3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I don’t know what was going on with those involved in the lawsuit bc they tested the Wen products and showed they were safe and multiple doctors, not affiliated w Wen, stated that the majority of the pics being sent in by “victims” were clearly forms of early female pattern baldness and other disease related hair loss. Did people just jump on the bandwagon....either knowingly to get $$ or bc they really thought Wen was the clause of their hair loss??? Who knows. All I know is that I love the stuff. I have used it forever and will continue to. I have tried other cleansing conditioners and they just don’t clean like Wen does. The green label one is my favorite, as I really like the invigorating smell. I have never had an issue w Wen and will continue to use it and recommend it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

This is my HG shampoo/conditioner. I have very baby fine thin pin straight hair. My whole life I had to use a thick conditioner after shampooing or I just might as well have buzzed all my hair off because a brush would not go through it if not conditioned. I forgot conditioner a few times or just ran low and it would take me HOURS to get it brushed out and an unnerving amount of hair would come out too. My mom had some of this a few years ago and i decided to try it. First of all the recommended amount is way to much. My hair was down to my waist and they wanted you to use like 17 pumps or something crazy. For 40 bucks a bottle I wasn't going there. So I came up with a method. Two pumps in it hand , get on finger then apply to root of hair. Took about 4-5 pumps to cover my scalp. Then I used my finger nails and scrubbed the crap outta my scalp. Then I would work the rest of the product through to the ends and rinse. Perfectly clean every time. With regular shampoo and conditioner my hair would need to be washed every other day at best. Usually every day. I was losing a lot of hair with the old method and it took forever to grow out. Usually when my hair gets down past it shoulder blades it can start looking a bit ratty. My hair grew so much faster using WEN and only washing it every 3-4 days. It's amazing after you rinse this out of your hair and it's not snarly or hard to get a brush through. I used up my last bottle (had three spares) but my other bottles were still packed from a move and I ended up using my daughter shampoo / conditioner. That only reaffirmed why I love WEN. My hair was a wreck after three days of the old method. I braved the stack of boxes and dug my WEN out. A regular bottle of this stuff will last me like 8 months because I use the product sparingly and only have to wash my hair twice a week. I had ordered from Renker. They were doing some kind of special for new customers bogo. Then every three months they would auto ship. My Bottle was lasting a lot longer than expected so I called to cancel. Gotta love sales people. From how she was talking I could tell she was going through the "don't let them canc unless you absolutely have to" checklist with me. I let her do her speil and every time she was finished with one I would just repeat that I wanted to cancel. She was NOT having it. Ok so this is the secret to getting them to comply. Tell them if your not able to cancel then to put you on with someone that is. That usually lets the helium out of their balloon ;-). They cancelled me after that and I have had no problems. Note: I was a faithful herbal essences user until I was 32. I have to admit that I really miss taking my hair down from having it up all day and that lovely scent of that shampoo filling my nostrils. People forever telling me my hair smelled good. I'd rather much have long beautiful hair that is healthy versus compliments. That's the only thing lacking with WEN. That all day smell that just lingers fruity deliciousness.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

This is a good product,not miracolous as they make it seem on tv tho. It did leave my hair clean and nice,but I dont really think its worth the price and all the extra time it takes to wash your hair. Its really pricey since you need a lot of product and the bottle is really expensive.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Very mediocre product. I have quite thick hair, so had to use LOADS of product to get a decent result. For the price, this is just unsustainable. A pro is that I don't have to wash my hair as much.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3 years ago

So much of my hair fell out due to this product. I have stopped using it and my hair continues to fall out at an alarming rate. I searched the internet and this seems to be common. There is a lawsuit against Wen at this time. Wish I would have known.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/FDA-Investigates-WEN-by-Chaz-Dean-Cleansing-Conditioners-387647361.html http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Products/ucm511631.htm

About reviewer (293 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Used this once & it actually felt so stripping & my hair was so hard to comb through & I use a specific wet comb from Sally's for this. Not a fan.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This GARBAGE MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

My hair is thinning, dry and very fine (what a terrible combination). Bought this at Sephora when I ran out shampoo and at the annoying urging of the sales person. First impression was surprised that I need 16 pump for my shoulder length hair? But I never follow instruction anyway, so I halves the pump. Smell: Nice minty Texture : Thick Conditioner type Washing off: easy Aftermath : It does leave my hair hydrated but a tiny bit oily on the scalp. When you have thinning hair that's a bad thing because it reveals your baldness. So the second try on this shampoo, I halved the pump into 4 pump. So my hair still very hydrated afterwards with a nice sheen. The scalp not oily this time but by the end of day it get oilier than when I was using my avalon biotin shampoo. Conclusion : Not suitable for daily use. Use it for deep conditioning once a week. Extra caution for those with fine thinning hair

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

Got a one use sample (use equal parts to wash 2x) in TSC's beauty tote. Time consuming. Very pricey. Hair was shiny & extremely clean & light feeling. If you have money to burn, give it a try but there are so many other great products on market. See my full review & tutorial at my YouTube below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byz_1rFHCKM

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55