Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

No Image

3.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This GARBAGE MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!

Got a one use sample (use equal parts to wash 2x) in TSC's beauty tote. Time consuming. Very pricey. Hair was shiny & extremely clean & light feeling. If you have money to burn, give it a try but there are so many other great products on market. See my full review & tutorial at my YouTube below.

on 8/3/2014 5:31:00 PM

I was really excited to try this, & liked it when I very first got it-just like the commercial said, after just one use my hair looked different. My friends even noticed & my boyfriend did as well, my hair seemed shinier, & was bouncy & soft. After a couple days though, there was some issues. I have oily hair as it is, as well as issues with my scalp-not all scalp issues are due to dry scalp, actually many people have issues because their scalp is over oily. I'm one of those people. So anyway, after maybe about 3 days of using it, I noticed that my scalp was not only very itchy, but also my hair despite appearing clean smelled dirty-like for me when my hair is dirty I get this oily odor. What was happening was it just wasn't getting rid enough excess oil, which I know is the whole point of it, but in my case it just makes my scalp even worse. It also didn't seem to be doing anything to really slough off any of the dead skin already on my scalp, which caused it to build up & itch. I know Wen comes in different varieties now & am curious as to if any of them would work better for my type of hair & scalp, but it's kind of expensive for me to give it another try, plus there's so many different varieties now I wouldn't even know where to begin (I know the commercial says you can send it back, but often times it's not as easy as they make it out to be). I think this is probably a good product for some, but it just wasn't right for me, at least not the original one (or sweet almond mint).

on 4/28/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This cleans the hair but it leaves it too full and unmanageable. I do not get glossy, swinging hair as in the infomercials. I left it on as directed and rinsed very thoroughly. I just used it last night and my hair is difficult to manage today. It just does not rinse out enough or leave the hair really clean. I hate the mint smell. It lingers after the hair is dry. I get far better results with any of my other shampoos or conditioners. My daughter loves it and has fabulous hair, but it doesn't work for me.

on 3/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Worst thing out there. Gave me bumps on my scalp. List hair while using thus. you should check out the Youtube videos on thinning hair from Wen-I was shocked at how common this was for others.
Made my hair look greasy and like I did not wash it. Two of my friends ordered it and hated it too. Big word of caution never ever order on their auto ship program. The company will not cancel your order and customer service hangs up on you. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Both my friend and I had to cancel our credit cards to stop getting them from sending products to us on auto ship and then thy kept sending letters for months to tell us our kit was ready to ship and send ament when we cancelled it.
The left over product I'd work as a good dog shampoo for my friends dog.

on 2/6/2014 7:40:00 PM

Wow this stuff really does suck. I have highlighted slightly wavy hair that I use heat on every few days or so, so I am always looking for that miracle product that will leave my hair shiny and fully of body. After seeing those infomercials every single morning, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. This weighed my hair down, took forever to dry because of how greasy my hair felt (and my hair is SO DRY) and my hair felt dirty afterwards. The only thing this has going for it is the smell, so I kept the dry mist just to refresh my hair every now and then because it smells incredible. This was so bad, that i would feel like crap if I passed it along to someone else. At least I gave it a try!

on 12/6/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yick. I can't stand the minty smell - and even the other fragrances seem to have a minty note.
Blech!

on 6/19/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised at the low rating. Generally I only buy products that get 80% or higher on here, but this one makes me rethink that practice, as I love love love this. I think it depends on your hair type.

First off I do not use the 16 pumps they say to use, according to their website that is the total pumps to use and you are to put half that amount in then rinse it out, then put the other half in and leave it in for a few minutes.

I did that for the first week then switched to 6 pumps total, I squished it around and left it on for a few minutes before rinsing out. I use my regular styling stuff.

Every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks I use a regular shampoo, something from Lush.

My hair has never looked better, and I had bleached it to the point that when wet it was stretchy and broke off super easy. There is no breakage or hair loss, I have normal, silky beautiful hair.

Judging from the reviews if you have dry or damaged hair then this will be a godsend. I like the pomegranate too but haven't tried other scents.

If you get a kit from a showcase store or their website you get two bottles and a bunch of other stuff for $60 (I like the mask, not crazy about the styling stick but for that price I just give them away).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is just meh. I used my mum's bottle for a week or so and it's not awful but for me it's no better than a really good drugstore conditioner. I absolutely would not give you 25 for a bottle. I really hate the smell - I don't get anything sweet almond, and the mind just makes it smell like toothpaste. Wouldn't purchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was really really hoping Wen would be the miracle product they advertise it to be on those home shopping networks, but this is the most expensive hair care I've ever bought and it was total rubbish!! I did not get results like those shown on the ads. My hair reacted the same as if I had used a really cheap shampoo and no conditioner. It was dry, hugely frizzy, knotty, breaking off and just unmanagable. I also got a TONNE of hairfall from this product - scary stuff, like entire chunks of hair just coming out. I've been conditioner-only washing for a while now so I had no problem with the technique which may explain why I didn't get a greasy scalp with this. For me it was just like using shampoo (a really bad, expensive, time-consuming shampoo).

At the moment, the best routine for me is conditioner only washing (with an actual conditioner not this Wen crap) followed by a silicone conditioner to condition and then a tonne of leave-ins like Kerastase Ultime Elixir. I mix this up with the occassional shampoo with a highly moisturising shampoo to deal with my roots which are virgin and do get greasy after a while.