Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals

on 3/13/2017 3:36:00 PM

Very mediocre product. I have quite thick hair, so had to use LOADS of product to get a decent result. For the price, this is just unsustainable.
A pro is that I don't have to wash my hair as much.

on 1/3/2017 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So much of my hair fell out due to this product. I have stopped using it and my hair continues to fall out at an alarming rate. I searched the internet and this seems to be common. There is a lawsuit against Wen at this time. Wish I would have known.

on 5/7/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was SO dissatisfied with this "shampoo"! It was terrible. It made my fine, straight hair look oily and lifeless! And it DID NOT matter how much I used (I tried it all, a little or a lot) and every time it looked worse than the time before. The smell was great, but that is the only good thing about it. Otherwise, it was awful! You know when you take a shower, and you accidently use the conditioner twice rather than the shampoo followed by the conditioner and you can't figure out why your hair looks so terrible for the rest of the day? That is Wen in a nutshell. Very displeased.

on 8/26/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ugh! Okay, folks, don't rate WEN low because the distributor of the product keeps sending you WEN! Here's the deal: there are three ways to get WEN: 1) Chaz Dean's personal salon website (or walk into his salon in Beverly Hills). This is safe. Anything you buy is a one time shipment. 2) QVC. This is safe. Anything you buy is a one time shipment (unless clearly specified as a three month shipment, etc.). 3) Sephora. This is safe. 4) Gunther-Renky (sp?). They are NOT safe. They are the people doing the infomercials you see on tv. Unbeknownst to most people, you are joining a "club" with authomatic monthly shipments that are very expensive. It is very hard to get them to discontinue your membership. Be very careful.

Anyway, I use WEN and do like it. I only buy from QVC. It is very expensive. The key is finding the right formula for your hair, using enough product to properly cleanse your hair, and making sure you rinse it all out.

on 7/15/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this from the shopping channel and it was a big mistake. The costumer service was horrible when you try to cancel an order they hound you and say they'll send you some of their other products. Trying to cancel my second order was a nightmare. The cleanser it's self was pretty moisturizing but it wasn't worth the money. I'd buy this if it was cheaper and they sold it in stores where I could return it without any hassle.

on 3/18/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Not what it's hyped up to be. I have thick coarse hair and I blowed dried my hair and it still looked frizzy that I had to put in product and flatiron my hair. The only thing I like is how minty it made my scalp feel and so I gave it a 2. Not worth the money and so hyped up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

SO FAR, I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!! My hair type: Oily on the scalp, dry dry on the ends because of years of bleaching and coloring!! (I stopped coloring/bleaching btw, and the new growth is beautiful!) Fine hair like Jennifer Anistons. :)

So I was battling my problem with oily scalp and dry ends and I saw the commercials and thought...This must be fake. I went to Sephora and bought it anyway because I really wanted to try it. I dispense it on to my palm and my first thought: This is going to make my hair SUPER greasy and SUPER limp, I was so dissappointed.... But I went ahead and followed the instructions, massaged vigorously and rinsed off. After I rinsed off I was still skeptical..I thought my hair is going to look horrible...then when I started drying my hair is when I started seeing SHINY healthy looking hair, I couldn't believe it. My hair is So soft to the touch it feels like silk. Plus it smells great and it is clarifying!

I am definitely a convert to natural products, as well as never coloring my hair, you will see a great change hopefully!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

made my scalp so itchy. Also noticed more hair in the hair trapper of my shower. After reading that this product will make you lose your hair, and eventually bald, I returned it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Leaves my hair greasy after about 12 hrs post washing but great for when I don't have time to wash and then deep condtion, rinse, etc. I alternate with other shampoos and it's great for keeping my highly color-treated and damaged hair from falling out and breaking when I need to do a quick wash but for when I want my hair to look great and have the time, I'd use a reg shampoo + deep condition. I have baby fine hair, very damaged and do better washing every few days and letting the oils build slowly but sometimes you have to wash and re-style, for that, this is great. Not the best results afterwards for styling, hair is flat but at least not the clumpy, dull look when I'm going between washings.

on 9/23/2012 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are going to try Wen, don't fall into the seasonal scents or the special other scents, just start with this one. I am not saying Wen is HG, but this is by far the best one out of the 3 that I have tried for my fine wavy locks. It is the original. So if you are going to try WEN...start with this. I even prefer this over the famed Pumpkin Ginger (not in scent but in performance). So again, I am going on record as saying the SAM is my fave of the Wen's.

As for Wen itself, it's not bad. I am using it solely right now with the bi weekly clarifying I do. But for some one that needs to wash every day to style her hair...this is a nice product for it. Is it everything the TV infomercials say? No, not even close. My color still faded eventually...maybe gave me a week or two more time. My hair feels fine, but it isn't PERFECT like they show. So if you get the infomercials out of your head and try it objectively, follow the rules (except play with how much you need) this can be a very nice product to use. Will I rebuy? Maybe.

Video Reviews & Tutorials