Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals

I have fine, limp, dull hair so ordered this one night in semi-desperation watching the infomercial. As a side note, I've never ordered anything from an infomercial before or since! Anyway, that was a couple of years ago and I'm still using Wen. I have tried the other "flavors" thinking the only difference was the scent but nothing works as well as the Sweet Almond Mint. I can't stand the whole auto ship thing and the fact that this stuff is crazy expensive but I swear by it. The results are absolutely amazing for me. On the occasion where I have to use regular shampoo, it really hits home why I put up with the whole sales thing at Wen... because this stuff works like nothing else for me. I don't have to use any gels or conditioners or other products in my hair. I've never in my life had natural lift and body like I get with this shampoo. Oh, and I have hard well water, too.

on 7/27/2013 2:39:00 AM

This product is great but it depends on how you style it and your air type. First off you need to use a large quantity for one wash. Secondly if you wanna blow dry straight this product isn't for you because your hair is over moisturized so the oils will just burn the hair from the heat. Thirdly, if you have hair that you don't need to style and with a little moisture you can just let it be and look wonderful well then this is for you. I have curly hair that is thin and a long thin face. I need to style it so I get more volume and often straighten so Wen does not improve my looks. Great product and idea but not for me

on 6/3/2013 4:36:00 AM

I want to try this.

I always wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner. Finally went to sephora o see they sell the sweet almond mint in single bottles and in a kit. I bough the kit that came with the cleansing conditioner, the hydrating sweet mint deep cleansing conditioner, and the hydrating conditioning spray. I was all excited got home took my shower followed the directions carefully. I used 10 pumps I have pretty thin hair but it can soak up deep conditionings without getting greasy. I swore like almost half the bottle was gone after one use! I thought it was kind of pathetic considering the price isn't the best. I normally use the Moroccan oil brand volumizing shampoo and conditioner which normal costs 20 dollars for a small bottle but its my favorite stuff that leaves your hair healthy an shiny an I'm used to paying high prices or hair car and your only supposed to use the one bottle so its not to bad but if your thinking that this stuff will give you magical results and no fuzz while blowing drying think again it made my hair shiny and smoot the first time the second time just was okay the third time my hair got greasy easy it builds up to easily on your scalp when you use to much I recommend you use five pumps as appose to the 8-12 suggested pumps because you really don't need that much conditioner on your hair also I notice after I was the wen off my hair feels dry as not smooth like my Moroccan oil so what I've been doing is using wen then using moroccan oils conditioner for that smoothness and my hair looks amazing after blow drying I don't even both straightening

on 11/16/2012 9:22:00 PM

Iíve wanted to try Wen for over a year, but balked at the idea of shopping from an infomercial. So I was very excited when Sephora picked up this line. If its available at Sephora, it must be good, right? I hopped on Productville and was terrified of all the reviews. Would this product really make me go bald? Would they still be in business after years of sales if it was making people lose their hair? After more deliberating than anyone should ever do for shampoo, I bought it. Worst case scenario, I bought it from Sephora and they have a phenomenal return policy.

So product reviewÖ For waist-length hair, I use about 6 pumps. Since my scalp is oily, I only used 2 pumps, rub my palms together, and lightly spread it from the start of my hairline down to the base of my neck. Wet the product, massage for about 30 seconds, and then rinse clean. Then I add 3-4 pumps to the length of my hair from the base of my neck down to the tips, adding gradually more product as I get closer to the ends. I donít use nearly as much product as recommended, but my hair feels fully coated by the product. I twist my hair into a bun and secure with a clippy so I can go about the rest of my shower. Right before I hop out, I rinse the product out. It rinses out easily and fairly quickly. I think it rinses faster for me because I donít use as much product as others have stated.

The results are phenomenal. I was skeptical walking in and was 100% prepared to return this product immediately. ButÖ I didnít. My hair felt moisturized and I was able to run a brush through it when my hair was towel dry. I let my hair air dry and was amazed at how shiny and soft my hair felt. When I checked the mirror at lunch, I had no flyaways and my highlights looked brighter. I use the shampoo every other day for the last week and have had the same results each time. While its more expensive than Iíve ever spent on shampoo, the results are absolutely worth the price.

About Me: I have very long (beyond mid-back), straight, Asian hair that has received full highlights every 2 months for the last 2.5 years. Before highlights, my jet black hair was super healthy, shiny, and strong. 2 years of bleach processing later and its super dry, brittle, frizzy, and crunchy at the end. Iíve started test driving different hair care lines to find something to add moisture and shine back to my hair and restore its softness.

on 8/9/2012 3:29:00 PM

Why has there not been a class action against this Chaz Dean, character?, This product is absolutely, BS, I sent for an order, which i HATED by the way and this FRAUD company keep sending bills after i told them their product was worse than CRAP and canceled, I hope he pays his ACTRESSES much money to back this bs!!

on 2/4/2012 12:31:00 AM

I feel suckered into falling for this. I was convinces I'd have amazing hair like they did in the infomercials, this isnt anything special. This is JUST a conditioner. It doesnt cleanse like a shampoo like they make you believe. Im just glad I followed the advice of a make up alley member below and took the trial offer. Id be pissed if I payed more than 10 for this!

on 10/12/2011 9:52:00 PM

A complete scam - instructions require you to use a tonne of product - no way the bottle would last one month. Not at all worth the cost of the product.

I have fine shoulder length blond hair with highlights - in excellent condition. After 3 days following the instructions, my hair was dry & brittle with fly aways that weren't there before.

Then to my surprise I started receiving repeat orders despite not ordering. Confirmation email from web order indicated 1 kit - nothing about being on repeat order.

Customer service must be dealing with this complaint a lot - well rehearsed response.

Bottom line - return is my cost and my credit does not include shipping and handling.

Buyer beware unless you intend to throw your $$ down the drain. You are charged before you receive the product. But it takes 1 - 2 billing cycles to recieve refund. Not a risk-free purchase.

on 9/18/2010 4:02:00 PM

Been using Wen cleansing conditioners for several years. Sweet Almond is the universal one if you don't know which one to start with. Does leave the hair feeling very soft if you use enough product. Many do not use enough product for cleansing or rinse well enough. I use 1 to 1 1/2 pump as a leave in conditioner. Start on the ends and work through the hair as the leave in. You won't have dry ends. It takes awhile to get use to using this product. Some times midway through the bottle, the pump stops especially when it gets 1/4 left, add some water and pump will work. I usually just start enough bottle. When it gets to the level I can add the other bottle, I let it fall in overnight.

Update: November 5, 2010 ~~ Will be canceling ALL my Wen auto ship orders with QVC. I have been having on/off reactions for a year around my hair line, neck and face. Areas on my face and eyes (the worse) have swollen with tiny blisters filled with fluid. Yes, I have seen two different dermatologist and have used prescriptions to combat whatever was causing it. Finally I had 3 days of testing and found I am NOW allergic to Methylisothiazolinone (there are several synonyms for this. I have never been allergic to this before, but a buildup in my system gradually caused this. MOST of WEN's products have this in. It is a preservative found in many shampoos, cosmetics and skin care products, as well as in household and industrial products. I only use natural products and steam clean. The scientific name is CL+ ME- Isothiazolinone. Go online and check out this chemical....you will be very surprised what harm it can do to you. Look under Wikipedia under methylisothiazolinone. I wish I would have known this before every trying WEN which I have used for over two years (remember buildup). It would have saved me mega dollars in a year's time going to the doctor, pharmacy and now this allergen patch test. Hope this helps others. Chaz Dean needs to rid his products of this caustic preservative.

Update: December 22, 2011 - After discovering the extreme reactions of WEN products that built up in my hair and in my body (yes, body!!!) due to the preservative used in the products (see above update), my hair and skin is back to normal. In fact, I am now getting compliments on my hair that I never did using any of the WEN products. Stopping WEN and trying many natural products, I finally found Giovanni deep moisture shampoo that makes my hair soft and shiny. Also, I use the GPB from Aubrey Organics. Using these two products show my hair healthy, shiny, soft and manageable. Compliments have come especially from women of all ages.....teens, as well, and that is a high regard since they have youthful locks. I will NEVER use any WEN products again....and will NEVER recommend them either. Luckily my dermotogist discovered the problem before the chemical did more harm to me. Be aware of what is in the products you buy and what they can do to you internally as well as externally!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very curly, fine hair and I've been using this product for about a year now. I started using it as a shampoo but after a week or so found that using 16 pumps on my hair wasn't worth it. Now I use it as a shampoo once every month or two and use it as leave-in conditioner every day (3 or 4 pumps) and totally love it. I canceled my "subscription" right after I bought it and now buy it on-line or at an "as seen on tv" store. I've maybe gone through three bottles in the last year which makes it much more affordable.

Video Reviews & Tutorials