Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 3/22/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be "hype" but I received a sample packet for Christmas and used it last month. I was impressed immediately. I figured it would make my hair soft at first, but less soft the second time third time etc but would make my hair feel "dirty" quickly. well, it feels exactly just as good every time I use it and my hair feel and appear clean longer than it does with my usual products. after purchasing a small bottle, I used it exclusively for 3 weeks and am very satisfied. please note that there are actually two authentic versions of this product, and most reviewers seem to like the chazdean.com version more than the wenhair.com/ wen.com. there's a difference in the Ingredients. Qvc and chazdean.com sell the one that I prefer; wen.com and sephora sell the gunthy renker one.

I hate this!
I don't understand the whole "no shampoo" thing, although it has caught on pretty quickly. My mom had a bottle in her shower so I tried it. According to the commercials, I should have noticed an amazing difference after just one wash.
The only thing I noticed was greasy, flat hair and the sensation of weight on my head, like a petroleum jelly hat. If you enjoy spending up to $50 on QVC like mom did and still end up feeling totally unclean, this is for you!
All I want to know is this: does Chaz Dean use body washes? I think so. Then why wouldn't he or anyone else want clean hair? Meh, to each his or her own.

on 7/3/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

OK, I know I have reviewed this before, but I am a total Wen fan. I order the gallons when QVC runs them once a year -- you get two shipments per year -- $177/gallon. I realize this seems very expensive, but as I told my husband, I cut my own hair and I don't color so look at all the money I save there! I do as Chas recommends -- one shampoo to cleanse and a second to be left on while completing your shower and to condition. I only trim my (beyond shoulder) hair about twice a year and I NEVER see a split end. I also only blow dry during the winter months as I can't stand a hot dryer at any other time. I have very fine hair that's not very thick and this leaves my hair absolutely beautiful!

on 5/14/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love, LOVE this product. The underhanded way they do the autoshipping though and make you try to get out of it, is practically criminal, but I digress.
My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Wen makes my hair soft, shiny and very manageable. Once in a while on a weekend, I will use regular shampoo and conditioner, and regret it - always going back to my Wen. I have stockpiled it so I don't run out. Great stuff.

I just received the 30 day supply, and while I was very impressed with the packaging, and the friendly welcome kit, and glossy brochure, I am not impressed with the product. I believed all the hype that I would see this transformation in my hair. I thought it would have that "fresh from the salon" bounce and shine. No. I used it the exact way the instructions said. Then, after seeing how if I kept using the crazy amount they tell you to , there will be none left in a week! I like the whole concept, and I can not say it is a horrible product, just not better than most high end products out there. I don't think the price is over the top, if it worked the way the infomercials show it to work.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have very thick, coarse hair that has been through a lot of heat damage. I use to flat iron my hair at everyday a few years back, but now I curl my hair about once a week. So my hair does still come in contact with occasional heat. This product does a great job at making my hair feel clean and fresh and reversing the damaging effects of the heat.

How I use it - when I get in the shower I wet my hair for about 1-1/2 minutes to make sure it is thoroughly soaked. It says to apply about 24 pumps for my length of hair (my hair is down to my mid back), but I only apply enough pumps that I feel is necessary. It says to apply it to hair one time, rinse, and then apply it again and let it work it's magic. I apply about 6-7 pumps the first time, add some water to it, rub it around, rinse, and then repeat. I then wash my body, shave, do whatever I need to do, and then rinse it out with cold water. Now here is where all the complaints from other people come in...they do not rinse the product out of their hair well enough. So they say that their hair feels weighed down, oily, etc. You HAVE to rinse it out completely and well. It takes me about two minutes to ensure that I get all of the Wen out of my hair. Once it is all out, I wrap it up in a towel, let it dry for 5 minutes, and then apply my products.

When my hair is dry, it feels and looks great. I really, really like this product. I use it along with the anti-frizz serum and the vanilla conditioning treatment. I got three cleansing conditioners, the anti-frizz product, and the conditioning treatment for free. A friend of mine get's a box containing five Wen product every four months for $40, so she gave me the package that came because she finds it too much work. Which is true, it does require time and effort. I wash my hair every Sunday and Thursday, so about every four days. So I usually have the time to wash my hair with this, but when I don't have time I just use my regular shampoo and conditioner.

Overall, great product and I would highly recommend it to others. Just make sure you use it correctly, or else the results won't be good.

UPDATE - After using this product for a while, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be continuing to use this product. At first it was great and it does make my hair feel nice afterwards, but I've been noticing more hair fall than usual. I thought I was just noticing my hair fall because of people bringing it up when using this product, but it really does make your hair fall out. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it is. For that reason, I will no longer be using this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ick. I've been using it for a week and a half now, and my hair is dull and kind of matted looking, and its especially bad when I wake up in the morning as far as the matted-ness goes. The first few days my hair was shiny and nice. But it just went downhill from there. I wanted to try it because I color my hair red and it fades quickly. I thought a Conditioner-only wash would help retain color. Nope! It doesn't retain color any better than the color-treated versions of drugstore shampoo/conditioners. My hair is normal thickness, and its a short bob style and its straight, so I tried the sweet almond mint. I thought it smelled and felt nice when I was using it. But if I have to use a clarifying shampoo a couple times a week for this to work, I might as well just save my money and go back to my old stuff. And this was expensive! It was $30 or so for 16oz pump bottle. And its about 2/3 gone after a week and a half! I followed the directions to a T and used 10 pumps for the first wash and 5 for the 2nd, and massaged and rinsed well just like they said. Ugh, I'm going back to my old stuff that is cheaper, lasts longer, and works better.

on 12/13/2013 12:30:00 PM

Never ever ever ever again!! There wasn't one thing that I liked about this product or the company. It's ridiculously expensive and even after following the instructions perfectly, until the bottle was gone, my hair was limp and heavy. I had a very unpleasant experience with the company as well.. They charged me more every month even after I asked to discontinue. I ended up with a bill of over 100$ for one bottle of shampoo. Even if you can avoid dealing with their online company I wouldn't recommend this. After many years of trying this and that, I ended up going back to a simple shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner.

on 10/17/2013 12:49:00 PM

I JUST WROTE A WHOLE REVIEW, AND MY LAPTOP TURNED OFF. THIS PRODUCT IS NO GOOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AS TO WHY?? FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AS TO HOW TO RESTORE YOUR HAIR. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE, AS THIS PRODUCT HAS RUINED MANY PEOPLES HAIR. HAIR IS THE PRIDE,AND JOY OF MANY PEOPLE. THIS PRODUCT WILL CONTINUE TO RUIN YOUR SCALP, AND CONTINUE TO MAKE YOU LOOSE SO MUCH HAIR. IT CAN DESROY YOUR SHAFT OF YOUR HAIR. THIS MEANS IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR, THIN, AND MIGHT NEVER GROW BACK AGAIN. I CAN TRY TO HELP YOU RESTORE WHAT YOU LOST. I HAVE BEEN IN FOR TWO MONTHS. MY HAIR WAS LONG, THICK, AND CURLY. IT IS NOW SHORT. THIN, AND VERY PINK. MY SCALP WAS RED, AND BLEEDING FROM THIS PRODUCT!! MY ADVISE TO YOU. 24 HOUR TEST ON A SECTION, OR DONT BUY IT. THEY HAVE A NEW CHEMICAL OR SOMETHING THEY ADDED SINCE 2008.GOOGLE THE STORIES BEFORE YOU TRY IT. THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD PRODUCTS OUT THERE. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE A VICTIM. YOU CAN CONTACT ME. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE, THAT I CAN RESTORE YOU HAIR. I JUST FOUND A SOULUTION TO MY PROBLEM AFTER TWO MONTHS. I PRAY IT WORKS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME. I WILL TELL YOU THE STORY!@! I WILL NOT BE DONATING TO THE CHILDREN CONFIDENTIALLY THIS YEAR! NO HAIR, DUE TO WEN. SO, I WILL GET COUSEL, NOT FOR ME. BUT, TO MAKE SURE THE CHILDREN HAVE HAIR FOR THE HOLIDAY. THANK YOU.

on 10/2/2013 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was skeptical of this because of it being an infomercial and all, but a friend who had been using it said that it made her hair noticeably softer so I decided to give it a try. Overall, I'm really pretty happy with it. The price is a little ridiculous but it's possible to make the stuff last. You definitely DO NOTTTT need to use the amount that they recommend -- use as much as you feel you need. I have fine hair but it's very thick, and the ends are bleached from having an ombre. This stuff makes my hair so soft that after the first use I couldn't stop touching it. The smell is nice but not overwhelming. I feel like it works best if I do sections at a time, and really scrub my scalp. like, REALLY scrub. It's usually annoying but my hair feels really clean after without the feeling of it being stripped or coated in waxiness. I use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks; it starts to feel like it looses its cleaning power after that long.

I noticed the ends of my hair looked and felt much healthier after a month of using it, and my hairdresser has commented about how healthy it is (I've been using it for 9 months now). All in all, it's worth the price, not a scam (other than how much they recommend you to use at once), and it gives great results. I buy a new one every time I run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials