Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

on 8/24/2016 12:01:00 PM

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is thinning, dry and very fine (what a terrible combination). Bought this at Sephora when I ran out shampoo and at the annoying urging of the sales person.
First impression was surprised that I need 16 pump for my shoulder length hair? But I never follow instruction anyway, so I halves the pump.
Smell: Nice minty
Texture : Thick Conditioner type
Washing off: easy
Aftermath : It does leave my hair hydrated but a tiny bit oily on the scalp. When you have thinning hair that's a bad thing because it reveals your baldness. So the second try on this shampoo, I halved the pump into 4 pump. So my hair still very hydrated afterwards with a nice sheen. The scalp not oily this time but by the end of day it get oilier than when I was using my avalon biotin shampoo.
Conclusion : Not suitable for daily use. Use it for deep conditioning once a week. Extra caution for those with fine thinning hair

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a 16 oz bottle from a family friend, and I was not impressed. I don't get it, it didnt do anything for my dry and coarse hair, but the family friend had raved about it for her hair. Maybe it just works for certain people and not for others? I used this as directed for over a week, and I didn't see any change at all really. It didnt hurt my hair, but it didnt help it either- and for the money I wouldn't notice the difference so why fork out that kind of cash? 16 pumps per shower and $32 a bottle? No thanks! I will stick to my normal moisturizing shampoos and conditioners from Matrix Smooth, Loreal professional line (light yellow one) or Joico moisture recovery. This just wasn't for me.

Worst product ever! I regret using it! One use and too much hair fall. I dumped it out so no one would be possibly tempted to use it since it's garbage. Thankfully it seemed to subside, the hair loss. I won't use it ever. I heard bad things but I thought, there are bad reviews on lots of products, correlation doesn't mean causation, but this is utter garbage. It apparently works for some people, but not all, and it's not worth trying it to me. I'm happier with Purely Perfect Cleansing Cream.

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

If something supposedly does two things, it probably does them both very poorly. Made my hair greasy and dandruff everyday - how is that attractive? Plus, spending 45 minutes in the shower is a waste of time, money and water. Read countless reviews on how after time this will clog your hair follicles causing hair loss. If you are not getting rid of dead skin by cleansing your hair, then this will occur. Finally, I had fried my hair by going blonde, and you know what helped: trimming off the ends every month or so, not styling, going back to brunette, and leave-in treatments (I.e. Moroccan oil, etc.).

This experience has been absolutely painful. I ordered WEN's "trial" package earlier this year via their website. I promptly received my first shipment. I was not thoroughly impressed with the product; I have fine hair and felt it did not do anything for me, infact it made my hair limper. A few months passed and ANOTHER package came in the mail... At this point I started wondering why I was still receiving product. It turned out that they had been charging my credit card for all the interim months. When they tell you the product is only X amount of dollars monthly, what they mean is that they are SPLITTING up the payment over a few months because it is actually upwards of $100 CDN per shipment.

The only other notable experience for me was with their customer service. Firstly, expect to spend a significant amount of time on the phone with them. Secondly, do not expect to speak with someone pleasant. My first call was absolutely horrendous and actually left my angrier than I was originally. She was not accommodating and instead put the blame on me. I called back a second time (after speaking with my credit card company about how to get all the money I had spent reimbursed) and the second lady was lovely. However, I have not been reimbursed fully and will likely spend even more time trying to reclaim funds through my credit card company.

If you really want to try WEN, go and buy a bottle at Sephora. I cannot personally recommend the product, I have seen better results with numerous cheaper alternatives, and I can say with 100% confidence that ordering through their website was a nightmare.

on 6/19/2014 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love Wen! 6 months,and I will NOT use any thing else, I use 10 pumps,on wet hair,comb through,rinse,rinse rinse,repeat 10 pumps with 4 pumps 6-13,comb through,leave on for 3-5 minutes,rinse,rinse rinse,rinse,! I do this 3 times s week. I get my hair foiled every 12 weeks now Instead of every 6 weeks! my color just doesn't fade,oh and I take my wen with me when it's time for color,! Thank you Mr. Dean!

on 6/2/2014 7:42:00 PM

Firstly, this product had a gorgeous fragrance, the almond and mint work especially well together. With this being said, mint is a lovely ingredient to have in cosmetic products as it has a certain freshness. Personally my scalp felt amazing after using this. I can imagine however that those with sensitive skin may not react as well as I did.

In terms of effectiveness, yes, my hair did feel much softer after correct application of this product. HOWEVER, A LOT of hair came out in the process! So much in fact that it did shock me a little bit. I imagine that a lot of the hair was dead and ready to come out to begin with, however the amount that came out this time is comparable to three regular showers worth of hair loss for me. For this reason, my rating for this product is reduced significantly. I may consider repurchasing this product for use once every 1-2 months, when I'm in the mood for some shedding... however no more than that!

on 6/1/2014 12:22:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.