don't have time I just use my regular shampoo and conditioner.

Overall, great product and I would highly recommend it to others. Just make sure you use it correctly, or else the results won't be good.

UPDATE - After using this product for a while, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be continuing to use this product. At first it was great and it does make my hair feel nice afterwards, but I've been noticing more hair fall than usual. I thought I was just noticing my hair fall because of people bringing it up when using this product, but it really does make your hair fall out. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it is. For that reason, I will no longer be using this product.